Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

SJL Countdown To Genesis Card, 9-28

SJL COUNTDOWN TO GENESIS CARD

Date: Sunday, September 28, @ 6 PM EST

Venue: The same place Genesis is.

Send Promos & Marked Matches To: realitycheck

OPENING PROMO: Not called yet.

This is the pre-game show of the biggest event of the year, Genesis! All matches are due on Sunday, and there is a word limit of 8000 on all matches. Please take note of this, and away we go!

TV TITLE HARDCORE MATCH

Brian Bowers© vs. Jay Morrison

Description: On Wrath, Bowers defeated Morrison... by word limit DQ. So these two are going to get one more chance, and with an 8000 word limit, there shouldn’t be any problems. But since simple rematches are so boring, we’re going hardcore.

Rules: Hardcore match. DQ & Countout do not apply.

Send To: Kibagami

TAG MATCH

Jimmy “The Demon Liston” & Craig McLennan vs Dominic Korgath & Brian Kingsmen

Description: RANDOM TAG MATCH... but the winner of the fall gets a Euro shot, and his partner, a TV title shot.

Rules: Standard tag match. DQ & Countout apply.

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

EUROPEAN TITLE MATCH

LADDER/SUBMISSIONS

Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix vs Todd Royal©

Description: Maddix threw Royal’s punk card on Wrath, after saying he was too good for the TV title. Well kid, here’s your shot. Can you cash your verbal check? If you want to prove you’re the better wrestler, Commissioner Raynor has thrown in a twist. Either grab the belt from the rafters, or make your opponent submit.

Rules: Victory is achieved either by grabbing the belt from the rafters, or by submission.

Send To: realitycheck

WORLD TITLE CONTENDERSHIP

Manson vs “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins.

Description: These two are at the top of the SJL. But who will climb higher? A contract to the world title contendership is on the line.

Rules: Singles match, DQ and Countout apply.

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

MAIN EVENT

WORLD TITLE MATCH

English Dragon© vs Insane Luchadore vs Aecas

Description: IL came so close to finally relaizing his long, long dream of becoming SJL champion for the first time. English Dragon, who is joining the WF roster as of Genesis, puts his title on the line against the scrappy challenger, and the number one contender, Aecas. Will Dragon leave the SJL with his head high, the title around his waist?

Rules: Standard triple threat match. First fall wins.

Send To: Thoth

Edited by HVilleThugg

Notes from the head booker guy:

1) This should probably just be called "Countdown to Genesis," as the show that follows this up will be on a Thursday like regular Crimson, since doing Metal on the 30th would just be stupid. So it's a PPV, sorta.

2) The results of this will be posted on the WF board, BEFORE Genesis itself goes up. So yeah, that means NO EXTENSIONS.

3) Consider it a reward for showing us the JL is still very much alive the last two or three shows--or an apology for us continually getting cards/shows up a day late. Either or. :)

4) It's the "pre-game" show to the biggest PPV of the SWF year! So go all out and have fun, yo.

-Z

And also, congratulations to English Dragon on his m4d bumpage skeelz. You've earned it!

Let me note that you do not need to write 8000 words to win. You can write a standard 4000 and still pull out the win. It's quality, not quantity and don't feel like you have to write 8000 as many matches on the SWF side of things won't be that long.

And to Manson and Spike: I'm tired of messing with you guys. One minute past 6 p.m. and your auto jobbed due to time limit dq.

Guest ToddRoyal

Congrats Dragon, do the SJL proud in the big leagues. Oh, and awesome show. Ladder AND Submissions? Holy crap. Hopefully this isn't too convoluted to send me spiralling into a loss again...

Here you go Z....thought I'd help out by renaming the topic!! I liked that better. I know I have nothing to do with the JL, but I have no power at home and thought I'd throw my mod weight around and rename Thoth's topic.

I'm sure death will ensue.

Da "I just like mine better" H

Guest Aecas

Damn, I've not worked a standard Triple Threat match in a fair while....should be interesting to see what we all come up with.

Guest Suicide King

Oh, SJLers? Keep in mind that the SWFers will be reading this show, and it looks fairly cool to say the least. Do us proud!

Edited by Suicide King

Guest Suicide King

Well, not all of us do. Actually, I make a habit of deliberately not reading the JL shows, because I don't want to ever feel the need to second-guess JLCC. They run the boat here.

As for me, to be honest, I barely have time to keep up with the SWF, let alone keep track of the SJL. I try to keep an eye on it, but time constraints being what they are...

Guest Insanityman

Hey, what announcers should I use? I'm using Ejiro, Judge, Annie... but it's not right. I tried to cover by refering to Ejiro all dressed up and shit, but I'm not "feeling it."

He can strip off his suit pretty quickly, I'd guess. I know that there would probably be enough time (5-10 minutes, maybe) between the two PPVs to give Ejiro enough time to get him back stage and out of his suit into his normal gear. Of course, maybe he's wearing it under his suit. Hopefully that helps you out.

Sign in to follow this