TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

Favourite bands and songs

Dio

What the motherfucking fuck?! Dio does not in any way, shape, or form suck.

Um.....what? The man is an elf. The voice annoys me to no end. He rode Ozzy's coattails in Black Sabbath, and he has contributed very little in regards to actual music. The majority of Dio's best work came from his Black Sabbath days, namely Stand Up and Shout. Holy Diver makes no sense...Man on the Silver Mountain? Rainbow in the Dark is the man's best contribution to music, and that isn't exactly saying a lot.

Guest Smark-Raving Mad

Dry Kill Logic is such a dumb metal band, but I love them.

Kilgore's singer is so over the top, but I can't help but like them.

And there was this band in the mid-90's called The Hunger that was so cheesy, but I still listen to the CD every now and then.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
The Presidents of the United States of America. No elitist could ever like them, but deep down, how can ya hate 'em?

Perfect example.

Dio

What the motherfucking fuck?! Dio does not in any way, shape, or form suck.

Um.....what? The man is an elf. The voice annoys me to no end. He rode Ozzy's coattails in Black Sabbath, and he has contributed very little in regards to actual music. The majority of Dio's best work came from his Black Sabbath days, namely Stand Up and Shout. Holy Diver makes no sense...Man on the Silver Mountain? Rainbow in the Dark is the man's best contribution to music, and that isn't exactly saying a lot.

Dio is short and you don't like his voice. And yes, Dio was in a band called "Elf" too so he has a sense of humor about it.

Gee, that goes a long way towards proving your point. You want to talk about a shitty voice, we can talk Ozzy.

"Rode Ozzy's coattails?" How so? Sabbath with Dio's songs and general musical direction bears little resemblance to Sabbath with Ozzy's songs. He never tried to be like Ozzy--most of "classic" Sabbath's songs were all drug-related. I agree that was his best work, though, because I like both versions of Sabbath anyway.

Contributed "very little in regards to actual music?" I guess the groups he influenced and albums like Holy Diver, Sacred Heart, and The Last in Line are "very little."

"Stand Up and Shout" is from Holy Diver, the first solo album, not from his Sabbath days, by the way.

Making no sense? "Holy Diver" is a standard "good vs. evil" thing--is evil winning? And "Man on the Silver Mountain" is supposedly D&D related, but I don't know about it. I'll admit that some of the criticism comes from the sometimes "out there" lyrics, some occasionally tongue-in-cheek songs that seem out of place, and some overly-pretentious works. Not that there aren't musical acts that have those in them.

Regardless, instead of trying to say why you think he sucks, you state you dislike him because of personal biases and allegedly him having made few music contributions. That's complete failure on your part, dodging the question.

Surprised to see the Dio hate here, but aw well. Reading between the lines, I think it may have to do with favoring Ozzy, but I doubt it. I'd think anyone who liked the last Ozzy album would have to add it on here, because Down To Earth was some SERIOUS suckage.

Edited by AndrewTS

The Presidents of the United States of America.  No elitist could ever like them, but deep down, how can ya hate 'em?

Perfect example.

I like them...they're cool and didn't take themselves seriously enough for anyone to actually hate them. They kinda defy any sort of genre classification.

Okay, there's "alternative" I guess--which is MTV's label, not mine.

The Presidents of the United States of America.  No elitist could ever like them, but deep down, how can ya hate 'em?

Perfect example.

I like them...they're cool and didn't take themselves seriously enough for anyone to actually hate them. They kinda defy any sort of genre classification.

Okay, there's "alternative" I guess--which is MTV's label, not mine.

Oh absolutely. PUSA were a bunch of great guys and musicians who carved their own niche and goofy following. I miss their presence in mainstream rock.

Hey...

I liked Down To Earth.

I'm sorry, but an album with containing THE pussiest Ozzy song of all time, with an environmental message to boot, belongs nowhere in my CD collection.

