TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SJL Metal Card - 03.09.17!

SJL Metal - September 17th!

Due Date: Special Wednesday due date! Pete will have us back on the proper schedule for Wrath. All matches should be in by 8pm EST.

Venue: Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan!

Send To: KIBAGAMI (This is a change!)

OPENING PROMO:

Though he himself has said it... and it's clearly to his credit... he is an Englishmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. On Crimson, English Dragon finally climbed to the top of the heap, beating Spike Jenkins for the SJL world title. He will not doubt have a lot to say about his victory, Jenkins himself, fellow Englishman and possible next contender, Aecas, and most importantly--the fact he must now forfeit the European title.

CURTAIN JERKER

Craig McLennan vs Daemon

I'm not sure if Craig wrote for the last match, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He goes up against Daemon here, who lost his debut match against Brian Bowers.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 3000

Send To: Tod deKindes

TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

Brian Bowers vs Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix©

Landon Maddix's grip on the SJL Television title is downright SCARY. He's making a dedicated march at TNT's all-time longest reign, no matter what we throw at him. This time, he faces off against impressive newish guy Brian Bowers.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 4000

Send To: realitycheck

EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

BATTLE ROYALE

Jimmy "The Demon" Liston vs Jay Morrison vs Todd Royal vs Brian Kingsman

Speaking of titles hard to pry from people's grip, the European title is finally up for contention--but only after Dragon has been forced to vacate it. However, this opens a window of oppertunity for four men, looking to make the jump in their careers.

Rules: Battle Royale. Which is to say, you're eliminated from the match when you're tossed over the TOP ROPE, and BOTH FEET touch the ground. And only in that case.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To Longdogger_Pete

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

HIDE AND SEEK MATCH

Aecas vs "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs "Insane Luchador" Andrew Rickmen

Former world champion vs large, scary crazy man vs small, scary crazy vetran. In the JL, we don't believe in any of that "automantic rematch" stuff, so any additional shots at the world title must be earned. Even with his short title reign, Spike Jenkins is still looking to prove himself, and Aecas and the returning IL are looking for the title that has eluded them for so long. And their chance etch their names into history, once and for all, is hidden somewhere in the Joe Louis Arena!

Rules: Somewhere in the arena is Ben Hardy, with the a contract to face English Dragon for the world title on Wrath. The first man to find him and sign the contract is the winner. There are NO rules otherwise. Of course, Ben may not have a pen on him, and since it IS Hardy, and this contract is open to whoever signs it, he may be forced to"lose" it...

Word Limit: 5500

Send To: TheBostonStrangler

Edited by realitycheck

Guest Goose749

lot of people in line for the european title. This ought to be fun.

Wednesday due date? Weird.

Edited by Goose749

Landon Maddix's grip on the SJL Television title is downright SCARY. He's making a dedicated march at TNT's all-time longest reign, no matter what we throw at him.

Well...thanks. And how long do I have left to get to TNT's record now? I make it 9 days...but I'm not certain.

Oh, and I'll try and get another show promo to you this week.

Sigh.

I booked Metal for Wednesday because Thoth didn't want to have a show on September 11th. Plus I posted Crimson a day late. This screwed up the schedule, so I had to give this show an extra day--if I didn't, everyone has three days to write. And I know that would result in a crappy show.

-Z

Well, I understand the reasoning, Zed, but that doesn't make me any more available on Wednesday night. I'll be signing on tomorrow at 10 to mark, because I have a WF match to mark as well and that's the deadline. But I simply can't be up any later if I'm going to function for work.

Alright. Since Pete can't make this show, I've decided to hand the book over to Kibagami for this Wrath, who is the current "longest serving marker who hasn't made a card" yet. Be worried, JL'ers.

So let me put that in bold, SEND EVERYTHING TO KIBAGAMI, HE WILL BE POSTING THE SHOW AND MAKING THE CARD.

PS: Sorry, Tod. You'll get another chance to book, I swear. ;)

-Z

Guest Fire and Knives

So it's two hours past the deadline and I've got no matches.

I'll book you all to death, I swear to Jeebus.

K.

Sign in to follow this