TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Papacita

Crazy people...

What is it about me that seems to attract strange people???

I get on the train today after school when a guy walks past me...something about the guy immediately struck me as odd...I dunno what it was, but I ignore him and sit down while the guy leans against the door across from me. Seemed normal enough, but almost as soon as the train starts moving, I look up and see this man looking at his reflection in the window and making funny faces...apparently, he was doing his Michael Jackson impersonation. Now while my description of the scene may not seem all that funny, trust me, this was some comical ass shit. I mean...he's sitting there dancing and making faces...on a moving train, mind you...and I tried not to laugh. I really tried, because I know I'm the only guy in the car and if he sees people laughing at him, I know he's gonna jump right up and try and come at me...but damn it, when he busted out the moonwalk, the spin and the yell...ON A MOVING TRAIN...my God I must've died laughing. Then to make matters worse, the man starts dancing up and down the aisle singing "Wild Wild West" by Will Smith. That man had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

And this is just the latest in a LOOOOOOOOONG line of crazy people I've met while riding public transportation. It all started when I was 3 years old, when my brother and I saw some goth looking guy running up and down the El platform eating bananna peels out of the trashcans. Since that I'm, I've met a cracked out bus driver, who was normal on most days, but there would be about one or two days a week where I'd get on the bus and he was high on speed or some shit. I've had wrestling chats with a drunk guy who talks like this:

Drunk Man: Bret the HITMAN...*falls asleep*....*suddenly wakes up* HART!!!!!...*falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up* BEST THERE IS...*falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up*...the BEST THERE...*falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up*...WAS!...*falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up*...AND...*suddenly falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up*...THE...*suddenly falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up*...BEST THERE...*suddenly falls asleep*...*suddenly wakes up*...EVER WILL...*deep breath*...BE...*stares blankly for about 20 seconds...THEN suddenly falls asleep*

I've run into so many people that sit around talking to themselves and cussing at everyone around them, I've lost count...and they ALWAYS seem to gravitate to me! I don't know why! Hell, one day in April, I ran into 3 crazy people on one trip home. Seriously...I hop on the subway and sit right down next to someone who thinks their the messiah or something. Hop on the El train...and sit right next to some guy who starts randomly yelling at the top of his lungs and talking about how he's gonna kill people. Finally, I hop on the bus to come home, thinking I'm finally safe from the madness...I sit down next to some old lady...who, once the bus starts moving, calmly stands up and starts singing show tunes in the middle of the aisle. All on one ride home!

What is it about me that these people seem to like??? And if you have any stories about strange/drunk/crazy people, feel free to post them here.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

I don't think it's you. I think it is the whole public transportation thing. I used to take the bus to work or the trolley because I didn't want to pay $150/month for parking in Downtown San Diego.... and there was always a weirdo or two on EVERY ride.

Could be, but I don't understand why out of all of the people riding the buses and trains, they always seem to come right to me...every time. It's weird really.

What is it about me that these people seem to like??? And if you have any stories about strange/drunk/crazy people, feel free to post them here.

It's the fact you are on public transportation -- when you give the underclass the same access to places (bus, Wal-Mart, etc.) as normal people, you tend to zero in on their wacky behavior.

When I commuted daily to/from home while attending college it seemed there was a crazy-person story I could tell every day. However, with time, I have forgotten most of my encounters. What really sticks out are two instances.

1) Homeless/ghetto trash peeing on the side of buildings that were designated historical landmarks.

2) Seeing these panhandlers work in shifts at a nearby McDonalds...

Guest El Satanico

So that's what the residents of the 700 Level of The Vet does during the week.

What do these people do now that the 700 level is no more?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I always have loony people talk to me in stores and gas stations and shit. I was in a hardware store once, and some doddering old senile man pointed at something on a shelf and muttered to me "Put mine in every winter."

I asked him what kind of glue he used for that, and he stared at me for a few seconds, said "Nah, snaps together." he started chuckling and turned to something else.

Guest meanmaisch

I'm sure 700 level morons have moved their way across Pattison Avenue to Lincoln Financial Field. Considering how the Iggles have been playing, they have plenty of ammunition.