TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

TSM Hip Hop Hall of Fame

In light of the billions and billions of threads of greatest...{ }..of all time, and S&M starting his own HOF thread. I thought about doing a TSM Hall of Fame. It will be done by voting by YOU the readers of this folder. There has to be a floor and there needs to be some rules. To count in this, an artist must past these two rules:

1: Artist or Group must have been out for atleast 5 years.

2: Artist or Group must have atleast one hit, cult or mainstream.

The rules of this Hall of Fame:

-In this thread, name every rapper, producer, or group you feel belong in a Hall of Fame. It doesn't matter if others agree or not.

-After a few days the pool will close and the voting will begin, in another thread.

-Try not to repete names but just name artist you feel belong.

-Groups or Solo work would not matter.

-In the voting thread, vote the 10 you feel belong. Rank them in order and list why(so a bio in the HOF thread).

-The point system of 10 points for number 1 votes, 9 points for number 2 votes, ect. ect. will be used as to see who makes it.

-The top 10 with the most number of points gets into the Hall of Fame.

So for this thead, just "pimp" who you feel belongs into the Hall of Fame.

I will start off with 10:

Run DMC

KRS One

Tupac

Notorious BIG

Big Daddy Kane

Rakim

Chuck D

OutKast

MC Lyte

NWA

africa bambataa

rick rubin/russell simmons

kool herc (created hip-hop)

fab 5 freddy

no one else deserves to be on this list. especially current rappers or overhyped rappers/pop stars like tupac and biggie. to the person who made this list. hip-hop was created twenty years ago, not when nwa hit the scene.

Guest HungryJack

SO the guys who are in part responsible for bringing hip-hop to the mainstream, and gaining mainstream acceptance, aren't as worthy as the creators ???

Bullshit, sez I. This whole thread is a fucking joke.

Guest TheGame2705
SO the guys who are in part responsible for bringing hip-hop to the mainstream, and gaining mainstream acceptance, aren't as worthy as the creators ???

Who knows rap better than HungryJack who comes from the streets of BK, the home of Biggie and Jay...

oh wait, aren't you from CANADA?

Anyway I'd vote personally:

Run DMC

Dr. Dre

BIG

Tupac

Snoop Dogg

Outkast

Public Enemy

Jay-Z

Ice Cube

Nas

Edited by TheGame2705

Guest Doyo

People are only eligible for most real hall of fames after a long amount of time

has passed since when they started. With the passage of time it becomes

easier to see who really mattered. Will anyone really care about DMX 20 years

from now? Also, real hall of fames are very hard to get into. Jose Canseco is

one of the greatest baseball players I have ever watched, but from what I

understand he doesn't have the numbers to make the hall. Of course, this is

internet message board hall of fame, so people can do whatever they want.

The following three DJs would be the first inductions into a hip hop hall of fame,

no question. Really, this wouldn't even be voted on. These are the inventors

of rap music.

Kool DJ Herc

Grandmaster Flash

Afrika Bambaataa

For groups/ artists I guess I will say:

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (you all realize that Flash didn't rap, right?)

Kurtis Blow

Run DMC

LL Cool J

Beastie Boys

Public Enemy

Boogie Down Productions (KRS One)

Eric B & Rakim

Producers:

Rick Rubin

Bomb Squad

Businessman:

Russel Simmons

And a real hip hop hall of fame would also have breakdancers and graffiti artists.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

But this is TSM.

TSM having a hip-hop hall of fame is like the KKK having a civil rights memorial erected.

Guest HungryJack

Who knows rap better than HungryJack who comes from the streets of BK, the home of Biggie and Jay...

Run DMC

Dr. Dre

BIG

Tupac

Snoop Dogg

Outkast

Public Enemy

Jay-Z

Ice Cube

Nas

Firstly....

Yes, I do happen to live in Canada.I also happen to be FROM Wales. As In born there, emigrated here.

Where are you from, what do you represent? aside from homosexuality, cuz you never seem to let us forget it.

I mean, just look at THIS face. It just screams,

"I am my mother's plaything. Dress me up, take me out, fuck me in the ass. You don't even have to buy me duinner. Hell, I'll even let you hit it from the back cuz I pity you."

Ha. If you wanna continue to be ignorant and believe that someone need live in a particular area to be well-versed on a particular subject, fine with me.

However, due to the wide availability of digital media , CD's and the like, and even printed media, I'll be ever learning more about rap music and the so-called ' hip-hop' culture. And with the advent of this new-fangled 'interweb' technology, I can 'download' music, and 'chat ' with others from AROUND THE WORLD in REAL TIME. Holy crap...I had better make sure to tie the sled dogs tight, lest they get away.

So yea, Game. You look like a real gangsta. I'm sure you're from the streets. You're probably gully as fuck.