The rest of it was mostly way too forgettable for me to bitch about. "Gets Me Through" was okay, though.

I'll forgive him, though, since Ozzy is half braindead today anyway.

Oh absolutely. PUSA were a bunch of great guys and musicians who carved their own niche and goofy following. I miss their presence in mainstream rock.

Plus, "Lump" spawned Weird Al's "Gump." (His girlfriend Jenny was kind of a slut, went to the White House, showed LBJ his BUTT! He's Gump, he's Gump...).

When I feel down, I usually listen to Presidents and Ramones and everything's all better shortly. :D

Edited by AndrewTS

Guest Insanityman

That damn "Seven Nation Army" song by White Stripes. Gets suck in my head aaallll the time. Well I don't think Nirvana sucks at all, but I know they're over rated- so I'll include them. Also I find the joking or just up beat Green Day songs just fun to listen to... puts me in a good mood.

Everyone's got their knickers in a twist over Redbaron saying Dio, yet are missing the main point. He said Elton John, one of the greatest singer/songwriters ever, sucks.

That alone should be punishable by death.

Yeah, I like a couple of John Denver songs.

tAtU, Green Jelly (although they ADMIT to sucking), KISS, Rob Zombie, PowerMan 5000, White Town, and I even like some Union Underground.

**cranks to Slayer so as to not lose his metalhood** Ah, all better.

I'll have to say TATU also.

And...Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam. Maybe its my love for Full Force or the fact that Lisa Lisa was hot, but I know that they sucked, yet I will jam to them...

*Turns on "If I take you home"*

Everyone's got their knickers in a twist over Redbaron saying Dio, yet are missing the main point. He said Elton John, one of the greatest singer/songwriters ever, sucks.

That alone should be punishable by death.

Yeah, I like a couple of John Denver songs.

You missed the point here.

I like Elton John (not in a homosexual way).

Its just you don't expect me to listen to his music. Personaly I think he is a faboulus writer, composer, and yes I marked out when he was on the Muppet Show, and wore the Disney Suit.

I like to add Republica and Mr. Big

KISS- Music from the Elder

Download some of the tracks off this now. If I were to describe it- I'd say it's KISS acting like Pink Floyd and adding a lot of Medieval stuff. It's amazingly good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Ace Freheley sounds so hammered on the one song he does on the Elder. Never in a KISS song did I think I would hear this lyric.

Look out, Cause there's something wrong

And you don't know what it is

Watch out, Or it's Sodom and Gommorah

The malevolent order

Right now, Before it's much too late

Before it's much too late

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You're fuckin' kiddin' me..Kiss got all dorked out and did a fantasy-based album?

Yep they sure did. The video for the single "World Without Heroes" had Gene Simmons dressed in medieval garb singing into the camera and at the end of the video a single tear strolls down Gene's face, it's fucking hillarious. Even in the linear notes of the remastered version of the Elder they trash talk the album.

What happened to Magoo? The album he did as Timabland & Magoo was hot shit......but the recent single Cop That Shit has Magoo hurting the single more than helping it. Now he sounds like a cheap Q-Tip karokee singer.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Yep they sure did. The video for the single "World Without Heroes" had Gene Simmons dressed in medieval garb singing into the camera and at the end of the video a single tear strolls down Gene's face, it's fucking hillarious. Even in the linear notes of the remastered version of the Elder they trash talk the album.

I'm getting it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm in, but I'm only getting the original version, not the remastered one where they try to cover their tracks. I want no interference with the suck.

I'm in, but I'm only getting the original version, not the remastered one where they try to cover their tracks. I want no interference with the suck.

Oh no the remastered one is the same as the original just better audio quality.

The Elder is seriously underrated.

But a note, in the "World Without Heroes" video Gene is not dressed in medieval garb, it's his regular costume modified to be smaller during The Elder era. "Dark Light"(Ace's song on The Elder) kicks ass though..along with "Under The Rose", "The Oath" and "I"