TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

Life of Agony fans rejoice...

from blabbermouth.net....

LIFE OF AGONY To Record New Studio Album - Sep. 23, 2003

Reunited New York metallers LIFE OF AGONY have announced their plans to record a new studio album, tentatively due in late 2004. Speaking to HitThePit.com, drummer Sal Abruscato said, "I foresee the new material being like 'This Time' times ten. A bit more aggressive, and written better at the same time… More appealing to everyone in the world!

"We all have grown more as people and musicians," Sal added. "Back [in the early days] we were a lot younger and wilder, now we have more respect and compassion for each other, and I feel that's important for the relationship. But the magic chemistry we have has not changed at all since the 90's. We can still rip the stage apart!

"The future of LIFE OF AGONY looks bright and I for see great albums in the works again."

LIFE OF AGONY's forthcoming double live album and DVD, titled "River Runs Again: Live 2003", is due on October 14 in the U.S. and October 20 in Europe through SPV Records. The two-disc set was recorded during the group's sold-out reunion shows at Irving Plaza in New York City on January 3-4, 2003.

In addition to the eighteen live tracks, the double-live CD contains four bonus tracks featuring LIFE OF AGONY members' current projects: AMONG THIEVES (bassist Alan Robert), SUPERMASSIV (drummer Sal Abruscato), and FREAX (Keith Caputo) as well as a Keith Caputo solo track.

Coinciding with the release of the CD will be a DVD of same name, which will contain extra bonus material including in-depth band interviews, interactive Menu screens, Band Biography, Discography and never-before-seen video footage from the band's personal collections.

A special limited edition box set entitled "River Runs Again: Complete", containing digipak versions of the two live audio

----------------

I'm sure Choken One is going to be ecstatic about this

Guest Choken One

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

MOTHERFUCK YES! PRAISE THE LORD! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I knew about the Live album but a FUCKING studio album? BALL FUCK YEAH!

OH LIFE IS GLORIOUS!

LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA! LOA!

---------

On a Fucking Serious note, I'm so fucking soaked about the FLOOD of new stuff from the guys, It's time that in this era of pithyness with bands like Linkin Park flooding the air...That a Clean Breath of Air comes in and cleanses the disease infected by Korn and the bunch.

THANK YOU MUSIC GODS!

Guest Agent of Oblivion
LOA sucks.

Hey, they had River Runs Red, and...River Runs Red.

Decent band that made a GREAT album, then proceeded to start to suck, then genuinely sucked.

Guest Choken One

Hey Ugly was Good but Caputo lost the writing control of the album and really produced nothing....

The third album was Roadrunner's fault...They wanted the streamlined Poppy Stuff like Weeds and Tangerine...Which Caputo didn't like...and factor in that they changed Drummers as well...

It'll be interesting to see what way they go...Caputo's style or Robert's style...

Captuo penned the emotional stuff but Robert pinned the harder stuff...

Personally, I perfer the Emotional stuff as it's beautiful...

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I'll have to pick up River Runs Red, just so I can participate in all this LOA crap.

You might like it quite a bit. It's depressing as all hell, incredibly easy to relate to if you've ever had a negative time in your life. (even if it's just for a day or two), with fun easy riffs that are catchy as fuck. Everything about the album is really goddamn good.

what does that have to do with LOA?

I was just making the point they seem to crop up quite a bit (God knows who's responsible) and as I haven't heard anything I feel somewhat left out, thus flooding the forum with XTC's Go 2 album might make me feel better. I'll look out for River runs red.

Guest Choken One
I'll have to pick up River Runs Red, just so I can participate in all this LOA crap.

You might like it quite a bit. It's depressing as all hell, incredibly easy to relate to if you've ever had a negative time in your life. (even if it's just for a day or two), with fun easy riffs that are catchy as fuck. Everything about the album is really goddamn good.

I will echo those sentiments Obviously,

The opening track, “This Time” is easily their biggest song, and for obvious reasons…It’s a great melody of pain and anguish but it’s not like your Korn or Staind whiny stuff, Caputo’s voice would have to be considered one of the best ever, The emotion is so stirring as he shames his father and revels his sincere emotion

“You're just letting it slip away now You act like things are fine

I know you think you've been born again

But this time You're leaving your son behind”.

It follows up with one of the better Metal Anthem song that reflects the energy and drive of the early 90’s NYC metal underground, simply titled “Underground” he echoes the emotion and energy of all metal heads as he proudly chants “I wanna tear it up, tear it out

Get my aggression out This is what we're here for, control the dance floor

This is why we're here I said, this is why we're here”.

