TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ripper

MOTYC THIS MONDAY ON RAW!!!

Guest NS Ahmed

I agree, they overhyped the IronMan match, and that adversely affected it. What I don't understand is why they couldn't have saved this for a PPV, for the tag team matches alone would have made this a great Smackdown. Had they done so, and cut back on the hype a bit, it might have been a bit better. It was already great, but it could have been better. That's a lot of potential wasted.

I agree completely. This extends to other mediums as well. The Matrix: Reloaded is much better than The Matrix, but because of the hype it received there was a huge backlash against it. Meanwhile, something like X2 is overrated because it is going up against the big, bad Matrix. People that didn't like either of them don't apply here, but there are a lot that fit into this.

My personal view is this. If something is great, a lot of hype makes it better (ex. Wrestlemania X-7). If something is terrible, a lot of hype makes it even worse (ex. Wrestlemania XV).

I agree, they overhyped the IronMan match, and that adversely affected it. What I don't understand is why they couldn't have saved this for a PPV, for the tag team matches alone would have made this a great Smackdown. Had they done so, and cut back on the hype a bit, it might have been a bit better. It was already great, but it could have been better. That's a lot of potential wasted.

WWE wanted a PPV-ish match on the SD the week of Unforgiven, because SD won't have a PPV until No Mercy next month.

Lesnar is young enough that I could see him having a *****, but I don't think Angle will ever have one. Obviously they won't with each other.

Yeah, what a fossil that Angle is.

Angle's style never changes, and he'll be told never to change it, thus, I don't reckon he'll ever be The Man. Lesnar's heel role gives him a chance to build his charisma, and I've always said the Hogan match was a great reflection of what he's capable of there. Plus he's already grasped the concept of selling, more than Angle has managed to date.