TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OTR

So I wrote an English Paper on MetallicA

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Bah I've never done anything like that. I gotta do one that involves the Dungeon of Doom.

::Marks out::

Cliff's Notes version:

EXO-SQUAD to WORLD WAR II

• EXO: After the first NeoSapien War, the NeoSapiens were treated as slaves and second-class citizens. Their people were in a depression, as well as the rest of the world.

WWII: After the first World War, the Germans were treated as the one and only cause of the war. They were in a depression, as well as the rest of the world.

• EXO: A single NeoSapien leader, Phaeton, rose up and took control of the NeoSapien race through peaceful, legal methods. He, however, had an alterior motive.

WWII: A single German leader, Adolf Hitler, rose up and took control of the National Sozialist party - and soon Germany itself - through peaceful, legal methods. He, however, had an alterior motive.

• EXO: Phaeton takes control of Earth, and then begins conquering the other Homeworld planets of Mars and Venus. Earth's leaders try to appease Phaeton to keep him away from THEIR nations.

WWII: Hitler takes control of Germany and much of Europe. European leaders try to appease Hitler to keep him away from THEIR nations.

• EXO: After almost all of the rights of Terrans (humans) were abolished, they were sent to work camps, where they worked (on little food) until extermination.

WWII: After almost all of the rights of the Jews were abolished, they were sent to concentration camps, where they worked (on little food) until extermination.

• The symbols of the NeoSapien and Nazi armies are very similar.
Go on?

:angry: DON'T KNOW EXO-SQUAD?! GAR~!

Sorry, one of my favorite shows as a kid. For a children's action cartoon, it was incredibly genius, and main characters were off'd on an almost regular basis. It was Universal Studios' first cartoon, I believe, and they spared no expense.

Okay, some of the Sonic references...

• Sonic The Hedgehog's main colors are red, white, and blue. The colors on America's flag are red, white, and blue.
  • Dr. Robotnik is turning the animals of the world (the "innocent, naive" youth of Germany) into evil robots (the corrupted Nazi soldiers).
  • Robotnik has an Eastern-European sounding name. Adolf Hitler was, himself, an Eastern-European.
  • Robotnik's prime physical signature is his wild mustache. Hitler's prime physical signature is his small mustache.
Yeah, I was grasping for straws, but I originally developed the "Sonic The Hedgehog = World War II" idea as a joke, and the teacher told me to take it to the next step.

As for Mario = Russian Revolution...

• Mario and Luigi are plumbers, which is a "commoner" job. Both (Mario/Luigi and the commoners) are fed up with the way they are being treated by the royal family in charge.
  • The Koopa Clan are royalty, and abuse their power, causing the citizens to plot revolution. The Romanov Family are royalty, and abuse their power regularly, causing the Russian commoners to plot revolution.
  • Mario and Luigi battle the Koopa Clan and walk away victorious, much like how the commoners defeated the Romanov family.
Yeah, again, grasping for straws. But I worded it so that both made tons of sense. But the Exo-Squad comparison was better (too bad not enough people remember Exo-Squad).

One of the best essay I have ever written was an experiance of leadership, for religion class.

Mind you the whole essay was about a game of NFL 2K3 with a buddy of mine the night before it was due.

94% on the paper.

Sorry, one of my favorite shows as a kid. For a children's action cartoon, it was incredibly genius, and main characters were off'd on an almost regular basis. It was Universal Studios' first cartoon, I believe, and they spared no expense.

• Sonic The Hedgehog's main colors are red, white, and blue. The colors on America's flag are red, white, and blue.
  • Dr. Robotnik is turning the animals of the world (the "innocent, naive" youth of Germany) into evil robots (the corrupted Nazi soldiers).
  • Robotnik has an Eastern-European sounding name. Adolf Hitler was, himself, an Eastern-European.
  • Robotnik's prime physical signature is his wild mustache. Hitler's prime physical signature is his small mustache.
Yeah, I was grasping for straws, but I originally developed the "Sonic The Hedgehog = World War II" idea as a joke, and the teacher told me to take it to the next step.

• Mario and Luigi are plumbers, which is a "commoner" job. Both (Mario/Luigi and the commoners) are fed up with the way they are being treated by the royal family in charge.
  • The Koopa Clan are royalty, and abuse their power, causing the citizens to plot revolution. The Romanov Family are royalty, and abuse their power regularly, causing the Russian commoners to plot revolution.
  • Mario and Luigi battle the Koopa Clan and walk away victorious, much like how the commoners defeated the Romanov family.
Yeah, again, grasping for straws. But I worded it so that both made tons of sense. But the Exo-Squad comparison was better (too bad not enough people remember Exo-Squad).

Whilst it wouldn't shock me if that were the case with sonic and 9 out of 10 children's adventures, I was fairly sure the game was developed in Japan, adding doubt.

Whilst it wouldn't shock me if that were the case with sonic and 9 out of 10 children's adventures, I was fairly sure the game was developed in Japan, adding doubt.

Actually Sonic was developed in the US, if I'm thinking correctly

It's tenuous, but then you did start it as a joke I guess. Like I said, it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone if the majority of stories/characters like that are based on politics in some capacity.