TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The dreaded Mark Henry Topic

Guest Adrian 3:16

Kind of sad that 5 years after the Nation, Henry is still doing the exact same gimmick, only a shitty bootleg version of it. The first time he was hanging around Rock, Owen and D'lo, and had an actual character that was in love with Chyna. Now he hangs out with Rodney Mack, which is quite the step down, and has no character trait other than "big fat black guy."

Guest Trivia247

Come on guys the man can't even wrestle more than 5 minutes a match.......they did the proper thing in making him the closer of a tag team with Rodney Mack being the work horse (even that is scary) and Mark just wanders in to do his Front Powerslam dohicky.

they better not put them in a PPV match or even make them contenders...let them squash some jobber teams on Heat and raw fine.

oh, did anyone notice Mark is getting a receding Hairline?

Guest Plushy Al Logan
oh, did anyone notice Mark is getting a receding Hairline?

Now that I think of it, yes.

When the manager is far and away the best talent in the stable, it doesn't stand much of a chance. Besides, how long do you really think it will be before Henry gets injured again. He barely escaped blowing out his knee last week two weeks after his big return.

Guest OnlyMe

Mark Henry has NOTHING redeeming. There is NO REASON whatsoever (other than Vince fucking up and signing him to a huge contract) to have him on TV. He's got no charisma, does nothing interesting whatsoever in the ring, and already has a reputation as a useless piece of shit.

Why, Vince, why?

I don't really resent him, he's a weightlifting talent, he'll be fine doing that when his contract FINALLY runs out, and he was basically clawed into the business by Vince and so I say get your money while you can, big fella, and prove what an idiot McMahon is. Just, try to do it in a non-televised capacity.

Guest Trivia247

wonder if Mark Henry was a Towel boy back in Vince's WBF days for Lex Luger and he just grandfathered his way into the WWF because Vince feels sorry for him.

Guest The Old Me
Does anyone think he will get anywhere now that he's with Theodore Long now and backin' the Mack'??

No.

Guest Goodear

I do believe Mark would recieve my 'worst wrestler on the roster' award since he has basically not even a thimble full of talent. Give me a choice between this big sack of organs and Nathan Jones and I might just take Jones... Henry is just that aweful.

he's a weightlifting talent
Mark Henry did not metal in the Olympics, he was F'N damaged goods back then.

The only way Mark Henry would be worth a damn is if he jobbed to Bob Sapp or Mike Tyson in K-1 or MMA.

I do believe Mark would recieve my 'worst wrestler on the roster' award since he has basically not even a thimble full of talent. Give me a choice between this big sack of organs and Nathan Jones and I might just take Jones... Henry is just that aweful.

Harsh man, harsh.

So what would it take to get Henry over? Seriously.

I do believe Mark would recieve my 'worst wrestler on the roster' award since he has basically not even a thimble full of talent.  Give me a choice between this big sack of organs and Nathan Jones and I might just take Jones... Henry is just that aweful.

No, he's not that bad, but I'd rather keep Jones around for comedy purposes--Henry is just boring.

So what would it take to get Henry over? Seriously.

A comedy gimmick, perhaps with Goldust--maybe that might work.

Guest Goodear

Seriously they would have to put the guy in a suit and have him serve as the Big Bubba Rogers for a tag team with some talent. That way you can cover up his odd physique (dude has tiny ankles) and keep him out of the ring except for a run in here or there. He would need to develop something other than a powerslam though and I would recommend the Norton shoulderbreaker since its reasonably safe and not a powerbomb or chokeslam.

Using Rodney Mack in a tag team seems on paper to be a better fit for him since he's bland and needs something to play off of in order to get over. I would add a veteran like ... I don't know... a Perry Saturn who is stylistically similar to Rodney in order to serve as a technique mentor for the younger wrestler. Then have Long and Henry play the out of the ring games to build some heat and there you are.

