Tony Mamaluke

Trent Acid

Johnny Kashmere

Nick Berk

Hardcore Nick Gage

Sonjay Dutt

Jimmy Rave

Nate Hatred

Finals is a 20 minute 3-way Iron Man match.

Derek Frazier vs. Deranged

Unsanctioned, Untaped, UnF'nBelievable

Messiah vs. Zandig

(Match will not be taped for Fake You TV, nor will be distribued by Smart Mark Video.)

Little armchair booking for the Iron Man tourny:

Kashin d. Rave (armbars fo every1!)

Mamaluke d. Kashmere

Mafia d. Berk

Flash d. Ruckus

Acid d. Sonjay

Gage/Hatred No Contest

Kashin d. Mamaluke

Flash d. Mafia

Flash d. Acid & Kashin

Course, I'm going under the assumption that Flash will then job the belt to B-Boy next month.

Frazier/Deranged will either be a good spotfest or a bad trainwreck.

As for the whole Messiah/Zandig match, their goal is to increase attendance at VH. However, this seems like it's gone about the wrong way. I think they're trying to build speculation that they might use barbed wire and lighttube, but at most the HIV will drag Zandig away and use that stuff on him in the back, away from the crowd and show it over the Tron. As for no commercial release, I imagine that this will find its way to a video tape sooner then later.

Other matches, I doubt it, 10 scheduled (9 in my predictions) matches for the Iron Man tourny, one guaranteed to go 20 minutes, and then 2 matches after that makes for 11/12 matches, a complete card, maybe another filler match with students and Knoxx, Cash, etc....

Thoughts?

Very interesting card, the whole Messiah-Zandig thing kinda pisses me off but I'm sure CZW has their reasons.

(Here's something I posted earlier today on the CZWfans Board)

This is probably CZW's toughest tourney ever to predict (At least in the TOD's/BOTB's you had a clue and the trifecta was a no brainer) but here's my not-so expert analysis:

Let's see, I'd rule out anyone who already has a CZW title (BSB, Gage, Ruckus) as giving one of them 2 titles would make no sense IMO.

So that leaves:

Adam Flash: Good chance, He's held the title a few times before... but if they are looking to establish a new identity for the belt, he's not the guy to go with.

Tony Mamaluke: No, Mamaluke hasn't been too lucky in CZW tourneys thus far and I don't see his luck changing at this show.

Nick Berk : there's a slight chance.. but I don't see him going over some of the talent in this tourney. So I don't think it's happening

Sonjay Dutt: Nah, Need to establish a differance between the Iron Man Division and the JHW division. keep him in the JHW division

Jimmy Rave : Strong chance, the crowd was really behind him during the Trifecta, and I could see it happening again.

Nate Hatred: No, having him win while still feuding with Deathmatch Champion Nick Gage would be a bad idea.

Mafia: Could happen, He's talented enough. But will CZW give it to someone who's not full time? that's the question here.

Kendo: It'd be interesting but unless he intends on returning soon, I see little chance of it happening. CZW has had quite a unique history when it comes to Japan and Title belts.

Overall... I have no clue as to who will win it. All I can say is thank you CZW for putting on such an intriguing tourney.

Like I said, I figure whomever gets the belt drops it to B-Boy next month. Flash works as he's a former champ, belt loses no credibility, and I can buy Flash winning this tourny and losing to B-Boy.

Either Flash or Sonjay, though Sonjay jobbing twice to B-Boy in big matches hurt him.

I don't know, I just don't see Flash winning it. Another reason I don't think Flash will win is that it would leave Ian Knoxx with no partner, and would really come out of nowhere (going from feud with the Backseats to Iron Man champ with no build up?). I see one of the BSB taking out Flash early.

I could be wrong though, the great thing about this tourney is that it is so unpredictable and probably anything could happen.

Should be one of the more interesting shows in recent CZW history.

They finally announced the brackets:

Nick Gage vs. Sonjay Dutt

Adam Flash vs. Johnny Kashmere

Nick Berk vs. Jimmy Rave

Kendo Ka Shin vs. Ruckus

Mafia vs. Nate Hatred

Trent Acid vs. Mamaluke

And here's my predictions:

Nick Gage Over Sonjay Dutt (I don't see Sonjay beating Gage)

Johnny Kashmere Over Adam Flash

Jimmy Rave Over Nick Berk

Kendo Ka Shin Over Ruckus (Tough one but as long as they have Kendo.. may as well use him)

Mafia Over Nate Hatred (Mainly cause I don't see 2 HIV members in the 2nd round)

Trent Acid Over Mamaluke

Semi Finals:

Nick Gage Over Kashmere

Jimmy Rave Over Kendo

Trent Acid Over Mafia (could be MOTN)

Finals:

Jimmy Rave Over Acid and Gage.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

You really think Rave will beat Kendo? Not sure what AJPW's policy on stateside tours is- but I know NOAH and WJPW have "our guys never job in the US" policies.

To me, the brackets lead either to Flash/Ka Shin/Mafia or Flash/Ka Shin/Mamaluke.

