TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

Ok so we have 3 new WWE games...

Ok so...let's assume that some person has all 3 systems...like I do....now if that person could choose one...and only one of the new wrestling games what do you think they should choose?

I mean we have these 3 new wrestling games and they're all coming out at around the same time...(except for HCTP)....but I really don't know which one is best.

I mean I here conflicting reports about all of them.

So I want to see what everyone thinks of them and what the best one would be. I mean I know we have the one and only games but that doesn't give much comparison.

Well, the only WWE game out of the 3 being released that I have is Wrestlemania XIX.

So far, this game has been great. I love the CAW, since now it is WAY deeper than WMX8's shitty CAW. I have been having fun creating my CAW, with the paint tool, with the entrance creator, etc.

This game will be insanely fun in multiplayer mode, especially in HIAC, Table matches, and once you get unlocking Revenge stages in multiplayer mode.

Playing this game by yourself will be hard, since Revenge mode is kind of repetitive and INSANELY HARD in some parts.

So far, I give this game a 8.5.

Is it like WMX8 where the AI is extremely cheap and in season mode you fight 10 matches with no rhyme or reason and the matches are meaningless and constant 3 and 4 ways?

I've rented XIX and Raw 2.

XIX had some great matches to watch, but the overall presentation just wasn't that greate. I saw guys no-selling finishers for god sakes.

Raw 2 continues it's standard of AMAZING depth of CAW and mediocore gameplay. Maybe when I get used to the controls it will improve, but at least the presentations have gone up as there's not just one goddamn set anymore.

SD seems to have all the fixins. I watched IGN's video of an Elimination Chamber match and it actually looks fun.

Guest hhheld_down

does XIX have the controls of DJV? i dont want to bother reading all the reviews.. i just look at scores.. im lazy, screw me

Raw's CAW is neat..but half the time you can't see your own pyro. The camera angles are just bad..and you don't have the complete control over them you do in XIX. That's not even touching on the missing parts, or lack of tattoos..etc.

XIX's problem is that the wrestlers themselves look goofy (especially the faces)..but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

And why is it SD and WM get real versions of moves (Falcon Arrow, Brainbuster, Fisherman's Buster, etc) and Raw gets the neutered, WWE-approved "safe" versions?

So far, this game has been great. I love the CAW, since now it is WAY deeper than WMX8's shitty CAW. I have been having fun creating my CAW, with the paint tool, with the entrance creator, etc.

One thing I've ALWAYS wanted in a wrestling game was an entrance creator, so that aspect alone makes this game a must have for me. A shame I don't have a Game Cube...but maybe Smackdown will have one as well...I hope.

Guest KJ Brackish

Dude, go HCTP all the way. I've played WM XIX and will own Raw 2 in one week, yet I've played it at my work(Game Crazy) and I've got to rate the following by category:

Graphics: SD: HCTP - Raw 2 = Claymation - WM XIX = Totally Fucked Up.

Gameplay: SD: HCTP - Raw 2 = Button's Suck - WM XIX = Raw 2 buttons, only better

Entrances: Raw 2(only for CAW and stuff) - SD: HCTP = Good, but can't burn CD's to the game - WM XIX - Okay, but ties in with their crappy graphics.

Weapons: Raw 2(only for the 20 ft ladder) - SD: HCTP = Good weapons, don't know bout the ladderz, WM XIX - Sucky!

Thats all I have time to rate for now. Go with HCTP when it comes out. I'm only getting Raw 2 so that I can bide time till HCTP comes out! I'm just surprised that PS2's graphics both beat Xbox and GameCube.

DFA

Let's put it into perspective.

Raw:

Positives - Most in-depth CAW there is. Very allowing of "do anything" season. Graphics are highly great for the system. Allowing own soundtrack replaces the WWE medicore one.

Lows - "Do anything" season poorly excuted. Low replay value (as CAW points are only earned OUTSIDE season). Gameplay is highly clipped and sluggish paced. Bugs and idiocies from the first game STILL there. CAW move sets are WWE "pure".

