TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

John Mayer

Wondering if anyone picked it up and what they think about it? I'm finding it to be pretty damn good, especially Something's Missing, New Deep, and Come Back to Bed.

I really like Bigger than my Body too. I just have to put up with my girlfriend telling me how gay I am for listening to John Mayer...oh well.

Guest El Satanico

He's not something I'd buy or download, but he's not bad from what I've heard. The only extended amount of time I've listened to him was when someone I know had his first CD on vacation and it was played a few times.

Like I said he's not something I'd listen to often, but it's not something that would make me throw a radio out of a window to avoid hearing....like 50 cent.

Guest wwF1587

i havent heard his new album yet but i really liked his first.. and if people call me gay.. i just tell them i havent been happy in months so fuck off

Guest stardust

Sadly, I forgot his new album came out this week. I loved Room for Squares, though, so I might end up picking the new one up.

I don't like him enough to buy any of his music. It's odd really.

One day/moment I actually love his songs and his voice, and then another day/moment, the sound of his voice makes me want to hurt people.

I HATE most of his unreleased stuff, and people seem to mark like bitches for it. This is one instance where I just liked the studio shit.

Can't decide whether or not to try and burn it or just go and grab it off the shelf.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

I find it to be one of the better new CDs to add to my collection. His new CD, personally, expands his sound and pushes him away from the Dave Matthews-stigma people gave him when he released Room for Squares. And if people want to call me gay, I give a resounding Fuck You back. (Hey...I'm a Masshole :D )

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

John Mayer is alright. His first CD was good, but I don't know if it was good enough to prompt me to buy the second one.

Guest Wildbomb 4:20
Second rate coffee shop guitarist.

I take it someone hasn't listened to the new release. Quality guitar work. And (holy shit) his voice sounds better than it did before. If still not your cup of tea, fine; that's your opinion. At least back up a statement and not just throw out a comment.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No, I haven't heard the new album, however I've heard the first one in detail thanks to my coworkers, and while it's certainly not the worst piece of music I've ever heard, I'm sure it's in my top (or bottom, rather) 20. He does nothing on that album..strum, warble something sensitive..strum...IIRC, he actually WAS a second rate coffee shop guitarist before he got signed. That makes him a latte balladeer with a contract, and there's no more loathsome creature than that.

There's Chris Martin. I consider him a murderer. I could have helped save the lives of so many third world kids if he wasn't involved in all the fair trade/oxfam stuff. I just cannot express my loathing for that man enough. It's my problem, but he will die.