TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywarp!

New Limp Bizkit Reviewed

Guest Random Hero
Just a bunch of elitists who think it's a bad thing to make money by making music. Who gives a rats ass if Durst himself isnt "Talented" when the albums sell because the songs themselves(including Durst) are entertaining and fun to listen to. Don't take yourselves so seriously.

The people who bitch about him probably don't find the songs entertaining and fun to listen to. Some people can't listen to music that isn't performed by talented musicians. That's fair enough. I find some Limp Bizkit songs fun to listen to, I couldn't really give a shit, what the singer gets up to on MTV and such, if the song is good.

I especially love hoe people can sit here and talk about how "This guy is a jackass and this guy is a retard and this guy sucks my cock" when you don't KNOW THESE PEOPLE!

He comes across as a jackass on television, and in everything he does. That's all we have to go on. He behaves like one, we call him one.

All you guys see is what they show you on TV. You dont tour with these bands, you dont live their lives...How the fuck do you know everythingabout everyone all the time? Honestly?

No one makes him say some of the stupid things he says. He acts like a whiny bitch too much for it just to clever TV editing or some shit. I'm pretty sure it's not just a TV conspiracy to make him look like a twat.

I'm sorry, cartman, are you living in an alternate universe where 'Results May Vary but most probably they'll be crap', Durst's new 'music', is selling well?

The album flopped before it even took off, no-one in the world cares about Durst or his 1-cent shitty band.

I could also go on a tirade about the relationship, or lack there of, between album sales and talent, but that'd just make an a elitist prick.

*yawn*, GAY.

UYI

lol

I know your argument about talent and album sales so don't bother.

My point about not knowing who these people are personally was that what you see in performances and on TV isn't always what a person is in their own time. It's all an act to sell records, and it works. Don't go telling me that not one person care about Limp Bizkit and their music because their albums always sell...so SOME people do enjoy it. You obviously don't, and good for you, but ya don't need to act like you know these people and make assumptions and generalizations. Fact is, ALOT of people aren't like you. Doesnt make them any better or any worse than you. So who are you to say that nobody cares and nobody likes the guy? You dont think like the majority of the rest of the free fucking world ya know...it's either your way, or it sucks ass.

Guest El Satanico

The remaining people stopped caring after the last album. limpbizkit are another washed up band from the "nu-metal" generation.

This is all witnessed by the backlash he has been receiving all summer.

So his "act" is acting like a little bitch? He hasn't been acting like the prick that tries piss people off which is what he got big from. He's been a little bitch and whines about people booing him. Why would he do that for an act? Acting like that will just turn fans off, so please enlighten us as to why the great Durst chose this new "act".

Is all the shit Axl has done an act?

All the shit EVERY Rock star, Movies Star, Athlete, etc. is an act to a point ya know?

Anyways You can be glad to know i'm finished with this absurd thread :)

Sorry if I pissed anyone off or offended anyone at all...I was stating my opinions, just like you guys.

Deftones have evolved. They have changed a lot since their first release back in '95. Their music is no longer what I would consider to be Nu Metal, in fact I really don't know how to categorise them.

Chino is cool as fuck. Nuff said.

I'm sure Caboose will back me up with a few additions to this list.

I sure will...

Listen to The Deftones. They are not Nu-Metal. They may have originally sounded like what Nu-Metal was meant to become, but they are not what Nu-Metal became, they never were and never will be. Aside from the tuning of their trademark distorted guitars and Chino's soft-to-shout lyrics, the Deftones' current sound is wholly different to what they began with.

They grew evolved and got better in my opinion. Is it any wonder that out of all the 'Nu-Metal' bands that The Deftones get compared to, The Deftones are the ones who remain popular and critically acclaimed? Limp Bizkit are all but dead. Korn became repetitive after one album and every other two bit Nu-Metal band aside from the commercial juggernaut that is Linkin Park are dead and buried.

But most of all The Deftones have shown not one sign of falling apart or becoming a parody of themselves.

Guest whatitistoburn

YOu know, when Chino goes off on his little tirades, he's right. There wouldn't be a limp bizkit or a linkin park without the deftones.

Not to mention, even if you consider the Deftones numetal, then you have to concede to the fact that "White Pony" is the crowning achievement of the genre.

Eh.. The Mania 19 song is gone. I guess I got to hear the only live performance of that. Whoopie. :rolleyes:

Well, I enjoyed that live performance... because my friend and I had made "Fred Durst Sucks" and "News Flash: Durst Can't Rap" signs for the occasion.