WMXIX:

Positives - Gameplay revamped and actually plays better than 18. Revenge mode that at least would make Vince McMahon proud as it IS a Sports-Entertainment storyline (although really, really fucked up). Matches against AI actually are good, and matches can range from **-***1/2 against AI (on rare occassion a gem).

Lows - Glossy look isn't too great. Revenge mode BLOWS since you HAVE to play it for cash for Shopzone items, while it's difficulty is inane in the fact that security guards and the shit have a crap load of stamina and can take finishers when they should just be killed easily with a good special move (Rock Bottom anyone?).

HCTP:

Positives - Blood makes a return to Wrestling games. HTCP move set has been revamped slightly to allow more a "strong" and "weak" regular and groggy set. You can get out of submissions now. Working on bodyparts will actual take effect of how a wrestler responds to the pain (although, I say it's the shitty spotty selling). CAWs still have a host of wrestling moves that aren't WWE "pure". While not as graphically powerful, still has the best overall looking game graphics altogether.

Lows - Is still the same wrestling engine from SYM. The season mode really still sounds like it blows chucks. Although the Legends are in it, they are the worst bunch ever. Staple WWE wrestlers that are on the roster have been omited (Palumbo, Stamboli, Nunzio, etc.) when they SHOULD be there.

That's really it. It's NOT much of a difference between them really. All have +s and -s, and it's really going to be a choice of which demons you prefer with your wrestling.

And why is it SD and WM get real versions of moves (Falcon Arrow, Brainbuster, Fisherman's Buster, etc) and Raw gets the neutered, WWE-approved "safe" versions?

Take a look at the name of the title of the game.

Then take a look at the show the game is based on. Do I need to really say more?

No. I don't think so.

SmackDown: Nobody knows, but the angles are being written by the WWE Creative team themselves now instead of Yukes.

WM XIX: Perform a goal like destroy a car or knock a guy off a platform or make someone bleed. Actual wrestling is purely secondary. After doing enough tedious tasks you'll supposedly get to Mania or something. I never got that far so I don't know what happens. :(

Raw 2: The idea is to start at the first Raw of May and get to WrestleMania. Each month consists of one Raw, one SmackDown, and a PPV. You have a popularity rating and a stamina meter which seems to carry over somehow into match stamina. For instance, I ambushed Rey Mysterio as Shannon Moore and beat the living hell out of him, which did a little damage to my stamina but nearly wiped his out. I defeated him pretty easily in the ring.

Lows: Practically all the licensed music got removed from WM XIX and RAW 2, I'm pretty sure SD HCTP will suffer the same fate.

I have to say something about this no selling finishers thing.

I have played this game numerous times, I have beaten Revenge mode about 8 times and not once has someone poped up from a finisher.

Their the superstars get up faster than the security guards (who you can take out VERY quickly and they stay down) and the superstars just need to be worn down before hitting your finisher...the way it should be.

HCTP:

Positives - Blood makes a return to Wrestling games. HTCP move set has been revamped slightly to allow more a "strong" and "weak" regular and groggy set. You can get out of submissions now. Working on bodyparts will actual take effect of how a wrestler responds to the pain (although, I say it's the shitty spotty selling). CAWs still have a host of wrestling moves that aren't WWE "pure". While not as graphically powerful, still has the best overall looking game graphics altogether.

Lows - Is still the same wrestling engine from SYM. The season mode really still sounds like it blows chucks. Although the Legends are in it, they are the worst bunch ever. Staple WWE wrestlers that are on the roster have been omited (Palumbo, Stamboli, Nunzio, etc.) when they SHOULD be there.

You forgot two positives about HCTP:

CHARLIE HAAS and SHELTON FUCKIN' BENJAMIN.

Thank you.

Hmm...going to video store tonight...must choose WMXIX or RAW2.....CAN'T DECIDE!

I'd go with WM XIX because from what I hear they didn't improve the gameplay of RAW 2 at all from RAW 1.

It -is- improved, it's just got flaws.

