TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Rising Star

Old School

Guest The Rising Star

I liked the Jake Roberts-Rick Martel blindfold match at the Wrestlemania very much. I don't know why people bash this match. Although I was 8 years old when I first saw this match, I still like it.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Hogan pre 1988 - I love him to this day, but even I admit he phoned it in after 1987 and just coasted...

Wierd Shit seeing Mr. 1derful and Hogan team in Japan when both were still heels...

The Backlund/Inoki vs Hansen/Hogan match kinda blew my mind as well

L.O.D. vs their Former Tag team partner Tenryu and Hogan circa 1990-91, is pretty surreal as well

I liked the Jake Roberts-Rick Martel blindfold match at the Wrestlemania very much. I don't know why people bash this match. Although I was 8 years old when I first saw this match, I still like it.

It was a fun match, Roberts asking for the crowds help, then the crowd noselling Martels pleas were t'riffic.

It was a fun match, Roberts asking for the crowds help, then the crowd noselling Martels pleas were t'riffic.

Totally agreed! The spot where Martel slams Jake, Jake gets up, and Martel drops an elbow still makes me chuckle.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

Guest The Real Nosferatu

During the blindfold match Martel is on the outside thrusting a chair in front of him. Roberts is in the ring though, and he ends up backing into the post and smacking the chair against it, hurting his hand.

Comedy at it's best.

I marked for Ludvig Borga's no selling and terrible offense.

During the blindfold match Martel is on the outside thrusting a chair in front of him. Roberts is in the ring though, and he ends up backing into the post and smacking the chair against it, hurting his hand.

Comedy at it's best.

I marked for Ludvig Borga's no selling and terrible offense.

Lol, i'm going to have to get that video out again, just for that match.

It's a shame HHH ruined this gimmick match.

He fought D-Lo Brown in the Raw Roulette Blindfold Match. It had little to no comedy and it was OBVIOUS they could see each other. They moved around way too fluently compared to Snake/Model.

Has anyone ever seen the one between Martel and Koko B Ware? How was it?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Martel attacked before he put his blindfold on. Koko crawled around aimlessly and Martel put on the Boston Crab.

Thats the PBP of the match. seriously.

Guest Graham R Tripp

I still love watching the Water Slide Race between JYD and Jimmy Hart from SNME ... pure class from WWF!!

And from the same deal the bit where Savage and Liz were on the diving platform with Jesse the Body and Savage just pushed Liz in and Savage and Jesse cracked up ... BRILLIANT!!!

Oh god...off the top of my head...

-Akeem

-Slick...the Jive Sole Bro

-The York Foundation...both with Wallstreet and then with Taylor.

-Bobby Eaton's singles push in early 91.

-Nasty Boys

-Bad News Brown

-Johnny B.Badd

-Sid in his monster role

-Diamond Dallas Page as the Freebirds' manager

-Men on a Mission

Money Inc. was great. I never really got why so many people hate on IRS.

Dean Douglas...one of my favorite gimmicks ever.

Double J and the Roadie. I loved them.

The Berserker was great too. HUSS!!!