Fuck that. You live in fear of your Catholic mother, bitch.

Edited by HungryJack

I chose:

Run DMC

KRS ONE/Boogie Down Productions

Public Enemy

Wu-Tang Clan

Slick Rick

Biz Markie

Beastie Boys

N.W.A.

Outkast

Kool Herc

LL Cool J

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five

Kurtis Blow

Ice T

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I'll give props to Common. Electric Circus was a hip hop fueled psychadelic trip back into the hazey 70's with Marvin Gaye. Has anyone made a more compelling hop hop record in the past few years? No, not even close. This album blew my mind.

Guest TheGame2705

Run DMC

Dr. Dre

BIG

Tupac

Snoop Dogg

Outkast

Public Enemy

Jay-Z

Ice Cube

Nas

Firstly....

Yes, I do happen to live in Canada.I also happen to be FROM Wales. As In born there, emigrated here.

Where are you from, what do you represent? aside from homosexuality, cuz you never seem to let us forget it.

I mean, just look at THIS face. It just screams,

"I am my mother's plaything. Dress me up, take me out, fuck me in the ass. You don't even have to buy me duinner. Hell, I'll even let you hit it from the back cuz I pity you."

Ha. If you wanna continue to be ignorant and believe that someone need live in a particular area to be well-versed on a particular subject, fine with me.

However, due to the wide availability of digital media , CD's and the like, and even printed media, I'll be ever learning more about rap music and the so-called ' hip-hop' culture. And with the advent of this new-fangled 'interweb' technology, I can 'download' music, and 'chat ' with others from AROUND THE WORLD in REAL TIME. Holy crap...I had better make sure to tie the sled dogs tight, lest they get away.

So yea, Game. You look like a real gangsta. I'm sure you're from the streets. You're probably gully as fuck.

Fuck that. You live in fear of your Catholic mother, bitch.

Cry me a river....ohhh...cry me a river...cry me, cry me

I don't ever remember saying myself that I'm from the hood or dress like it. I think I've actually said that I'm not from the hood nor do I dress like one that likes hip-hop. Why you brought up Wales is interesting, because I don't remember many Brits starting the hip hop movement in America.

If you wanna continue to be ignorant and believe that someone need live in a particular area to be well-versed on a particular subject, fine with me.

Actually this is an ignorant statement as I think an African family who's mother is dying of AIDS would know more about the struggles in Africa than someone reading about it. Likewise, someone who actually lived in an urban area, particularly, one where a famous rapper came from, would know more about the struggles they rap about. The people who also followed the music from the beginning would be able to see everything as it happened and be able to remember it rather than trying to learn all the years of hip-hop by reading old Source or XXL magazines.

Also, you could have made your point without insulting me or taking jabs at the fact that I have a boyfriend. I guess people who can't debate have to curse and talk loud and hope it sounds like an argument though.

Scarface

OutKast

Nas

Jay-Z

Biggie

Tupac

Eminem

Big Daddy Kane

Kool Moe Dee

Mc Lyte

Salt & Peppa

DJ Premier

Guru

BDP

Rakim

Roots

Mos Def

Common

...more to come...

then if that is the case, mc hammer is more deserving than anyone.

Guest BottleRocket

I would nominate the following artists. Each one debuted between 1979 and 1990 and had a hit single or LP during that time period. I separated solo artists from their groups if they released solo albums during this time period (Slick Rick, Ice Cube, Kool Moe Dee). I'm sure quite a few people with disagree with some of my selections...

Afrika Bambaataa & the Soul Sonic Force

Run-D.M.C.

Grand Wizard Theodore & the Fantastic Five

Fat Boys

L.L. Cool J.

Whodini

Treacherous Three

Roxanne Shante

Funky 4 +1

Cold Crush Brothers

Eazy-E

Matronix

U.T.F.O.

Too $hort

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five

Sugarhill Gang

Kurtis Blow

Boogie Down Productions

Beastie Boys

Chill Rob G.

Rob Base & DJ E Z Rock

Chubb Rock

King Tee

Three Times Dope

Positive K

Main Source

Masta Ace

Poor Righteous Teachers

Busy Bee

Spoonie Gee

Fab 5 Freddy

Fearless Four

Kool Moe Dee

Just-Ice

Salt-n-Pepa

Eric B. & Rakim

DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

Public Enemy

Schoolly D.

MC Shan

Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew

Stetsasonic

Ice-T

N.W.A.

Slick Rick

EPMD

Big Daddy Kane

Ultramagnetic MCs

Jungle Brothers

MC Lyte

Kool G Rap & DJ Polo

De La Soul

The D.O.C.