From someone who's got all three consoles, I'd say to wait for HCTP. If you absolutely can't, rent WM or Raw first to see which you like. I wouldn't -buy- either without knowing.

SmackDown: Nobody knows, but the angles are being written by the WWE Creative team themselves now instead of Yukes.

So, Raw 2 wins by default. Damn.

Uh. No. Raw HAS no storylines. You just go out have your guys standing there flapping their jacks (but nothing is actually said) if you are talking someone down, call out an opponent (and hope you get the right person), etc., and you have to wait till the scene is finished to know if it worked.

You forgot two positives about HCTP:

CHARLIE HAAS and SHELTON FUCKIN' BENJAMIN.

Thank you.

Can you at least keep my name when you make a quote from me? I just about missed it.

And yes, that's a very good positive that I totally missed.

"Blood makes a return to Wrestling games"

It returned in WM XIX

Ok, I didn't know WMXIX had blood.

Thank you for the notice.

I have WrestleMania XIX and Raw 2. The blood on XIX looks pretty good. I'm having fun playing that game.

Raw 2 sucks ass. I don't how anyone would like that game. It don't have no kind of game play. The only good thing about Raw 2 is that you can put in your own music.

Edited by TPC1

Do you actually unlock anything for beating the revenge mode in WM19? Maybe I'm out of the loop but what about Ted Dibiase being a hidden character? Otherwise, I've decided to be just as cheap as the game and play the first level over and over to earn cash for the shopzone. It seems faster, as it will jump start my sim-fed.

Dude, I have 2 of the 3 games (WMXIX and RAW2) and im goive you my honest opinion:

Gameplay ----- WMXIX is better in this aspect because the AI is much more realistic and the selling is better. I also love the controls of XIX as it has STRONG and WEAK grapples. Don't get me wrong, RAW 2 has pretty good gameplay and controls too, and they fixed many of the past problems they had like the kickout problem where the person kicking out gets up first, but, the AI is a little dumb at times and will sometimes no sell a finisher or big impact move. Basically with gameplay WMXIX is more fun and realistic.

CAW --- Both CAW's imo are tremendous, with XIX allowing you to create logos and tweak EVERYTHING like eys, ears, nose, mouth, and other stuff......but, RAW 2 takes this one because of the EDIT A WRESTLER which i've been waiting for since No Mercy and the customized music......AWESOME STUFF!!!!

Presentation ----- WMXIX is pretty good but RAW is simply amazing.....WMXIX has only 5 arenas and Raw has ALL of them, about 15. The arenas in RAW are superb and the overall feel is more TV style. Also Raw has about 20-25 more wrestlers. Some entrances are better in Raw 2 (The Rock,HHH, Undertaker, John Cena), and some are better in WMXIX (Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio)

OVerall ---- Honestly, you can't go wrong with either game, like i said, I have both and i play them both just about equally the same...Good choice either way. I prefer WMXIX for fun factor though.

Guest hhheld_down

id go with WMXIX too man, controls are a lot better (i perfer the grappling system) even if the presentation isnt as good.

Do you actually unlock anything for beating the revenge mode in WM19? Maybe I'm out of the loop but what about Ted Dibiase being a hidden character? Otherwise, I've decided to be just as cheap as the game and play the first level over and over to earn cash for the shopzone. It seems faster, as it will jump start my sim-fed.

You get to unlock the secret characters on the last stage of each revenge board. They are all Japanese and non WWE employees with different names and you unlock their moveset Template in the CAW.

So basically if you get Aiko (what ever her name is) you can just apply her moveset to your CAW of Ultimo dragon(she has his moveset) instead of having to do it all.

You get to unlock the secret characters on the last stage of each revenge board. They are all Japanese and non WWE employees with different names and you unlock their moveset Template in the CAW.

So basically if you get Aiko (what ever her name is) you can just apply her moveset to your CAW of Ultimo dragon(she has his moveset) instead of having to do it all.

Kinda like the SD!2 unknowns--unfortunately, instead of wrestling them in career mode you have to play through the crappy Revenge mode. =/

Good idea, bad execution.