TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Stanley

New WWE DVD

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Sammartino on WWE DVD?

Oh and the Sammartino/Zybszko cage match is worth it for the INSANE Shea Stadium heat it gets.

is this dvd called wwe best of the cage match or something or is it called "bloodbath" cause i saw an ad for a new wwe dvd called "bloodbath" on dvduniverse.com

1st post!!

Bloodbath: Wrestling's Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches Double DVD

Guest Askewniverse

Other WWF cage matches not listed yet:

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (CHV: Bret "Hit Man" Hart)

Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna (CHV: Inside the WWF)

Lex Luger vs. Tatanka (Sunday Night Slam, March 1995)

Edge vs. Christian (Rebellion 2001)

Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty (1993)

This is the house show title switch right?

Nope. The house show title change was a regular match.

Jimmy Snuka vs. Don Muraco (1983) - The Splash!

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (1994) - The Greatest?

Bret Hart v. Sid (RAW 03/17/97) - The Controversy!

Rock v. Mankind v. Ken Shamrock (Breakdown 1998) - The Double People's Elbow

Steve Austin v. The Rock (RAW 04/02/01) - The one where Rocky sells the Stunner absoloutely perfectly!

Hello to my first ever WWE DVD!

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I think it was after HBK Regained the title. (One on Coliseum Video I think)

EDIT: I got beat to the comment by 16 minutes. DAMN I should read the last 5 posts.

I think it was also when Nash made his debut as Diesel.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I think it was also when Nash made his debut as Diesel.

I'm 99% sure Diesel debuted when HBK won the title back. This match HBK retained it.

Damn, No Steiners Vs. Money Inc.? anyone remember that match? I haven't seen it in a while but I remember it being very good.

Anyway, HBK Vs. MJ alone is worth the price. Congrats to the WWE for another DVD that doesn't suck.

Damn, No Steiners Vs. Money Inc.? anyone remember that match? I haven't seen it in a while but I remember it being very good.

The other six matches haven't been announced yet.

There's a good chance it could be on there.

On the subject of cage matches...I'm wondering...should the escape rule for the cage be still in effect.

IMO...it always made me thing the cage match was bad. The cage should just to keep people in and out for the match...and otherwise have the same rules as a normal match...pin or submission.

Maybe that's just me though.

On the subject of cage matches...I'm wondering...should the escape rule for the cage be still in effect.

IMO...it always made me thing the cage match was bad.  The cage should just to keep people in and out for the match...and otherwise have the same rules as a normal match...pin or submission.

That is why Hell in a Cell was designed.

Since 1997, feuds that deserve that "no escape" build-up are given the HIAC gimmick. The original cage matches have no distinct purpose since the inception of HIAC, so they're used as "big matches" for television (Angle/Benoit, Angle/HHH, Edge/Angle, Edge/Y2J).

Also, Rockers vs. Rose/Somers should definitely be on there somewhere.

Yeah, but that match was a regular tag team match. No cage.

I'm personally hoping that two Wargames (1987, 1992) matches get included, and maybe the Tower of Doom match from GAB 1988. Okay, maybe that last one won't be as popular with the rest of you, but hey...

Another childhood favorite is Bruno Sammartino and Tito Santana versus Randy Savage and Adrian Adonis in the cage. I loved that match as a kid.

-Ben

Also, Rockers vs. Rose/Somers should definitely be on there somewhere.

Yeah, but that match was a regular tag team match. No cage.

They did have a cage match in December 1986. It wasn't nearly as good as the bloodbath match, but it was still pretty damn good.

IMO...it always made me thing the cage match was bad. The cage should just to keep people in and out for the match...and otherwise have the same rules as a normal match...pin or submission.

it depends on who's wrestling in the cage. bret and owen used the escape rule PERFECTLY, and i don't think it would've been half as good otherwise.

Could someone give me a refresher on Edge/Angle. I don't remember that match at all.

From Scott Keith's rant:

- Cage match: Edge v. Kurt Angle. We’re back to pin or escape rules again. Jesus, make up your damn minds already. Kurt grabs a headlock to start, but Edge takes him down and they do their thing on the mat. Edge slams out of it and Angle wants a timeout. Angle slugs away and gets an elbow, but they slug it out and Edge gets a leg lariat, and introduces Angle to the cage. Spear misses and he too kisses the steel. Angle lays the smackdown in the corner and chokes away. Suplex gets two. Angle goes to a facelock, but Edge gives him a belly-to-belly suplex and climbs. Angle tries to stop him, but Edge follows him down with a flying clothesline for two. Angle suplexes him with the rolling germans to stop that bit of sassback, and gets two. Angle wants out the door, but it’s locked. So he gives Edge some cold cage salad with blue cheese cage dressing on the side and cage croutons on top. Edge blades and Angle works on the cut. It’s a wussy bladejob until the ref helps it out a little and the good stuff starts flowing. Angle pounds him down again, but Edge slingshots him into the cage and gets the Edge-o-Matic for two. The blood starts to turn Edge’s blond hair red, which is the main factor in a truly MANLY bladejob. Edge bulldogs Angle for two. Ref bumped, and Angle suplexes him, loosening the wig. Buckwheat Angle climbs, but Edge follows him up and gets a backdrop superplex, which Angle manages to counter in mid-air, and both guys are down. Edge climbs again, but Angle goes low and gives him the Angle Slam off the top. Ref is still out. Hope he has medical coverage in case he ends up a vegetable due to being unconscious this long. Angle climbs out with ease, but of course it’s not official unless the ref is awake to see it. Hulk Hogan sends him into the cage, however, and back into the ring. Commercial, and we return with an Angle Slam for two. Edge gets his own for two. Anglelock, but Edge counters him into the cage and gets his own. Angle counters, but Edge tries to climb, only to get stomped down by Angle. Angle goes for the door, but Edge won’t let him. Angle climbs, but Edge follows and Angle crotches himself on the cage door. Back into the cage, Angle ends up on the mat, and Edge follows him down with a spear from the top for the pin at 14:34. More good stuff, but did we need the goofy non-finish and Hogan interference? ****

I looooove the finish of that match.

Mankind hits Shamrock with the chair, and goes to climb out. Rock decides to just cover Shamrock for the pin. Great fucking booking there.

I looooove the finish of that match.

Mankind hits Shamrock with the chair, and goes to climb out. Rock decides to just cover Shamrock for the pin. Great fucking booking there.

And one of the last times Mankind pulls his own hair out.

I have been waiting years for the WWE to release something like this. This very well could be there best Non-PPV DVD yet. One is left wondering if they'll release best of the ladder match anytime soon.