TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Warrior speaks at UMSL

I decided to post this here, since it was very little wrestling talk, and more talk on Conservative issues. Mods feel free to move this if you deem it necessary.

Warrior spoke today at the University of St. Louis- Missouri (UMSL) in front of a rather small audience of students and Warrior fans. Personally, I blame the low attendance on lack of advertising- I only saw one flyer, by chance, as I was leaving my night class a couple of days ago. Anyways, here's a brief synopsis of what he said. Sorry if it seems muddled, but I'm really sick right now and my attention wandered quite a bit at the end.

-He started of with a highlight vidoe of his WWF carrer (sadly, no HHH squash fotage). He told us that he usually doesn't show the tape, bt he decided to today.He went on to talk about why he left wrestling (didn't like the direction- to much swearing a crotch-grabbing) and only briefly touched on his WCW run. He also talked about seeing the Make-A-Wish children and how they affected him.

-He beleives in destiny. He talked about how he was into bodybuilding while studying to be a chiropractor, and how that led to professional wrestling, and how that was all a part of his destiny.

-Warrior then went on top talk about conservativee issues- how we need more role models in America today, and how we should hold the founding fathers of the country as role models.

-Stated that True happiness is in the pursuit of a goal, not in obtaining the goal.

-Spends some time on morality- has some students define it, then spends some time talking about it.

-Talks a bit about sex and relationships, says theat we (the audience) are to youg to have relationships, and that we should wait untill we are thirty.

Warrior then went into a written statement, talking about conservative issues, bashing liberals, and how we gauge out lives by the worst decisions we make.

All in all, he was a very good speaker, and I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been sick. But I did manage to snag an autograph and compiment him on his match w/ Savage @ Wrestlemania 7.

Some otehr high points:

- While he said he hated that wrestlers were using cuss words like hell and damn, later on he said that we should "find somebody who has similar values and fuckin' breed like rabbits." so we could spread morality and values to the new generation.

A guy next to me actually asked Warrior "Is wrestling really fake?" Warrior responded that the physicality is real, everything else is fake.

- I got a personalized autograph.

- He also seems to harbor some resentment towards Vince, calling him a "Lughead." Seriously.

- He also rallied against Clinton, saying he had no morals due to what he did. He also seemed to like how Bush was handling things.

there was alot of other things said, but I'm honestly to sick to remember them. All in all he was a good speaker, albeit very conservative and HUGELY anit-liberal. He also seemed a lot smaller than I remember- I'm only 5'11", and I was only an inch or two shorter. But he still has some bulk to him. If he comes to your town, I recomend you check him out.

:cheers:

Edit: Oops, Rico was right. 8 was Savage-Flair. Must be this damn cold, warping my mind.

Edited by Lil Naitch

But I did manage to snag an autograph and compiment him on his match w/ Savage @ Wrestlemania 8

That was at 7.

I wouldn't mind going to one. His ability to use such big words and talk for a full hour continues to amaze me. I wonder if he's ever going to run for a political seat.

Vote for him, Warriors!

Warror? Same guy who gave promos like WM6 Warrior? Same guy who who wrote the comic Warror? The same Warrior who put Santa in Bondage naked?

GOOD SPEAKER?!?! Your sickness is messing with your brain then.

Warror? Same guy who gave promos like WM6 Warrior? Same guy who who wrote the comic Warror? The same Warrior who put Santa in Bondage naked?

GOOD SPEAKER?!?! Your sickness is messing with your brain then.

It was suprising, seeing as how he put a couple clips of some of his promo's in the highlight video. I guess old age melowed him out.

Guest Cerebus

I met him last year at the Conservative Political Action Conference in DC. The guy was a complete idiot...he really didn't know what he was talking about. Also, he refused to be addressed as "Mr. Hellwig" but as "The Ultimate Warrior."

Moron.

*sigh*

"I want to be taken seriously...listen to my views"

Okay, um Mr. Hellwig....

"MY NAME IS WARRIOR...WAR..RI...OR...now take me seriously."

Actually, if he were to run, being called the Ultimate Warrior would be a catchy political slogan.

I'll be YOUR Ultimate Warrior, taking on Liberal Devils in Congress.

Of course, he'd have to run in a place where the people there think the South is still fighting the War...

Could you imagine Gov. / Senator / Congressman Warrior as being your state representive?

Could you imagine Gov. / Senator / Congressman Warrior as being your state representive?

Almost as preposterous as Arnold Schwarzenagor for Governer. Wait.....

Seriously though, I can see him running in a few years. He did know how to entertain a crowd. If he can get down audience participation, he could have something.