TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

An idea to cheer up Dames.

Guest The Old Me

Please Rant, think of the others, who have never seen it due to their lack of laziness and their inability to scroll down to the bottom of the folder.

WOULD YOU THINK OF THEM??!!

El-P's Fantastic Damage. When I compiled a top 20 list for the radio station--everyone did one, which was tabulated into an overall station top 20--I put Wilco's Yankee Foxtrot Hotel as number one. It's a really good album, but I hardly ever listen to it anymore.

So, yeah, El-P's Fantastic Damage for 2002. As for 2003, the forerunner is Her Majesty, the Decemberists, by the Decemberists.

I can't say I've heard the EL-P album, since I'm pretty much only familiar with the more popular indie music, which is sort of like an oxymoron I guess. As such, I HAVE heard the Wilco album, and while I think it's pretty good, I don't think it's the best album of the year. I always wondered why, as it didn't really seem to have that extra quality. It was really good, not great. I now remember Kinetic praising this one to death, probably on a boat, and I've always wanted an explanation.

As for mine, I'd say Source Tags and Codes, as it was sort of like a throwback to the early nineties true alternative stuff, except it was for my generation and therefore was cooler to me. Great production along with great hooks. Too bad it didn't get much attention though. Even I only fell in love with it earlier this year, but yeah, greatness for sure.

I haven't listened to any new music in a while, what the hell is out there in 2003? The only album I remember buying is...well, I really don't.

Guest The Old Me
I try not to. The thought of people looking at cocks on their computer screen bothers me.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Speaking of, let's pay tribute Dana Plato today, on this sad day of Hollywood deaths.

El-P's Fantastic Damage. When I compiled a top 20 list for the radio station--everyone did one, which was tabulated into an overall station top 20--I put Wilco's Yankee Foxtrot Hotel as number one. It's a really good album, but I hardly ever listen to it anymore.

So, yeah, El-P's Fantastic Damage for 2002. As for 2003, the forerunner is Her Majesty, the Decemberists, by the Decemberists.

I can't say I've heard the EL-P album, since I'm pretty much only familiar with the more popular indie music, which is sort of like an oxymoron I guess. As such, I HAVE heard the Wilco album, and while I think it's pretty good, I don't think it's the best album of the year. I always wondered why, as it didn't really seem to have that extra quality. It was really good, not great. I now remember Kinetic praising this one to death, probably on a boat, and I've always wanted an explanation.

As for mine, I'd say Source Tags and Codes, as it was sort of like a throwback to the early nineties true alternative stuff, except it was for my generation and therefore was cooler to me. Great production along with great hooks. Too bad it didn't get much attention though. Even I only fell in love with it earlier this year, but yeah, greatness for sure.

I haven't listened to any new music in a while, what the hell is out there in 2003? The only album I remember buying is...well, I really don't.

Fantastic Damage is a sonically dense, complex hip hop record. El-P is no slouch when it comes to lyrics, but his production work is the real show here. So many things are happening in this album, and, even after repeated listens, I still find suprises in it.

I don't like Trail of Dead, outside of a couple of songs. All sound and fury and so forth.

I think I remember EL-P now. I don't know if you visit Pitchfork at all, but I'm pretty sure he gave an interview there. I haven't had a hip hop record top my list (if I were to make one every year), since Mos Def released Blacker On Both Sides like four years ago. You familiar with that one?

All sound and fury? That's why I like it

I think I remember EL-P now. I don't know if you visit Pitchfork at all, but I'm pretty sure he gave an interview there. I haven't had a hip hop record top my list (if I were to make one every year), since Mos Def released Blacker On Both Sides like four years ago. You familiar with that one?

All sound and fury? That's why I like it

Yeah, I know Pitchfork (and Mos Def). And "all sound and fury and so forth" was me avoiding the oft-used phrase "all sound and fury signifying nothing."

Guest TheGame2705
I try not to. The thought of people looking at cocks on their computer screen bothers me.

Would it bother you if people look at your cock on their computer screen?

Guest The Old Me
I try not to.  The thought of people looking at cocks on their computer screen bothers me.

Would it bother you if people look at your cock on their computer screen?

I'm thinking the answer would be yes.

Guest The Old Me
Now Dames will never be happy.

I don't know why, but this made my fucking day and continues to make me laugh whenever I think about it.

It is because you take pleasure in the sadness of others and their pain.

Guest The Old Me
You're right, I think Johnson does too.

Hey now, don't put me in the same boat as that clown.

All the good albums that came out last year didn't find their way into my collection until about halfway through this year. Does Alice by Tom Waits count?

If not, I'm hugely torn between Demons Dance Alone by The Residents and Lil' Beehoven by SPARKS~! Because both manage to be pop albums, but unlike anything either artist (or anyone else) has come out with before, adding so much to music whilst having broad appeal.

As for this year, AWK is kicking some ass thus far. British Sea Power and The Locust have impressed.

I don't think I've purchased more than a few 2003 albums. My current financial status has me out of the loop altogether, as far as music for now people is concerned.

Guest Dynamite Kido

El-P is the shit!!!!!