Geto Boys

3rd Bass

Nice & Smooth

Biz Markie

Queen Latifah

Special Ed

Heavy D & the Boyz

Ice Cube

Brand Nubian

A Tribe Called Quest

Gang Starr

Digital Underground

Compton's Most Wanted

X-Clan

In a genre with nearly twenty-five years of history, I think artists that debuted in the mid-to-late 90's do not yet qualify for Hall of Fame status.

I suppose Jay-Z could be included based on his contribution to 1990's "The Originators" single on EMI and, technically, 2Pac was a B-Team member of Digital Underground when "This is an EP Release" dropped.

I would nominate the following artists. Each one debuted between 1979 and 1990 and had a hit single or LP during that time period. I separated solo artists from their groups if they released solo albums during this time period (Slick Rick, Ice Cube, Kool Moe Dee). I'm sure quite a few people with disagree with some of my selections...

Run-D.M.C.

Fat Boys

L.L. Cool J.

Whodini

Treacherous Three

Roxanne Shante

Funky 4 +1

Cold Crush Brothers

Eazy-E

Matronix

U.T.F.O.

Too $hort

Sugarhill Gang

Kurtis Blow

Boogie Down Productions

Beastie Boys

Chill Rob G.

Rob Base & DJ E Z Rock

Chubb Rock

King Tee

Three Times Dope

Positive K

Main Source

Masta Ace

Poor Righteous Teachers

Busy Bee

Spoonie Gee

Fab 5 Freddy

Fearless Four

Kool Moe Dee

Just-Ice

Salt-n-Pepa

Eric B. & Rakim

Public Enemy

Schoolly D.

MC Shan

Stetsasonic

Ice-T

N.W.A.

Slick Rick

EPMD

Big Daddy Kane

Ultramagnetic MCs

Jungle Brothers

MC Lyte

Kool G Rap & DJ Polo

De La Soul

The D.O.C.

Geto Boys

3rd Bass

Nice & Smooth

Biz Markie

Queen Latifah

Special Ed

Heavy D & the Boyz

Ice Cube

Brand Nubian

A Tribe Called Quest

Gang Starr

Digital Underground

Compton's Most Wanted

X-Clan

In a genre with nearly twenty-five years of history, I think artists that debuted in the mid-to-late 90's do not yet qualify for Hall of Fame status.

I suppose Jay-Z could be included based on his contribution to 1990's "The Originators" single on EMI and, technically, 2Pac was a B-Team member of Digital Underground when "This is an EP Release" dropped.

Just because they were old school don't make'm all good though. That list could loose a name or eight.

That list maybe long but atleast it is full of different names. Having 10 people all saying Run DMC and Tupac kind of makes for a short list when like 18 people posted. Granted 8 of the names on there wouldn't make it into ANY hall of fame. IE: 3rd Bass.

Guest BottleRocket

3rd Bass is a highly influential group in the history of hip-hop. Both MC Serch and Pete Nice were well-respected emcees with a long history in the culture. "The Cactus Album" from 1989 is an absolute classic record.

In addition, if you look at the executive producer credit for "Illmatic," you will find MC Serch's name.

Years before Em had street cred and while the Beasties were still playing up their drunken frat-boy image, 3rd Bass were performing pure hip-hop.

Run-D.M.C.

Fat Boys

L.L. Cool J.

Whodini

Treacherous Three

Roxanne Shante

Funky 4 +1

Cold Crush Brothers

Eazy-E

Matronix

U.T.F.O.

Too $hort

Sugarhill Gang

Kurtis Blow

Boogie Down Productions

Beastie Boys

Chill Rob G.

Rob Base & DJ E Z Rock

Chubb Rock

King Tee

Three Times Dope

Positive K

Main Source

Masta Ace

Poor Righteous Teachers

Busy Bee

Spoonie Gee

Fab 5 Freddy

Fearless Four

Kool Moe Dee

Just-Ice

Salt-n-Pepa

Eric B. & Rakim

Public Enemy

Schoolly D.

MC Shan

Stetsasonic

Ice-T

N.W.A.

Slick Rick

EPMD

Big Daddy Kane

Ultramagnetic MCs

Jungle Brothers

MC Lyte

Kool G Rap & DJ Polo

De La Soul

The D.O.C.

Geto Boys

3rd Bass

Nice & Smooth

Biz Markie

Queen Latifah

Special Ed

Heavy D & the Boyz

Ice Cube

Brand Nubian

A Tribe Called Quest

Gang Starr

Digital Underground

Compton's Most Wanted

X-Clan

Just because they were old school don't make'm all good though. That list could loose a name or eight.

Whoa, Positive K of "I gotta a Man" fame a HOF? Stetsonic? I mean they're old school but some these cats on list were just one hit wonders. Suprise you don't have JJ Fad on here.