TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

Champion Vs. Champion

Just wondering when a champion has faced another champion on a TV show or PPV. Thanks in advance. From what I can remember at the moment...

WWF/E

Warrior / Hogan - WM VI

Michaels / Hart - SSeries 1992

Diesel / Hart - KOTR 1994

Angle / Jericho - Rebellion 2001

Kane / HHH - 2002

WCW

Goldberg / Hogan - Nitro 98

ECW

Has there ever been a time?

Guest ravman77

Dont remember exactly when, but I remember Bret dishing out a serious whipping on Raw to Golddust, not long after Goldy won his first IC belt.

The Hogan / HTM match was in July of 89, so Honky was no longer champion.

I don't know about JUST TV or PPV but here's a rundown as to what champions faced what champions...

WWF

World vs. IC

Backlund vs. Patterson

Backlund vs. Muraco

Savage vs. Warrior

Hogan vs. Warrior

Warrior vs. Perfect

Bret vs. HBK

Yoko vs. Razor (not sure if both were title holders at the time but I think so ... it's on Razor's CHV)

Bret vs. Diesel

Diesel vs. Jarrett

Bret vs. Goldust

HBK vs. Goldust

Sid vs. Triple H

Austin vs. Rock

Austin vs. Shamrock (not sure if Austin was champion at the time ... Raw)

Angle vs. Jericho

Triple H vs. Kane

Hardcore vs. World

RVD vs. Austin

RVD vs. Angle

RVD vs. Rock

...And RVD won them all, though they were either non-title or only for the Hardcore belt

US vs. World

Angle vs. Jericho

WCW / NWA

US vs. World

Nikita Koloff vs. Flair

Magnum TA vs. Flair

Lex Luger vs. Flair

Bill Goldberg vs. Hogan

Ric Flair vs. Hogan (when Flair was US champ; Clash of the Champions)

TV vs. World

Bobby Eaton vs. Flair

Guest Sykotic2002

In March 1999 while Rey Mysterio Jr. was Cruiserweight Champion he faced Ric Flair for the World Title on Nitro from Panama City, FL. Also while DDP was U.S. Champion, he faced Sting for the World title in Nitro in April 1998. Just remembered to, In September 1999 T.V. Champion Chris Beniot lost to World Champion Sting on Nitro. That's the only other ones I can remember right now.

Guest Sykotic2002

PEOPLE! PEOPLE! How could we forget this certain World Champion v. Midcard Champion that happened on PPV. I mean footage has been shown on it so many times and it's always talked about. I just remembered it right now:

SURVIVOR SERIES 1997: WWF Champion Bret Hart v. European Champion Shawn Michaels.

Guest Sykotic2002

Are we counting NWATNA also? If we are then on September 18, 2002 NWA Champion Ron Killings beat X-Division Champion Jerry Lynn. They fought again the next week, but for Lynn's title that time.

ECW

ECW Champion Sandman v. TV Champion Rhino from the last PPV Guilty as Charged 2001.

Guest The Real Nosferatu
PEOPLE! PEOPLE! How could we forget this certain World Champion v. Midcard Champion that happened on PPV. I mean footage has been shown on it so many times and it's always talked about. I just remembered it right now:

SURVIVOR SERIES 1997: WWF Champion Bret Hart v. European Champion Shawn Michaels.

Holy Crap I forgot HBK was European champion. Maybe its because his reign was a joke.

You are awarded one free banning for reminding us. Just kidding.

HTM v. Hogan

When did this take place?

They were scheduled for a title vs. title series (one at MSG, which would have aired on the MSG network), but Hogan lost the title to Andre a week before their first meeting.

Didn't Honky and Hogan face off at house shows with Honky getting DQed??

I don't believe I've come across any bouts between the two save the SNME and an occasional tag match.

When ECW closed, Rhyno had both belts. He had the TV belt, which I believe he won from Super Crazy and then got the World Title, which so many guys had it toward the end, it wasn't Credible, I'm thinking not even Lynn, I think he got it from Sandman. He got a shot after threatening his wife or something, won it and then the company closed.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Sid challenged Jeff Jarrett for the U.S. title when he was still World Champ in Feb 00

U.S. Champ DDP challenged Sting for the World Title in 98.

Guest Salacious Crumb

NWA-TNA also saw Jerry Lynn and Ron Killings defend their belts against each other in their brief feud.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

World Champ Booker T and US Champ Lance Storm had two awesome Nitro matches back in the Russo days.

When ECW closed, Rhyno had both belts. He had the TV belt, which I believe he won from Super Crazy and then got the World Title, which so many guys had it toward the end, it wasn't Credible, I'm thinking not even Lynn, I think he got it from Sandman. He got a shot after threatening his wife or something, won it and then the company closed.

Yep. From Sandman.

OK.

not sure if this fits the world vs midcard champ category but...

world and ic vs tag team champs

diesel and hbk vs yokozuna and owen hart in that match where whoever scored the pin won the title of the person they pinned. i think it was called a triple crown match

not sure if this fits the world vs midcard champ category but...

world and ic vs tag team champs

diesel and hbk vs yokozuna and owen hart in that match where whoever scored the pin won the title of the person they pinned. i think it was called a triple crown match

I think that's the match that British Bulldog subbed since Owen's baby was being born (possibly storyline?) and Owen showed up midmatch, got pinned, and the next night the Kliq had to relinquish the tag belts?

I can't remember :(