TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HVilleThugg

The 3rd Annual SWF Awards Nominations

::sigh::

Look everyone, I'm not trying to be mean....but it's not like I spent hours trying to come up with the best fitting award names. If you were left off, I'm very sorry...but I just don't have time to keep going back and naming awards after people. So...if you think you should be named after the award, then submit your request to Z....he knows his shit....and if he thinks your worthy, he'll make the change on the ballot. Since I didn't actually talk to Z about this, you better be nice cause he'll probably be mad that he has more work to do. :)

I'll add you at work TNT.

Da "delegation is awesome" H

PS - From now on...I am officially making Z the associate awards show guy...meaning that he can make all the decisions and answer all the questions that I can, with the only difference between us is that I'm counting the votes. Why? Because I know he wants to be a part of it, and he knows his shit when it comes to this stuff. And, I'll probably ask him to help me with writing the show...and this will probably be the last year I'll do the awards show, and he will probably pick it up. So, if you can't find me and you have a request for the show or anything like that, you can also ask Z. Just don't send him ballots...only send those to me. That would just be too confusing.

PPS - Yo Z...hope you can help out. Shouldn't be too much work. :)

Actually, since I suggested naming the awards in the first place, I was surprised you didn't ask everyone on CC to come up with names. And considering I've already submitted full nominations, dug up links, debated the final ballot and have still to make my own selections... what's one more thing to do? ;)

-Z

You may have done all those things, Z, but did YOU get a letter from Publisher's Clearing House saying that you might still be a winner? I didn't think so. And since I did get said letter, this proves once and for all that.....

TBS > j00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I did consider having CC come up with the names...but time was a factor. It was the last thing I thought about as far as the ballot is concerned, and since I needed to get the ballot out on Monday at the latest, I didn't have time to wait for all of CC to respond to a naming request. So, basically, I tried to pick what I thought was best for each award, with some awards not getting named. For the top categories, I tried to use the all time greats who helped found our fed...and for the title awards, I tried to use people who were the best in that particular category. However, I had to make some concessions...like, ELM probably should have had the WF World Champion of the Year Award named after him, but I couldn't do that since he is actually nominated for the award. It just wouldn't make sense. I named them in about 30 minutes based upon what I knew off the top of my head (I've been here a long time, I think I'm qualified) and using the Title History for those times I got stuck. Since it was kind of rush job that only had one very tired brain on it, that's why I forgot people. Perhaps next year, we can rename some of them...or not...I'd prefer to keep the same name for kind of historic and tradition sake....but whatever. I think the bottom line is that some people DID get left out...either because they were too new to really have an award named after them, or because they were nominated for many awards in the show already, and it would be silly to have awards named after them.

If Z feels it fit to add a name or change the name of an award, he has the full right to do so. I'm not going to argue. So, go Z go...if you feel so inclined.

And yes, you've had such a big part in this (especially since just about all the JL nominations exist because of your knowledge and research and a bunch of WF ones as well). In reality, Z's the one that really did all the "real" work, and I'm just the front man who posts the ballot, compiles the votes, and posts the show...thus receiving all the credit for Z's hard work. :)

Seriously though...Z should be thanked for all his work on this...and I did do some too dammit! But he did a great deal. Actually, you all can thank the Z-man for all the beautiful links you see so that you can actually go look at nominated matches and promos. I'm pretty sure I thanked him on the ballot, but I'd like to publically thank him again, and if you happen to be appreciative of me doing all this again this year...50% of your appreciation should be headed in Z's general direction.

Da "you be da mizzan...for real cuz" H

You know what I find so very amusing??

How so many people can't follow directions. I don't get it...how hard is it to name your PM...

"Wildchild's Ballot"

Not that he's guilty of this (I haven't even gotten a ballot from him which is why I used him as the example). But I don't get it. What's the deal? Do people just not read what I write? I've gotten all kinds of crap from people...

"My ballot"

"Awards ballot"

"Ballot of greatness OMG!!1!"

What the fuck?

Please people...make this easy on me. It's not that hard.

"Z's ballot"

That's it. No creative names. Don't try to be funny. Don't try to be witty. You can do that IN your ballot...don't do it with the title. Please...it's very simple...

"Hville Thugg's ballot"

It's ridiculous. I know everyone here is very smart, so I gotta think it's not that you all are too dumb to follow the directions. Which only leads to one of two conclusions:

1. You just don't care, and it doesn't matter to you if you piss me off by my making my life harder.

OR

2. You just didn't read the instructions.

Seriously people...come on...how hard is it?

Da "my goodness..." H

:: didn't see that in the instructions ::

I glossed over the instructions, specifically to see if there was any rule about how the PM should be addressed, I swear I did; I guess I just missed it. You want I should send it again?

I followed the instructions. Cause I'm cooler than the rest of you who didn't. :D

Except King. Cause he did too and he's automatically cooler than anyone anyway </suckup>

Just a reminder...you have less than 2 hours to get your ballot in if you haven't done so. With all the interest people claimed to have in the awards show, I'd have thought I would have more ballots for this. So, if you haven't voted...vote now! Time is ticking.

Da "smackdown your vote" H

23 minutes and counting.

VOTE, damn you! VOOOOOOOOOOOOTE!

Da "wishes he had enough interesting things to say to put one at the end of each post" R

It doesn't surprise me if you don't have a lot of ballots, Thugg, since most people (like me) didn't realize there was a due date until NOW. Goddamnit.

I'd reccomend extending the time you'll accept ballots until the end of today.

-Z

See...yet ANOTHER case of people NOT reading my posts...I clearly...in bold...stated that ballots were due by Friday at noon. I don't understand how people could miss it. But fine...I'll extend to except ballots until Sunday morning at 12pm eastern.

Is that enough time for everyone?

I hope so, and everyone who didn't know about the deadline should feel responsible if I can't get my genesis match done.

Ok...so, to recap...

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH AT 12:00PM!!!

That's when ballots are due...

Da "if you don't have it done by noon on Sunday, don't bother" H

SEND you say... yeah pressed that... there's a big EDIT on my last post with the explaination you must've missed. I'll play a little Nas and get back to you on those sooner or later.

Well at least I get to re-write all that non-sense about Judge being an impressive bumpie. That was dumb.

M. "Will predict the future like Nastrodamus" Francis

Well, I won't need help tallying, but I WILL need help writing the show if we want more than just me listing the results. We'll have to see what happens come Sunday...

Da "it IS football day afterall" H

Not me... no way I'm going to help Thugg out with anything after that bastard brother of his tried to drive my knee through the friggin' ring into China! he's lucky Edwin showed up and got us to work together long enough to maybe walk away with the commissionership...

What? Yes... I know what kayfabe is...

What do you mean no one believes it anymore?

Dang...

Well, I guess that means I'll help too if you need it, but from what you've said, this sounds like a perfect "Too many cooks spoil the broth" situation.

Yeah, they do Mark...I'll probably end up writing it myself (because it's just easier that way)...that is, if all goes according to plan, which has me finishing my match (which I've only gotten through 2 entrances) tomorrow and writing the awards show Sunday during the football games

Da "we all know it won't turn out like that though" H