TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

9-8 Observer TNA News

-Jerry Jarrett, who has been quiet for some time, was said to be walking around really proud of himself since the reviews have been strong. It's been a neverending battle between him and Russo over who's booking and philosophy was better. The Panda people have gone back and forth, but they seem to believe the strong reviews of the recent shows indicate the Jarrett version of wrestling is better. Jarrett said he thinks the company would be profitable right now if they had stuck with him from the start, instead of having to dig out of the hole created. Todd Carter claimed that the 8/20 show saw buyrates noticeable higher than normal.

-Sinn got the spot in the New Church, because Brian Lee no showed.

-There is tremendous enthusiasm coming from the string of good shows and a lot of positive business news.

-At the 8/27 show contracts were handed out to just about everybody performer that was there. WWE is now taking seriously as a threat, which means TNA better lock them up or get them stolen away, and also because of some licensing deals in negotiations. An interesting part of the contract is that they include medical insurance.

-There are negotiations for a videogame deal, supposedly with EA Sports, a doll deal, and an entrance music cd deal.

-There was a push to bring in Piper. He won't be wrestling, but will be cutting a promo on 9/17.

-There are no dates scheduled for Sting. According to a close friend of Sting, Sting has made his money and has no urge to be on tv. He isn't opposed to wrestling, but it isn't a big deal to him.

-Antonia Pena is scheduled to come to Nashville on 9/17 to try and close a talent trading deal.

-Jarrett has received mostly cheers, but isn't happy with the noticeable boos he has received on the 8/17 show. The company said the boos came from the heel section of fans that hasn't been around in several weeks, but came back because they thought Raven, who is their favorite, had to win the title this time. The company was unhappy with them in the past and Bob Ryder has spoken to them about their reactions. Dave has heard different versions of what he said, but the company's take is they set aside seats for the fans and had no problems, but about 6 weeks ago, Ryder told them the company is going in a different direction with strong face vs heel storylines and that he thought they should play into it. They complained and stopped coming, but a few started trickling back and most were back for 8/27. Jarrett, upset that they were booing him, as well as Harris and Storm, told Bert Prentice to tell them they weren't welcome at the shows. Storm was really upset, because he injured his neck, and they were taunting him as he was being helped backstage.

-Before the show security confiscated several signs, because they considered them racial(something like saying D'lo really isn't black) or in poor taste(calling women whores).

-Juvi showed up in good shape, because he is starting to realize he is screwing up his potential. He did lose some brownie points with some for showing up late, but this wasn't his fault as his plane was delayed both weeks. The decision to bring him back or not will be more of a cost deal than anything else.

-Hart's backstage reputation wasn't as bad as the reputation that preceded him, but didn't do himself any favors at the finish vs Juvi. Juvi used the juvi driver for the big pop and finish and right after 3 Hart nipped up and started walking around looking for cheers, instead of selling the finish. People were amazed by his lack of sense. He also got some negative feelings, because they thought he was kicking out of too many moves in the Guerrera match, but that wasn't his fault as the match was layed out by Guerrera. The feeling was that Hart had very impressive high spots and was a good worker, but due to the expense of flying him in from Calgary, it is questionable if he will be brought back.

-Nosawa impressed people and will likely be brought back.

NOSAWA can be TNA's Tajiri. The heel section seem like dicks. Just cooperate. I can't stand when people act like asses for the heel of it. Thats funny :). When was the last TNA show drought? Like May? I guess Jerry Jarrett has been writing since then. Hopefully he stays at the head writer position. And look I said writer. Not owner. Maybe that will keep people from saying "Jerry's company".

It's great to see that TNA is looking after their guys with the insurance policy. That speaks alot of how they look at their talent.

I wonder what the contracts are like. I'm assuming they're pretty much saying that they have X amount of TNA appearances and they can't be in WWE.

At the 8/27 show contracts were handed out to just about everybody performer that was there. WWE is now taking seriously as a threat, which means TNA better lock them up or get them stolen away, and also because of some licensing deals in negotiations. An interesting part of the contract is that they include medical insurance."

That's awesome.

Panda Energy must really be serious.

I thought he was awesome. They told him to go out and put on a spotfest...and they tore the house down (IN his national TV debut!).

Whether he can work a real match remains to be seen...and hopefully we will see soon...and in TNA.

HE made himself a star in one night to the crowd though.

Teddy Hart should be brought back more, only they should try to cut a deal THROUGH him where TNA and Stampede can do inter-promotional shows. That'd help get TNA exposure in Canada, and help get Stampede exposure in the States.

I can't wait for the game, if the deal goes through. EA Sports made Def Jam Vendetta (which had the potential to be the greatest wrestling game ever, save for some minor flaws, but the gameplay and graphics were superb), but they also made Mayhem and Backstage Assault. Mayhem was okay, but Backstage Assault was terrible.

TNA figures? I hope they go an ECW route with the way the figures look. I don't know why, but my ECW figures are my favorite (and I only have Taz, Dreamer, RVD, and Sabu). They look so damn RETRO. Sure, not as detailed as the current crop of WWE figures, but you could tell who they were EASILY at first glance. Only downside was the fact that they weren't any different in size, so a 6'2" worker like Tommy Dreamer was equal size to the 5'7" wonder Taz.

Medical insurance? Sounds like TNA is pulling a trump card on WWE and most other promotions. Providing medical insurance, unheard of, could attract a LOT of workers to TNA rather than WWE or other promotions.

...if it's Acclaim, I will jump on the "countdown to TNA's extinction" bandwagon. Why? Name me one good post-Warzone wrestling game Acclaim has made. Even Legends Of Wrestling is EXTREMELY flawed (lack of moves to use, slow gameplay, etc.).