You really think Rave will beat Kendo? Not sure what AJPW's policy on stateside tours is- but I know NOAH and WJPW have "our guys never job in the US" policies.

To me, the brackets lead either to Flash/Ka Shin/Mafia or Flash/Ka Shin/Mamaluke.

I just thought if Jimmy Rave could somehow defeated Kendo it could give him the momentum he needs to win the belt and be a very credible champion.

I didn't think of the "Not allowed to job thing". if it's true Kendo would have to make it to the finals (which is a 3-way) so he could lose and still actually not job. If that is the case... I still have no clue who will win this.

And am I the only one who thinks Adam Flash isn't getting past the first round? (LOL, watch me look like an idiot after Flash wins the thing)

Edited by PsychoDriver

I'm still thinking whomever wins drop the belt to B-Boy next month.

Kashin won't job, probably because of AJPW politics, hence the finals stip where he can be involved and "not lose," technically. Which means the other people in his bracket (Rave, Berk, Ruckus) won't be in the finals. That's 3 people down, 4 if you count Kashin, since I doubt he'll become a full timer and get the belt.

That leaves Flash, Gage, Sonjay, Kashmere, Mafia, Hatred, Acid, & Mamaluke. If my theory of B-Boy getting the belt next month holds true, that eliminated HIV members Acid, Kashmere, and Hatred.

Flash, Gage, Sonjay, Mafia, & Mamaluke.

The only way Sonjay's gonna get past Gage is if the Hatred/Gage feud continues and those two cost each other their matches, which is a possibility. In fact, I'd put money on it, if I had money....

Mamaluke won't defeat Acid either.

That leaves Flash, Sonjay, and Mafia.

Sonjay has the IWA-MS LightHeavy belt right now, so I doubt he'll get the Iron Man belt too.

Flash & Mafia. Those two plus Kashin in the finals. Since Mafia's retiring/committed to ROH over CZW depending on who you ask, why put a belt on him.

Flash. He's the only logical choice left.

Guest trickstyle_360

There's a pbp chat tonight at the CZWFans's chat room, to enter it, type /server irc.mircx.com

then when connected, type /join #czfnw

Guest trickstyle_360

Mafia is not in the tournament, he's injured. He will be replaced with a mystery man tonight.

And am I the only one who thinks Adam Flash isn't getting past the first round?

I was right, Flash just got eliminated by Johnny Kashemere. Everyone thought Flash was winning it just goes to show how hard this tourney is to predict.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

New results:

Trent Acid d. Tony Mamaluke

Nick Gage d. Greg Matthews (subbing for injured Johnny Kashmere)

In the shock of the night, Jimmy Rave d. Kendo Ka Shin thanks to Ruckus interference.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Trent Acid just beat Chris Hero.

Finals will be Nick Gage vs. Jimmy Rave vs. Trent Acid

Zandig/Messiah is up next.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Bad news guys...something's going on at the show, which I think has to do with issues with the state athletic commission...show's in jeopardy of not continuing it looks like.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Trent Acid b. Jimmy Rave and Nick Gage 2-1-1.

Screwy finish though, as Acid was tapping to Jimmy as Gage broke it up and the time limit ran out ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Acid is still the winner though.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Messiah vs. Zandig ended up not being a match. Hi-V jumped him and did the WHACKS suspension (basically a guy is "hung" by coathooks THROUGH their shoulders and lifted in the air) to him. This closed the show. WHACKS himself (their creepy photographer guy with tons of piercings and tattoos, and does these suspensions as part of a stage show) got wiped out by Hi-V too.

Sounds like a pretty bad show with the ending being a huge letdown.

On the contrary, most people are saying its a candidate for Show of the Year, if not THE show of the year.

Dumb, dumb ending.

I knew Zandig/Messiah wasn't going to be a match, that HIV was gonna run-in, and slaughter Zandig somehow. With the Philly DM ban, either there was going to be somekind of "cop-out" ending, or CZW was going to get kicked out of Philly.

From what it sounds like, based on inital reactions, CZW crossed the line with the Zandig hanging, and the bait-and-switch of a match. People aren't happy with it, long time CZW fans, not just casual fans. The promoting of the match couldn't have been worse (no it won't be on tape, yes it will, won't be on TV, won't be shown at all), people were all confused over that.

Finals of the ending were screwy, of course, anything with Acid's going to be, especially when it involves a belt. He'll go over Rave next month, though, no doubt about that.

Everything, save the last match and ending angle, sounded decent. However, what the fans saw last is what will stick in their minds and will affect their decisions on whether they want to go to another CZW show. 600 is the guestimated attendance for this show, I'm pretty sure it won't be that high for October, which is a shame. Almost two years in VH, and CZW can't get the place to half-capacity.

Eh, calmer heads will prevail tomorrow morning and once the show is out on tape later this week. But from what it sounds like right now, CZW managed to take what could have been a great show and turn it into what could become a fatal wound. That and it's two shows until COD5, and the hype hasn't begun for that, and angles really haven't become set up for that.

I don't know.