TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

I think its time for another anime thread

I know there are a plethora of anime threads on this board, but since they probably go a while back I thought I'd start a new one.

Animes I've seen recently:

Zone of the enders: dolores Vol 1

- Although a slightly novel idea, the dvd kind of bored me with its lack of a decent plot (but hey there is still time) and pretty pathetic action. I don't think I'll be picking up vol 2 anytime soon.

Outlaw star

- Only have a couple of the episodes but from what I've seen I like it very much. I found it much more likable than Cowboy bebop. Highly recommended.

Bastard

- Again another anime I've just started to watch. The show is pretty funny I guess but I don't think fantasy anime is really my thing.

Gundam SEED

- After the sheer crap that was gundam wing (so bad infact I gave up after watching half of the episodes) I didnt really think I would enjoy SEED, but to my surprise I've really enjoyed what I've seen of the series so far. Definitely recommended

Anybody else?

What's the new one on Cartoon Network?

Zodiac something?

Heard that was pretty farking swell...

Akira and Eva...as always, rule the school....

I switched into an episode of Hellsing today and was reminded that I've had the whole series on CD for about 2 years already and haven't watched it yet. It looked interesting, I'll probably watch the whole thing soon.

I recently watched Noir (very good but slow storytelling, great backgrounds and shootouts) and Serial Experiments Lain (awesome and weird, check it out). Stuff I want to watch soon: Outlaw Star, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 and finally the last episodes of Great Teacher Onizuka.

What's the new one on Cartoon Network?

Zodiac something?

Knights of the Zodiac, is indeed a good show but I am starting to get bored with the fighting tourny theme shows now. I have issues with the dubbing "Bronze cloth" now I do not know if this is a direct tranlation from the japanese show or the people from DIC decided to call the magical armor that but I really hate it.

Any opinions on the new shows on Cartoon Network, SD Gundam and that new week long mini series Immortal Grand Prix?

The anime block of Adult Swim (InuYasha, Blue Gender, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop). I like the new episodes of InuYasha but I'm also a major mark for Rumiko Takahashi titles. I'm lukewarm on Blue Gender but the plot twist in the middle of the series has kept me into it. Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are relative oldies but still goodies.

The anime version of GTO. I personally like the manga version better. I tried listening to the English dub, but having Cowboy Bebop's Spike and Faye as the voices for Onizuka and Azusa is just too damn surreal and distracting for me so I went with subtitles.

I saw an episode SD Gundam. Its celshading style hurt my eyes.

And I finally got around to the FLCL tape I recorded when it was on Cartoon Network. It's short and insane but a fun watch with a kickass soundtrack from the pillows.

Guest JMA

Pretty much everything on CN. I'm also a huge Eva fan (as you can tell). I recently got the first DVD volume of Excel Saga.

currently, i am watching the cowboy bebop movie. it should not be called a movie as much as an extension of the television show. due to the non character introductions and all. but it's still damn good.

Sub-titled only stuff:

Naruto- Awesome, awesome, awesome. I've seen up to episode 39 and I can't get enough of this show. About the only problem I have with it is too many goddamn flashbacks, especially in the Chunin Exam arc.

DNAngel- I thought I wouldn't like this series much, but I guess I'm a sucker for the "hopeless romantic with a dark secret chases after what he thinks is his one true love", heh.

Also, I'm expected some sub-titled Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes some time within the next 2 weeks.

Dubbed:

Blue Gender- Not bad, but I was starting to lose interest til the aforementioned plot twist happened.

Inuyasha- Loving the new episodes, hope they dubbed more than a couple of weeks worth.

FLCL- Chaotic, that's all I can say...

I just finished watching Macross for the first time. Compared to Robotech it had a little more violence, some mild language, a tiny bit of nudity, and some extra scenes. Also the characters are fleshed out a little differently.

Anyone who cries that Robotech is some ridiculously edited piece of trash is wrong. I preferred Macross to Robotech, but actually preferred the Robotech music in some spots (but the Minmei songs were better in Macross).

The biggest change was the story was tweaked a little for Robotech to bring in the other two series. Some dialogue Robotech used I thought was actually a little better in a few scenes.

I'll probably pick up the box set for Evangelion with my next check.

Just Inuyasha for me so far (I saw about eight subtitled episodes at a friend's house about a month ago, and now I'm hooked on this show).

I'm planning on watching Armitage III next. It seems to be influenced by Blade Runner quite a bit (robots questioning their purpose and fate). Has anyone seen it?

Which one is it the OVA movie or the newer one?

Every Adult Swim anime is good, with the exception of FLCL, which is just too fucking surreal to make much sense, although the soundtrack kicks all kinds of ass. I watch Toonami, too. Cyborg 009 has the awesome Astro Boy throwback style, and I have always been a DBZ and DB fan. I've seen subbed episodes of DBGT, and it seems... odd. SD Gundam is a show I do not like, partly because the cel shading makes my eyes sore, and because I'm not a big fan of many Mecha series. Except G Gundam; that show owns. Right now my favorite is Inuyasha; the story is great and the animation is very good. However, my favorite anime series of all time HAS to be the Tenchi Muyo! series, except of course Tenchi in Tokyo, which was almost unbearably lame. I'm really excited that new episodes of the Tenchi OVA are coming out in the near future. :headbang:

I'm on episode 24 of Evangelion and I'm aghast. I dont know why but I'm hooked to the series.

Wait'll you see 25 and 26, they are both pretty... out there.

Also, if you're going to watch the true ending of the series, don't waste ye money on Death and Rebirth, just get End of Evangelion.

I got the pop-up....

Anyways...I haven't watched really any Anime lately because to do so requires me to buy a DVD. And I don't feel like spending money right now. So maybe when I get a little more free with my money I'll have some more anime. Otherwise no anime for me!

*PS* And the reason it requires me to buy a DVD is because I absolutely REFUSE to watch any Anime dubbed.

I got the pop-up....

Anyways...I haven't watched really any Anime lately because to do so requires me to buy a DVD. And I don't feel like spending money right now. So maybe when I get a little more free with my money I'll have some more anime. Otherwise no anime for me!

*PS* And the reason it requires me to buy a DVD is because I absolutely REFUSE to watch any Anime dubbed.

If you have broadband you can download subbed episodes from torrents or p2p programs.

I got the pop-up....

If you have broadband you can download subbed episodes from torrents or p2p programs.

I have a cable modem. But I can't have any file sharing programs on my computer.

...I just saw eps 25-26 of eva and...wow...

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

While the ending was hugely uplifting I fail to see any relevence it has to any of the other eva episodes, maybe when I watch "end of eva" it will become slightly clearer...but for some reason I found myself with a big smile plastered across my face when everybody was clapping Shinji as he finds his self worth

...I just saw eps 25-26 of eva and...wow...

While the ending was hugely uplifting I fail to see any relevence it has to any of the other eva episodes, maybe when I watch "end of eva" it will become slightly clearer...but for some reason I found myself with a big smile plastered across my face when everybody was clapping Shinji as he finds his self worth

Yeah, that ending was pretty satisfying and while I don't really consider this a spoiler...

THAT was the *good* ending. End of Eva is the really creepy version, so be prepared for a mindfuck...