TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Vote for Andrew W.K. at MTV.com

OK, at mtv.com, they have this thing called "Viewers Pick Video". You get to vote for one of three videos, and the one which wins will be added to MTV's on-air playlist. This week, one of the choices is Andrew W.K.'s new video "Never Let Down". I know that there are some AWK fans on this board, and since he almost never gets played on MTV (I saw the video for "Party Hard" exactly once, and that was the only time I ever saw one of his videos get played), I think this could be a really good chance to help him get get some big exposure. Here's the link:

http://www.mtv.com/music/viewers_pick/

You can vote as many times as you want. Please, help get AWK on MTV!

I think this could be a really good chance to help him get get some big exposure

:lol:

Hey.........If he actually got played on MTV, it would be a good career boost.

Between the times that he's already been on MTV, and the commercials that he's done, I don't think that he's really in dire need of exposure support.

Andrew WK was on the behind the scenes Jackass movie special that MTV did and was on heavy weekend rotation during the time the movie came out.

Big exposure? How about yesterdays flavor of the TRL week. Been there done that, now let's forget about him just like Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit.

Andrew WK was on the behind the scenes Jackass movie special that MTV did and was on heavy weekend rotation during the time the movie came out.

Big exposure? How about yesterdays flavor of the TRL week. Been there done that, now let's forget about him just like Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit.

I like Andrew, but I just see how all of these go.

Korn had a really loyal following up until they became TRL darlings. Some Korn fans were happy to see their band finally get some air on a teeny boppy based show, but soon everything was about that "TRL" group and they were always showing up. The loyal fanbase started to hate them for "toning down" and turning to the MTV audience and soon the MTVers forgot about them. I'm not sure on the numbers of their recent album, and they've popped up a bit again, but they lost several loyal fans for many that don't care about them anymore.

Limp Bizkit was pretty similar, except they were still on the first album during their "TRL Debut", so they never established a whole following.

The Wolf is proof positive he has more talent than anyone on MTV. People only think he's repetitive because they have been conditioned to take everthing at face value, the irony being he's one of the less repetitive current artists. Fuck everyone, this album is unbelievable.

Ridiculously fun power ballads with lots of fast, exuberant party songs too. More complex than the first album as far as arrangements go, an actual wide variety of sounds, and a reworked version of one my favorite unreleased AWK songs, "Don't Ever Stop The Noise" (which is now "The Song"). And awesome liner notes. I paid $7 for it and am incredibly pleased.

Yeah, I just got it and it's awesome. When I first saw the tracklist, I was a little disappointed that "Don't Ever Stop The Noise" wasn't on it, but I guess I was wrong. Also, "Long Live The Party" is a reworking of the rare b-side "Dance Party", which is pretty cool. Overall, I don't think I like this album quite as much as "I Get Wet", but I'm still very happy with it, even if I did have to pay $15 for it (there's only one music store near my college, so I had no other choice).

Saturnmark, when you do go see him, do whatever is necessary to get yourself onstage with the band. It is an absolute ridiculous, beautiful rush, and the band seems to tell security to ease off and encourage fans to join them.

The first time I saw him was a religious experience. This second time was an even better religious experience. Hoo diddly.

Saturnmark, when you do go see him, do whatever is necessary to get yourself onstage with the band. It is an absolute ridiculous, beautiful rush, and the band seems to tell security to ease off and encourage fans to join them.

The first time I saw him was a religious experience. This second time was an even better religious experience. Hoo diddly.

This is so true. Every time I've seen him has been like a spiritual rebirth.

Andrew won because he connects with each and every fan on a level talentless morons like Jet can only dream of. I mean, the first 1000 people to pre-order the album on Amazon got a legitimate phone call from him. And everyone I know who has met him says he's the nicest guy in the world. Platypusfool and I voting like men posessed would have helped clinch it too.