I know I'm late to reply, but the "FRED CAN KISS MY CHOCOLATE STARFISH" hanging from the cheap seats was really gold.

I still cannot believe people place Deftones above all the nu metal types. They did it first and did it slower. Wowsers.

There must be a reason people place them above other Nu Metal bands. Because A LOT of people do.

Seriously, If you like them then alright, I didn't say they were nu-metal I just consider them to be on the same level of bad, maybe a bit higher.

But what the hell does that mean? A lot of people say The Thrills are good, millions say Coldplay are great. So that argument I have a problem with.

Guest Random Hero

Yeah ok I see your point there. I meant Deftones fans are not your typical Nu Metal fans, so they must see something in them that they don't see in any of the other Nu Metal bands.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Could Phil Anselmo during the last few years of Pantera be considered Axlesque?

They did gradually get worse like GNR did. He had Down, though, so that alone keeps him from being in that category. Not enough of the name-in-lights "AXL ROSE" aura though, even if he's got a huge following.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think the Deftones deserve the credit they get, but at the same time, I think they deserve all the criticism they get, too. Nothing they've done has ever really wowed me, but it's stuff that I can more or less listen to without much complaint. They were extraordinarily horrible live, so they've got that against them. To me, they're the epittamy of a band that's just "there."

I think the Deftones deserve the credit they get, but at the same time, I think they deserve all the criticism they get, too. Nothing they've done has ever really wowed me, but it's stuff that I can more or less listen to without much complaint. They were extraordinarily horrible live, so they've got that against them. To me, they're the epittamy of a band that's just "there."

Yeah, most of my hate for them is because every time I talk to some idiot girl in a club and they say they don't like AWK because he's repetitive (don't get me fucking started) the one band they ALWAYS like is The fucking Deftones, when they're just as, if more repetitive. They are just there I guess. Better than Athlete!

Guest Random Hero

I agree that Athlete and The Thrills are shite. Although I kinda liked 'Big Sur' it seemed a bit less boring then their other songs.

If them Deftones fans who tell you they don't like AWK also say that the Deftones new album is their best- spit in their eye.

They were extraordinarily horrible live, so they've got that against them.

I'm not going to argue against that point. I've seen them live twice, once at Reading 2000 and then once at the Brixton Academy. At Reading 2000 they absolutely stunk up the stage. At Brixton, the were partially great but mostly mediocre. As a live band they dont come across well and understand why people would hold it against them.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Those are both large venues, correct? I've seen them at a big open air deal as well, but I've heard differently when they're someplace small. I can't say personally, though. I doubt it, but I guess its' possible.

Guest Random Hero

They were pretty good at Manchester Apollo, which isn't really that big a venue depending on what you compare it to. But not really as good as I was expecting them to be. Something just didn't seem to click.

I agree that Athlete and The Thrills are shite. Although I kinda liked 'Big Sur' it seemed a bit less boring then their other songs.

If them Deftones fans who tell you they don't like AWK also say that the Deftones new album is their best- spit in their eye.

Don't need to tell me twice...

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Something just didn't seem to click.

That's how they were when I saw them, in a nutshell. Their soundcheck was HORRIFIC. I don't know why they continued, as there's no possible way they wanted to intentionally sound that way. The levels were all kinds of fucked up, even. Chino was also drunk as a skunk, and the band was sleepwalking because of it. Awful, awful set.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

The Deftones are horrible in big places, it's just a rule that applies for no reason. They're hit or miss in smaller clubs, frankly it depends on how hammered Moreno is.

Although I do argue against one saying the Deftones are repetitive as Andrew W.K. I('m not saying he is necessarily, but they have a lot on him in the end.

I'll also give them extra points just for the fact that Mike Patton seems to like them and if he likes them, they can't be that bad.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think he's smellin' another side project. I think he's going for a million before he dies.

Guest Random Hero

I would just like to add, that I just downloaded 'Lonely World' off the new LB album- and it has possibly the worst lyrics ever.

"I remember high school, man i hated high school

It was like prison with bullies always putting me down

Just a little skater boy they could pick on

I learned to forgive'em, now i got the balls they can lick on

I loved sneakin' out when my mom was asleep

With my gothic girlfriend makin' love in the creek"

Good eh.

Fred should just not say nothing in his songs, just hum or something.

What would make the lyrics 200% more bearable would be if Durst didn't say 'baby' or 'yeah' at the end of EVERY line.

The lyrics would still suck, but they'd be more bearable.

Guest El Satanico

oi...Durst sure is great at rhyming...

school...down(I hope that wasn't meant to rhyme)

on...on

Asleep...creek

I shall call him The Amazing Fred