TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Trouble with Lesnar & Brock's Match

Well, I can't get past the fact that it just looks like a generic Camel Clutch. Basically, the move just pulls on the chin upwards. If the arm wasn't locked so sloppily everytime, I might feel differently.

With the Camel Clutch, you're sitting behind them completely with your weight all the way on their back instead of half your weight on the mat. So, it seems like it would be more effective.

Of course, you can't reverse into a Camel Clutch like you could reverse into a Crossface.

The crossface is more visually impressive. The Camel Clutch has been used as a generic rest hold so much in the past that having it as a finisher seems extremely lame--it's like the standard sleeper now. Plus, who really wants to use the same finisher that the Sultan used?

Similarly, what do think is more effective: Sharpshooter or Boston Crab? Which one would get more of a reaction and be considered by marks as more devastating? Plus, Jericho's "Winnepeg Crab" is probably considered the lamest finishing hold around since just about everyone, from main eventer to midcarder to jobber to stiffs like Nash and Steiner have escaped it.

The Crossface in theory also works the arm/shoulder. Yeah, it doesn't even look like it would hurt that area, but that's the way it is treated in matches. You'll see Benoit use shoulderbreakers or post someone's shoulder en route to setting up the hold.

Edited by AndrewTS

As a whole, smackdown is heavily populated by McMahon driven storylines. It has been since the start of the year. McMahon knowing his skits and angles are crap just baffles me as to why he continues the constant Mcmahon exposure on smackdown even when HE knows it sucks.

Well, I can't get past the fact that it just looks like a generic Camel Clutch. Basically, the move just pulls on the chin upwards. If the arm wasn't locked so sloppily everytime, I might feel differently.

With the Camel Clutch, you're sitting behind them completely with your weight all the way on their back instead of half your weight on the mat. So, it seems like it would be more effective.

Of course, you can't reverse into a Camel Clutch like you could reverse into a Crossface.

The crossface is more visually impressive. The Camel Clutch has been used as a generic rest hold so much in the past that having it as a finisher seems extremely lame--it's like the standard sleeper now. Plus, who really wants to use the same finisher that the Sultan used?

Similarly, what do think is more effective: Sharpshooter or Boston Crab? Which one would get more of a reaction and be considered by marks as more devastating? Plus, Jericho's "Winnepeg Crab" is probably considered the lamest finishing hold around since just about everyone, from main eventer to midcarder to jobber to stiffs like Nash and Steiner have escaped it.

The Crossface in theory also works the arm/shoulder. Yeah, it doesn't even look like it would hurt that area, but that's the way it is treated in matches. You'll see Benoit use shoulderbreakers or post someone's shoulder en route to setting up the hold.

Also, I figured Benoit worked over that shoulder a lot during the match to weaken it in order to keep it from being unhooked. Although it doesn't look as great or crisp nowadays (the hooking of the arm), it is still vital to the hold in theory. There is no denying that move works the neck mostly. I've felt it. I'd assume he works over that arm to ensure he can keep the hold locked for the length of time it takes his opponent to tap.