TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

Max Cavalera is the only member left of Soulfly

from blabbermouth.net ....

SOULFLY: The Tribe Goes Bust - Sep. 22, 2003

SOULFLY mainman Max Cavalera has officially parted ways with the rest of his band — bassist Marcello D. Rapp, drummer Roy Mayorga, and guitarist Mike Doling. According to informed sources, the mass exodus was prompted by the firing of Rapp by Max and SOULFLY manager Gloria Cavalera (Max's wife), which in turn led Mayorga and Doling to quit in protest. Cavalera is said have already launched a search for replacement musicians with a view towards beginning work on the band's fourth album, tentatively due next summer through Roadrunner Records. It is not presently clear if SOULFLY's previously announced live appearances at the end of September — including Thursday's (September 25) gig at the Whiskey A-Go Go in Hollywood, California and Saturday's (September 27) appearance at the D-Low (Dana Wells) Memorial Show in Tempe, Arizona — will go ahead as scheduled or if they will be completely scrapped.

-----

This sounds like total and utter craziness. Their drummer Roy is amazing and made seeing them live really good. It's so odd that Rapp was fired, since Max has known him for a long time; he was a bass tech for Sepultura. I wonder what kind of replacements will be made to the band.

You would like to think that Max and Sepultura would have enough sense to go for a reunion tour or something....it'll take Max a while to put out a decent enough lineup to record an album/tour to support it, and despite all Derrick Green's improved vocals, "Roorback" wasn't that good of an album.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

I am convinced Max's wife is an incredibly controlling bitch. Max may be too, but I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's one of the few guys I respect in the metal community despite Soulfly sucking fairly fiercely. But yeah, how many members has he went through with this band now?!

Guest Choken One

Why is that the whole band leaves and one guy stays...How come it's that ONE GUY that's still "the band"?

Personally, If your band dies...Kill the name. LOA tried that after Caputo said fuck off to roadrunner and failed...

Personally, if your band leaves you, Keeping the band name isn't fair.

Nevermortal Posted on Sep 23 2003, 01:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (B. Brian Brunzell @ Sep 23 2003, 02:23 PM)

QUOTE (Agent of Oblivion @ Sep 23 2003, 07:14 AM)

If Sepultura reforms, I will shit. 

That makes two of us. 

Three. And then I'll fly to Brazil and play with my berimbau. 

Four. *NP: Beneath the Remains*

Nevermortal Posted on Sep 23 2003, 01:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (B. Brian Brunzell @ Sep 23 2003, 02:23 PM)

QUOTE (Agent of Oblivion @ Sep 23 2003, 07:14 AM)

If Sepultura reforms, I will shit. 

That makes two of us. 

Three. And then I'll fly to Brazil and play with my berimbau. 

Four. *NP: Beneath the Remains*

Five...and I have a roll of toilet paper by the computer just in the event that I read the news online. If someone tells me, it's just going to drip down the side of my leg.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What's your problem? Too good to shit with the rest of us? Huh? HUH MOTHERFUCKER???

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Seven. I'm shitting RIGHT NOW...

well not right NOW...but I was.