• David Arquette
    • Fake Diesel and Razor
    • The Gobbledy Gooker
    • The Invasion
    • Katie Vick
    • Robocop
    • The Shockmaster
    • Other

Personally, I would say David Arquette is miles beyond the others. Most of them were simply stupid, but none disgraced the industry more than this (except maybe the Invasion).

^^^

To get media attention. The only problem was it failed.

Most of the others on that list were to try and get mainstream attention, but wound up being a disgrace to hardcore fans. I narrowed it down to:

The Black Scorpion (but it had potential until they simply couldn't decide where to go, then it became stupid)

Invasion (possibly the most horribly booked angle ever, but the concept was good)

Shockmaster (anyone with the funniest intro of all time can't get my vote)

and (my vote) Gobbeldy gooker (who thought a turkey dancing with Mean Gene would go anywhere? luckily the fans weren't receptive and it was killed quickly)

Katie Vick hands down.

Although the Higher Power (my 2nd hated angle) should be that list.

The InVasion drew a MONSTER buyrate for the InVasion PPV so that rules it out.

Black Scorpion, believe it or not, drew pretty good.

Arquette was designed for mainstream attention, didn't work well but had a purpose.

Either Gobbledy Gooker or Katie Vick can come close.

But I vote Shockmaster.

Guest BAR

Katie Vick. Some of others were amusing, i.e. Shockmaster. Katie Vick was long after I stopped watching but just reading about it was silly.

Bah...at least they all served a purpose to put somebody over or at least try to further a feud. My vote goes to the horrible "Undertaker goes missing angle" which started at Rumble 94 and actually had people saying that they spotted Taker on beaches in random areas, etc.

Sara's car accident angle back in 2001. The single most pointless angle in the history of pro wrestling.

First, Undertaker leaves Raw because he finds out his wife Sara has been in an accident. He later finds out that it was all a hoax, and Sara was fine, so now he comes back to get revenge on the person who made the call. He thinks it's Austin, but he denies it, saying it was HHH (I think), and they basically spend the rest of the show passing the buck around, until Austin comes up at the end and says "It was me all along". Just a complete waist of 2 hours, and we ended up right back where we started.

I went with Katie Vick over the Black Scorpion.

I don't want to ever see stupid magic tricks on the #1 angle in the promotion, but corpse screwing doesn't belong in any promotion from top to bottom.

Jason

Guest ToddRoyal

David Arquette. Katie Vick was AWFULand Black Scorpion was bad, but no worse than Doink the Clown. Arquette was absolutely horrible. It took away all the aura of wrestlers as larger than life competitors when a horrible and weak looking actor could hold the World Title.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

The Black Scorpion angle got me interested in WCW again. (i jumped ship to WWF in spring of 1990) IT just seemed stupid that they didnt know who it would be.

Guest T®ITEC

Maybe Chucky has become a forgotten pain of wrestling fans. Or something. It took me a while to remember it, truthfully.

I went with Arquette only 'cause I found all that corpseloving to be pretty hilarious.

Guest Anglesault
Sara's car accident angle back in 2001. The single most pointless angle in the history of pro wrestling.

First, Undertaker leaves Raw because he finds out his wife Sara has been in an accident. He later finds out that it was all a hoax, and Sara was fine, so now he comes back to get revenge on the person who made the call. He thinks it's Austin, but he denies it, saying it was HHH (I think), and they basically spend the rest of the show passing the buck around, until Austin comes up at the end and says "It was me all along". Just a complete waist of 2 hours, and we ended up right back where we started.

That Angle did have the awesome Regal flip out on HHH that drew a big pop.

To be honest, I didn't care what was going on in WCW at the time, so I found David Arquette as world champion pretty funny. For a minute. I think Arquette winning the hardcore title or something might have been relatively amusing. Katie Vick was just, so bad you wonder why they still put them on TV. There have to be simpler and more effective ways to set up a feud between HHH and Kane. If you'd ever want to do that, for some crazy reason.

Guest Stunt Granny

I'll go with The Higher Power, didn't make a lick of sense. But at least we got the classic Stephanie McMahon kidnaping. "Were to, Stephanie?" I mark out for Evil Undertaker.

In many ways, the "WWE style" towers over anything on this list, but I decided to leave it off because it's not really an angle (and because everyone would call me an idiot).

Guest JMA

Robocop. At least Chucky didn't do anything (except laugh...). The final nail had already been put in the coffin of kayfabe. The Robocop angle cremated it. In terms of sheer stupidity, here is how I would rank the angles on the list.

Robocop

Chucky

The Black Scorpion

The Shockmaster

Katie Vick

The Gooker

Fake Diesel and Razor

Arquette

Invasion

Guest hhheld_down

katie vick hands down. That was the stupidest load of shit I ever sat through. It really messed up Kane's character and quite simply it was just painful to watch. I shudder just thinking about it now.

Invasion for me, by far. This was what chased me away from wrestling for a year and a half... which did thankfully allow me to miss the necro incident, although I also missed the Gayda incident, which I want to see out of curiousity.

Higher Power angle would have to be up there too. In terms of potential greatness compared to actual execution, the disappointment was immeasurable