TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HVilleThugg

The SWF Awards Show

Should we have an awards show this year?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have an awards show this year?

• Yes, do it the same way as last year
    • Yes, but let's do it a different way
    • No
    • Don't really care

What is our interest in continuing the Awards Show tradition? Everyone, please vote...If I get enough positive responses, then I'll do it.

Also, if you choose the "Yes, but let's do it a different way" option, please post below how you think we should run the awards show.

Da "is still on the fence" H

Last year, CC came up with nominees for all the categories, and everyone in the fed (either active, not active, lurker, or retiree) voted via PM ballot on who they think should win. We also allowed people to write in a vote for each category just in case they felt someone was deserving but didn't get nominated. And, we had people send in comments on why they voted that way so that we could post comments about the winners when the show went up.

Da "does that clear it up?" H

Trust me, Thugg, I've heard more discussion of the awards recently than ever before. There's no question that people want them this year.

I think having CC hammer out the primary nominations, work out the ballot from there, and then pitch it out to the fed a week or so before Genesis is still the best way to do it. I get the feeling it would be too disorganized and ruin some of the suspense of the awards if a thread was set up for everyone to nominate.

As a side-note, you won't be doing it all yourself like last year, right? No offense, but some of your noms (well, JL, specifically) were a little... wonky. :)

-Z

Guest Goodear

Yep. What I would do is have the membership and CC handle the nomination process together and then PM the votes to whoever is going to post the results. Then I would just let the winners know before the results get posted and write a little promo if they feel like it. Then at the end of the day, just post the results and the promos ... I wouldn't worry about writing the entire thing by yourself Thugg, that seems like overkill. So... off to clicking I go.

Actually Z...I'm all for doing it the same way we did it last year with CC making noms and the fed voting. I just heard a ton of bitching last year, so I wanted to see if there was interest, and if anyone else had good ideas of a way to do it.

As for me doing it by myself...I didn't do the noms by myself...everyone in CC worked on that together...and this is when Edwin and company were doing the JL. I wasn't even close to qualified to make the noms since I wasn't very active in the fed at the time. What I meant by myself is that I started the ball rolling and was kind of the overseer of it. I got CC together to do noms...i posted the noms...I counted the ballots, and I wrote the show. That's what I meant by doing it by myself. I'll probably still be the overseer since this will be my third year doing it and I have a system of sorts, but I planned to have CC come up with the nominations...not myself. Cause then Danny Williams will win every award, including best female, high-flying, hoss award. That is unless CC doesn't want me to oversee the process, at which point I will crawl back into my cave.

Da "doesn't assume he's that great as to be able to come up with the noms himself" H

Oh...and to clarify...when i say write the show...dont' think I wrote some long drawn out thing. I just organized the comments with the results and posted that. I wouldn't dream of writing a whole show by myself...you must be out your damn mind.

Da "yeah, right...like my lazy ass would do that" H

Aw damn, I think I should change my vote because I remember it differently than last year. Anyways, I think the fed members should make the initial nominations and suggestions for each category, CC sorts them out and thins out the herd and puts the ones they see best to put on the ballot. This way CC doesn't have to remember every match and every feud and character since last Genesis. The final ballot gets made up by CC, and then everyone votes.

Actually...we did that for some categories last year Judge. I think for the wrestler of hte year, best champion stuff...the nominations are relatively obvious...but where we have trouble is on match stuff where we have to pick the best match of the year and stuff like that. If you remember, we opened that up to the fed to come up with nominations to help us out...and we'd probably do something like that this year if we get into a situation where we can't think of more. It's certainly an idea to do it for all the categories...but I think Z has a point about that which is that there would be no suspense then. Everyone would know who was going to win each category based on the replies of the nomination thread...because if 9 people nominate Danny for ICTV Champ of the year, then chances are....he's gonna win no matter who we narrow it down to.

Da "does that make sense?" H

I suppose, though just say "You can't nominate someone who is already nominated" or something like that. Cut out the redundancy. At least, with the best match of the year one I'd like to see fed members nominating matches because as I said, CC can't be expected to remember every match. But I do see your point on the individual champions and such.

Edit: Or maybe PM suggestions, like a private Primary?

Did we have promo of the year awards last year? I know we had best promo writer, but I think we should have one for best individual promo. Mainly, because I think I can win that bitch with the Howard Stern promo.

Why not split the ballotting up by category? Have different people count different categories? It'd save you some work, that's for sure.

Spike...didn't you do the first Awards Show? I seem to remember you doing that over on IGNWF.

Da "is an old head" H

It was a collaborative thing then too, Thugg. I think the CC board (all... three of us) came up with the nominations back then, and I posted the thread. The voting tabulations were a bit different as there was a new account made strictly for that, so that any member on CC could go in and validate the votes (tabulated by Drew) in case there were any discrepancies. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Guest Insanityman

Yes... but I have to be honest- there were some fucked up nominations last year. I'm personally thinking nominations, CC weeds through them and then posts them for voting. Could be a nightmare but gives us more say since there'll be people who remember stuff that was gold that the CC overlooked. It can't be easy remembering a whole year's worth of promos, matches, feuds, etc.

*Hums 'Million Miles Away'* ;)

Yeah. My one big beef was that CIA/Mak cage match made it, but CIA/Mak/Renegade match (Which was much better, imo) didn't even get nominated.

Guest Insanityman

Yeah, Renegade rules. ...No I'm not biased! Well I personally still believe that Tom/ELM Submission still does rule over War Games... but such is life. But last year's was fine 'sides a few weird or almost wrong nominations were made. (Thinking JL).

Edited by Insanityman