TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Zwan is finished

Corgan pulls plug on band...

Billy Corgan told WGN News in Chicago today that his latest band, Zwan, has broken up.

"A couple of people asked me, 'Why didn't you tell anybody?' I'm sort of out of the period of my life when I run around trying to generate news," he said.

This follows news that Zwan had dropped all touring plans for this year.

"I really enjoyed my experience with Zwan, but at the end of the day, without that sense of deeper family loyalty, it just becomes like anything else," Corgan said.

"Our attitude in the Pumpkins was, it was a do or die proposition, and that got us through all the hard times we went through, particularly with the Pumpkins where we had two members with serious drug problems," he continued.

Zwan's only album, Mary, Star of the Sea, has sold roughly 260,000 copies since being released earlier this year.

Credit: Billboard

--------------------------------------------------

This sucks. I really enjoyed their album, and I was hoping they'd be around for a while. This was completely unexpected. :(

I HATED Zwan. HATED THEM. Billy Corgan is the luckiest man on Earth...lots of success without an ounce of talent. It's quite amazing.

You can say that with many other people as well *cough*Cobain*cough*.

Zwan was hyped for so long, and nothin payed off.

I loved Smashing Pumpkins, and I thought that Zwan was decent. My two problems with Zwan were

1....Musically, they weren't into it. Hell, they didn't even want to tour in support of the damn album. The band didn't seem to care at all.

2....Even if the band didn't care about Zwan's success, it wasn't that bad an album. Their record label really dropped the ball as far as promoting the album.

I HATED Zwan. HATED THEM. Billy Corgan is the luckiest man on Earth...lots of success without an ounce of talent. It's quite amazing.

You can say that with many other people as well *cough*Cobain*cough*.

Zwan was hyped for so long, and nothin payed off.

Is it really necessary to bring up Cobain in every post you make in the music folder? You seem to put in a lot of energy towards hating the man.

Yeap, Corgan definitely had no talent. That whole Siamese Dream album was completely worthless. Pure throwaway junk.

I was indifferent to Zwan.

I have no beef with the man.

I have beef who actually think the man has talent, and is considered a god.

Billy Corgan...nothin special, but I do like Smashin Pumpkins

Well, they had a good run. Now Billy Corgan can finally pursue his true calling and make a series of bizarre prog rock epics about aquatic life. Expect to see Stella, Blowfish of Carpathea in a Tower Records near you before the end of the fiscal year 2004.

Well, they had a good run. Now Billy Corgan can finally pursue his true calling and make a series of bizarre prog rock epics about aquatic life. Expect to see Stella, Blowfish of Carpathea in a Tower Records near you before the end of the fiscal year 2004.

You speak the truth. Pretty funny.

I remember watching Corgan on MTV or something.

"There were a lot of bands that had more fun than us, but they all sucked."

He than poured hot baby oil over his nipples while lying down topless on a velvet couch, writing groundbreaking poetry for his next album, Deux Es Machina.

True story.

Guest PlatypusFool

Zwan were horrible, the Pumpkins were good, but only really 'melancholy and the infinite sadness'.