TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

New Limp Bizkit Reviewed

Well comments from people like "I haven't even listened to it and it sucks blah blah blah. Thats pathetic.

If you have some sort of "I hate him cause he raped my mom" hatred for Durst than why bother posting about him? If you don't like the music...dont listen to it, and dont comment about it. Simple.

Yes I understand everyone has a perfectly good right to their own opinion...and that includes myself too :)

I saw one of the MTV specials that featured Snoop Dog freestyling for the track "red light green light". Snoop looked like a god while Fred Durst was just getting drunk off of Malmosas (sp?) and marking out to Snoop's greatness.

Guest El Satanico

Well at least Durst knows people don't really care about him or his band anymore. So he brought in people(Neptunes, Snoop) that may actually sell copies of the CD for him.

At least there's some talent on the album.

Guest whatitistoburn

Personally, I think Spineshank put out the best "nu metal" cd in the last 2 years with Self Destructive Pattern.

Also what the fuck does misspelling Pete Townshends name have to do with the quality of the album?

Why doesn't this music critic blast the band's copywriter?

And if we're going to be picky on spelling, let's read some of those credits on Rap albums...

Also what the fuck does misspelling Pete Townshends name have to do with the quality of the album?

Why doesn't this music critic blast the band's copywriter?

And if we're going to be picky on spelling, let's read some of those credits on Rap albums...

I think the writer is just emphasising the amatuerish nature of the 'record'.

Durst is the lowest form of life in music, he is total dead-weight.

UYI

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The similarities are striking. Both egotistical frontmen, both take themselves too seriously, both believe their own hype, and both cause silly problems, and expect the world to care that thousands of trivial issues about who fucked who, and who doesn't like who may or may not exist. Their bands died slow painful deaths, becoming completely irrelevent in their own dying genres in a matter of a few albums. All the talent and creative drive in both bands is gone, and they have instead relied on INFINITE hype to try to squeeze more blood from the stone.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Nope. Not enough of a rocker-type guy.

Either that jackoff from Creed, or maybe Sully Erna from Godsmack could go nutso. Those are distant picks though. I don't think he's come out yet. Axl and Durst need to fully go the way of the buffalo first. Then, when the next guy is hot shit, Fred can make a comeback.

As long as Chrissy dies alone, preferably in a pit of human waste and used needles, and his band collapses, I can sleep well again.

It's tough, none of the primadonna idiots in rock seem to last long enough anymore to go to the absolute top before they fall into obscurity and hell.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oooh, that's a pretty good guess, actually, but I don't think he's enough of a media whore to get on that level. Joe Radio doesn't know who Max Cavalera is, chances are. The pissy attitude and turmoil is there, though.

How 'bout Lars? Not a frontman, but still..

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Absolutely. Axl Rose is infinitely more talented than Fred Durst, but personality-wise, they're peas and carrots.

How about that tool frontman for the Deftones? He seems like an egomaniac that can't keep his mouth shut and thinks his band is the end-all-be-all metal band regardless of the fact that they're not that good.

How about that tool frontman for the Deftones? He seems like an egomaniac that can't keep his mouth shut and thinks his band is the end-all-be-all metal band regardless of the fact that they're not that good.

Chino Moreno?

What the fuck?! Of all the big Nu-Metal bands, his ego is perhaps the smallest. He still does it for music. Not like Durst, Davies and Stapp who are in it for the cold cash.

In other news Caboose listens to 'Results May Vary' again and likes two tracks.

The Nu-Metal in me just wont die!

Did everyove hear how Durst is telling people Eddie Van Halen tried out for Limp Bizkit? Of course MTV news reports it as "fact" as well because Durst said so.

Fred Durst is one of the most annoying celebrities I've ever known of. The guy has proven time and time again that he's a hypocratic, selfish, egomaniac. The guy even admitted that he didn't want anything to do with Staind at first due to Staind's first album cover (that had blood coming out of the Virgin Mary's womb or some sick shit like that). Then he actually heard Staind play and was like "Hey, they're good!" Nice to know he judges bands by album covers.

Oh, and the WrestleMania 19 Limp Bizkit performance SUCKED! :angry:

Oooh, that's a pretty good guess, actually, but I don't think he's enough of a media whore to get on that level. Joe Radio doesn't know who Max Cavalera is, chances are. The pissy attitude and turmoil is there, though.

How 'bout Lars? Not a frontman, but still..

Joe Radio doesn't know him yet, but if he tries to get Sep back together and then it doesn't work out, he's sooo becoming a whore.

Lars would be hilarious, he wouldn't so much flip out as try to.

Guest Random Hero

DIE

Guest Random Hero
In other news Caboose listens to 'Results May Vary' again and likes two tracks.

The Nu-Metal in me just wont die!

First Test, now Limp Bizkit? You Loser. ;)

Guest Plushy Al Logan
Did everyove hear how Durst is telling people Eddie Van Halen tried out for Limp Bizkit? Of course MTV news reports it as "fact" as well because Durst said so.

That would make sense, since Durst reminds me of Diamond Dave, except that Roth is talented and not intentionally annoying. He also reminds me of Sammy, but again Sammy is talented and cool. Again Durst reminds me of Gary Cherone, I have nothing to add here.

Guest Choken One
Nope. Not enough of a rocker-type guy.

Either that jackoff from Creed, or maybe Sully Erna from Godsmack could go nutso. Those are distant picks though. I don't think he's come out yet. Axl and Durst need to fully go the way of the buffalo first. Then, when the next guy is hot shit, Fred can make a comeback.

Sully will do us a favor sooner or later and off himself...

as for Stapp? GREAT charismatic frontman (it hurts to admit it), So I could see him letting the Substance abuse get insane and that will be lotsa fun to see...

Guest Random Hero
I still cannot believe people place Deftones above all the nu metal types. They did it first and did it slower. Wowsers.

There must be a reason people place them above other Nu Metal bands. Because A LOT of people do.

One of the reasons is that, most of the bands that are around now are blatant cash-ins on the Nu Metal genre. So that counts for something before actually music is even discussed.

Deftones did Nu Metal better in 1995 than anyone does it now. It's almost a parody of itself at the moment.

Deftones don't, and have never directed their music at 'angst-ridden' teenagers, which is basically what every Nu Metal band tends to do. Their lyrics are nonsense, but it's not the typical 'everyone hates me' bullshit, Korn and the like produce.

Deftones have evolved. They have changed a lot since their first release back in '95. Their music is no longer what I would consider to be Nu Metal, in fact I really don't know how to categorise them.

Chino is cool as fuck. Nuff said.

I'm sure Caboose will back me up with a few additions to this list.

This thread is hilarious.

Just a bunch of elitists who think it's a bad thing to make money by making music. Who gives a rats ass if Durst himself isnt "Talented" when the albums sell because the songs themselves(including Durst) are entertaining and fun to listen to. Don't take yourselves so seriously.

I especially love hoe people can sit here and talk about how "This guy is a jackass and this guy is a retard and this guy sucks my cock" when you don't KNOW THESE PEOPLE!

All you guys see is what they show you on TV. You dont tour with these bands, you dont live their lives...How the fuck do you know everythingabout everyone all the time? Honestly?