TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Bloopers,Bleeps, Bodyslams

Guest Boo_Bradley

Tape was okay, not ha ha funny so much, here's some random ramblings:

1> Ray Stevens, Buddy Rose, Don Muraco + 2 others vs Pedro, Andre +3 others >>> Didn't get a good look at the partners, plus what in the World is Ray Stevens doing in the WWF in 1983/4???

2> Atlas/Orndorff Posedown was...weird..... cool to see Paul shoving Vince around, that was kinda taboo at this point....

3> Shiek and Vince's racist interview was a bit f*cked up...

4> Did Vince intentionally always wear ugly suits?

5> I LOL at Vince doing the Polka's, Polka > Rap

6> Was Hulk's Python Powder legit? and if so, why would they go on Cable TV and rip their own product by having Hayes nearly throw it up?

7> Speaking of Ole Alfred, He may be the best Actor McMahon ever had, It sure seemed he was "shooting" during some of those skits

8> The ~SWANK~ opening with the Gladiator's had Bruno, Larry Z, and Dave Schultz in it, all of whom were taken out in future releases

9> And now... one of the greatest comic skits the WWF ever did:

Vachon's wedding... Capt. Lou being "drunk" and obnoxious, Schultz blasting the bride with her own wedding cake and Vince soon after(!), The Heels tore the set down as I rolled on the floor...

Who was the Man in the blue mask at the reception?

Who was the girl in the Mask at the reception, the heels start ganging up on her and tearing off her clothes, Vince stops them and drags the girl off screen, that disturbed me a bit....

Okay that's all I got!

1> Ray Stevens, Buddy Rose, Don Muraco + 2 others vs Pedro, Andre +3 others >>> Didn't get a good look at the partners, plus what in the World is Ray Stevens doing in the WWF in 1983/4???

Stevens was brought in in late-1982 to help cement Jimmy Snuka's face turn (he piledrove Snuka on the concrete floor at a TV taping before doing jobs to him around the horn). Not sure he stuck around much more than six months.

4> Did Vince intentionally always wear ugly suits?

Yes. In fact, when Pat Patterson was doing color commentary with Vince on play-by-play, they wore the same ugly suit.

Guest Boo_Bradley

*Slaps head*

Good Grief I knew about that Snuka/ Stevens thing... I think I even started a topic about it a few months ago...

Guest Indikator

Weren´t the Bruno vs. Larry scenes always in the intros?

The Vachon Wedding should be a must see for rookie heels - somebody just has to be the new Dr. D

Weren´t  the Bruno vs. Larry scenes always in the intros?

The Vachon Wedding should be a must see for rookie heels - somebody just has to be the new Dr. D

Somebody has to go on 20/20 and box John Stossel's ears again?? Are you talking about David Schultz?

I loved the Adonis/Murdoch/Okerlund skit in Adonis's NYC neighborhood. After no one's ever heard of Adrian, they bump into sickly, old, ratty-clothed 'Uncle Joe', to which Adonis was quick to point out, "Looks good for 53."

Guest ToddRoyal

How can you review this tape and not mention the Tiger Chung Lee bit?!?

That is, without question, the funniest thing ever released on any WWF/WWE video and is the BEST part of that tape.

Tha Vachon wedding was funny at times, but way too long, and most of the rest was standard/above average TNT stuff. The "Wrestling's Explosive TNT Show" Tape is actually better for stuff like that as it has Fuji/Muraco thearter on it. (Fuji Vice! Fuji General!!)

Guest Indikator
Weren´t  the Bruno vs. Larry scenes always in the intros?

Somebody has to go on 20/20 and box John Stossel's ears again?? Are you talking about David Schultz?

Yeah

I like controversial heels. I miss the times in which a heel would be stabbed for being at the show - it´s better than stupid new school heels

Guest Boo_Bradley

Sk reviewed the match:

Mr. Fuji, Ray Stevens, Don Muraco, Buddy Rose & Billy Graham v. Rocky Johnson, Salvatore Bellomo, Jimmy Snuka, Pedro Morales & Andre the Giant. This is best 3 out of 5 falls. JIP a few minutes in, as Rocky hits everyone with armdrags. Morales works Muraco over, and Andre comes in with a big boot that sends Muraco to the floor in a dramatic bump. Back in, they do a criss-cross and Muraco runs into Andre’s BUTT and gets the worst of it. Clipped to Muraco airplane-spinning Bellomo, but he gets dizzy and Sal falls on top for two. Cute. Rose tries the same on Sal, but keeps his balance. Fuji and Stevens work him over, but Snuka tags in. He pounds away and Muraco tags in. We’re clipped to Bellomo dropkicking Fuji, but Fuji gets a belly to belly for the pin at 5:14. Fall #2: Fuji keeps working Sal over, but Snuka dropkicks them over and Sal gets the pin at 6:00 to even it up 1-1. Fall #3: Rose can’t stop Sal from tagging Snuka, who gets a sunset flip for the pin at 7:35 to put the faces up 2-1. Fall #4: Rose works a headlock on Snuka, and they criss-cross into a chop from Snuka. Andre comes in and kicks the crap out of Rose, but Fuji comes in and gets a martial arts shot that puts Andre in some difficulty. Muraco goes up and gets slammed off, and Andre pounds on Rose and hits a big boot and buttdrop for the pin to finish at 10:25. Nothing of note here. 2 for 9.