TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

0wning your friends

Guest TheGame2705

I'm sure people have heard the solo songs by the both of them and Big Boi smokes Dre. If it wasn't obvious before, he 0wned his friend this time around.

You're nuts. I love "The Way You Move," but "Hey Ya" is the best song of 2003. I can't wait for the album, especially since Dre's disc is supposed to be very much unlike anything he's done before.

Guest El Satanico

I haven't heard Big Boi's song, but "Hey Ya" is great shit.

I'll likely like Dre's album better, since he'll probably be more innovative than Big Boi. He seems to be the more artistically driven of the two and would be more likely to try different musical styles.

"Hey Ya!" backs that up.

He's the kooky one, Dre is. Big Boi gets kooky but covers the gangsta parts too. I generally like Dre's delivery a little better, but Big Boi is nothing to scoff at. I'm really excited to see how they each hold up on their own.

Did I mention I can't frickin' wait until September 23rd? I check release dates every day in the fear that they'll push it back again. I am a sad panda.

The sales ads for the CD has already been printed for Walmart and K-Mart already, so here's hoping that they don't push the release date back now.

Oh god, Speakerboxxx and The Love Below are BOTH going to rule the school.

Guest Choken One

what's with bands these guys spliting for solo albums with the intent to get back...

Nsync, BSB, D.C and now Outkast

OutKast didn't really split, it is two solo albums on the same CD. So it is like a bunch of solo joints but it is still Outkast because it is the same CD of both of them.

I don't think either is better than the other. Both are GREAT on two differnent styles. Andre gets more love because of his kooky ways of dress and such, but lyrically within their own styles they are both equally great and two of the best.

And please, don't say Big Boi brings "GANGSTA" because that is a total misrepresentation of his work and the groups work as a whole. Big Boi doesn't wear blonde wigs and football pads with fuzzy pants...that doesn't make him the "Gangsta" of the group...that makes him the normal one.

so far, the songs i've heard from big boi (ghettomusick, the way you move and church) have the edge over andre 3000's (she lives in my lap, hey ya). although i love the different influences both are taking on their releases. big boi songs so far have more of an 70's gap band/commodores/p-funk influence whereas andre 3000 songs resemble an 50/60's style r&b approach.

And please, don't say Big Boi brings "GANGSTA" because that is a total misrepresentation of his work and the groups work as a whole. Big Boi doesn't wear blonde wigs and football pads with fuzzy pants...that doesn't make him the "Gangsta" of the group...that makes him the normal one.

Yeah, I certainly don't mean to pigeonhole him because that's one of the things he does least often. Still, when they pull off the harder street-tales type stuff--like "Red Velvet" and "Gangsta Shit"--I tend to see him and his verses as the driving forces. I think it's partly because he does it as you say--he's not a typical gangster type rapper and brings a lot, LOT more to the table even when he's addressing pedestrian themes.

And I don't think I've ever heard him or Dre says bling-bling, god bless em.

Guest The Old Me

I dig them both since I'm an Outkast mark from way back when.

"All the playas came from far and wide....."

Guest TheArchiteck

I like some of Outkast's work, but these two singles for both of them aren't appealing to me at all.

Andre's song is horrible sounding.....

Guest Unwritten Religion
so far, the songs i've heard from big boi (ghettomusick, the way you move and church) have the edge over andre 3000's (she lives in my lap, hey ya). although i love the different influences both are taking on their releases. big boi songs so far have more of an 70's gap band/commodores/p-funk influence whereas andre 3000 songs resemble an 50/60's style r&b approach.

Huh?

"Ghettomuzik" is Andre's song. Dou you think Big Boi would do shit like that?

I don't give a BAHDYAMN what anyone thinks, "Hay Ya" is the best song of 2003.