Next comes the first in a series of startling “cut” scenes of a teenaged male, whom life begins to disintegrate.

It follows up with the POUNDING suicide decree “River Runs Red” a frantic scream of desperation.

Next comes “Through and through”, which erases the previous song’s fear with a good old fashioned high speed metal song. Next, is what I consider the weakest part of the album, Lyrically it stands up and the music is effective but compared to the previous few songs, it falls short of the AMAZING extent they took it.

We follow up with another “cut” scene as it builds up the frustration and depression in our un-named subject.

Next comes what might be one of the most depressing songs known to man “Bad Seed”, where Keith speaks to his buried mother in sadness and confusion. It’s insanely hard to listen to this and NOT be affected in some sense…The lines “Am I to blame?

If I won't face your grave Am I to blame? Am I to blame? If I cannot bear to face your grave

And mother please shine down on me Show me that I'm not the bad seed” are so poignant.

Thankfully, they follow up with another Frantic Metal song “My Eyes”, which is actually my personal favorite of the album.

Then they throw two more metal songs that are great but can’t really reach the amazing heights of those others, “Respect” and “Method of Groove”, the latter follows a similar formula to the second track but creates a distinct difference.

The final musical track comes with “The stain remains”, this song was the song that I was first introduced to. This might be the best lyrical track of the album and they go all out with the soul draining emotion on this one.

The final track, is the SEVERELY haunting and startling conclusion to the Series.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Frantic? Speedy?

That album's all about mid-tempo minor grooves, brutally honest personal lyrics, and bitter delivery. I wouldn't say there's really anything frantic or speedy on the whole album.

I also greatly fear that the new one will be a disappointment, but then again it's been about 10 years since they've done anything really good, so maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise. I hope so, anyway.

Guest Choken One
Frantic? Speedy?

That album's all about mid-tempo minor grooves, brutally honest personal lyrics, and bitter delivery. I wouldn't say there's really anything frantic or speedy on the whole album.

I also greatly fear that the new one will be a disappointment, but then again it's been about 10 years since they've done anything really good, so maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise. I hope so, anyway.

By Frantic I was refering to the lyrics, It has that feeling of Frantic, mass confusion going on...I wasn't really saying the music was frantic.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

That I'll agree with. I'd say confusion and frustration are the two biggest influences to that album, which then give way to bitterness and depression.

Guest Choken One
new album close to RRR

good

new album close to SSS

bad

S.S.S gets a bad rap, Sure alot of people couldn't accept that Caputo got too happy.

It does contain a pair of great songs, emotionally that is, while most people that loved RRR shat all over it because Roberts and Caputo went to poppy.

Overall the album is totatlly inferior to R.R.R and even the sophmore album, "Ugly" which also bears a great set of tracks but lacks the PUNCH that R.R.R had.

I couldn't dig Ugly when I first got it and eventfully followed what everyone else said and considered it a bad album, Year later, I rediscovered the album like a sweet blend hunger.

Again, The success and quality will hindge upon what Leverage Caputo gets, If Caputo, whom is the draw for the band decides to do things his way, It won't be akin to RRR.

Alot of people are shocked and stunned when hearing Caputo's solo work, expecting that fierce LOA agression but it doesn't exist because Caputo doesn't do that anymore. The music is brilliant and great but it doesn't always translate to those who likely only checked him out because of his past with LOA.

I haven't heard much of The rest of the band's solo projects so I can't really judge where they are musically and emotionally.

Keith's father died last year of a Overdose, so maybe that will tap into that hidden agony, he always held back because he wanted to reconnect with his father as he so often indicated in his music, so that could lead him to unleash that anger that seemingly died after the first album.

RRR is a great album that i have listened to more times than I can count at this point. The other two were a mixed bag to be sure. Some stuff I liked alot some stuff not at all. The live disc and the rare and b-sides cd were also a mixed bag as well. But damn, songs like Plexiglass Gate just own me. Great emotional metal that kicks your ass.

Lets hope they can catch lightning in a bottle yet again.

i like each album on its own..its when i hold them in the light of each other they falter

it wasnt so much the aggression on RRR but the brutal honesty during that time in the "hardcore" scene nobody was being that skin searingly honest

Guest Choken One

Skin Searingly?

That's a new one...

I like It..I'm stealing it.

And you are right, as fun and hard as many "Hardcore" bands are, very seldom few offer incredible depth in lyrics and that made them stand out...