As much as I like Mark Henry as a person, I must say he's one shitty wrestler. I knew he wouldn't amount to anything 7 years ago when he got injured and placed 11th in the Olympics. He has a huge ten year, multi-million dollar contract and Vince refuses to release him. I suspect he'll be around for three more years until his contract expires.

While we're on the subject of Mark Henry, here's something I've always wondered, but was afraid to ask because it's such a stupid question:

Is "Sexual Chocolate" a racist nickname?

I mean, I always assumed they called him that because he was black, but then I thought it might mean the same thing as "Sexual Candy" or something (you know, he's delicious). Does anyone know?

On a similar note, I always thought the woman in WWF Attitude (n64) who shouts "write me a poem, Mark!" was actually saying "remind me of poo, Mark!" I guess I just have a fucked-up way of thinking.

Guest Goodear

'Sexual Chocolate' while referring to his race is still not racist considering the number of sports nicknames such as 'Chocolate Thunder' and 'White Chocolate' that have been around pretty much forever. If you want to talk about him being a big idiot in storylines and having D'Lo be his chauffer during that period... thats something else.

'Sexual Chocolate' while referring to his race is still not racist considering the number of sports nicknames such as 'Chocolate Thunder' and 'White Chocolate' that have been around pretty much forever. If you want to talk about him being a big idiot in storylines and having D'Lo be his chauffer during that period... thats something else.

I never thought that it was racist by having D'Lo chauffering Mark Henry. They were shown as being tag team partners/friends, so it made senese that Mark made him drive they around. And it was funny, too.

Since everyone likes to completely ignore the past, let me take a trip back down memory lane...

*pulls up a chair*

Mark Henry GOT over. And he did so on his own charisma and his angle with Chyna. It was Mark pulling off stupid things but still seemed lovable in the peoples eyes. He GOT over. Now it is my honest belief that Vince wanted Mark Henry to quit since he signed him to that huge contract.

So, Mark Henry is over in his angle with Chyna. So what do they do next? Have Mark feel up a man in drag in frount of his mother. But he didn't quit. Then they put him in a romance with a 80 year old woman that required him to tounge her down on live TV. He didn't quit. Then they did the angle where he went to the shrink because he was addicted to sex and admitted to sleeping with his sister. He still didn't quit.

So they send him to OVW(or the other developmental league..I can't remember) to lose weight and become a better wrestler. This is where most of you jump off the story, but those who saw him there no that A: Mark lost the weight and B: Became a good wrestler. Fuck Brock, you haven't lived until you seen Mark Henry do a SSP with the dreds flying. He was trim, athletic and a better wrestler to go along with the natural charisma that he displayed.

But they didn't bring him back up.. They had sent Henry, The Blue Meanie and Big Show down to lose weight...Big Show was the only one NOT to lose any weight and he was brought back up while Blue Boy and Henry had both done what they were suppose to yet were ignored. So Henry, still in shape and still improving as a wrestler, was in the developmental for a while when up came the worlds strongest man competition. He asked for permission to get in the contest and the WWE said sure, what the fuck do we care.

So he GAINS THE WEIGHT BACK to get enough mass to compete in this event, and suprisingly won. Now he has a little press and the WWE brings him back on screen to bend pots and pans and hold back limos with his legs.

Call him crap all you want, but you can't deny the mans charisma that got him over once, or his willingness to become a better wrestler and his sucess in doing so. The WWE refused to use him in his best wrestling shape, but they always want someone to throw guys around. His size, and lack of usefulness now is can totally be attributed to the WWE management not really wanting a smaller, faster, more athletic Mark. They just really wanted him to quit.

Guest Polish_Rifle

Henry was on Byte This last week and he came off like a guy with a chip on his shoulder for being mistreated in the past. He says he is in for himself now and will no longer try to please everyone in the back because that can never be achieved. He says he will instruct younger guys coming up in the business to be out for themselves and refuse to smile and carry other people's bags. Josh and Dr. Tom seemed pretty quiet throughout the phone interview and it seemed like it was cut short.

Just thought I'd share.