TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Rocky belittles wrestling on Letterman

Why should the Rock be jobbed? Because he became a movie star?

Hopefully they'll find someone who could actually benefit from it.

Uh, hello. News flash.

Randy Orton's running a "Legend Killer" gimmick.

Hence Randy's in need of slaying a legend. What better one at WMXX than the Rock?

Edit: Besides Hogan at WMXX.

Will Orton ever be a good main event talent?

I highly doubt it.

If they only have one job to spare, don't waste it on a guy who'll never be better than a mid-carder.

Who's the next Lesnar? Job Rock out to him.

Excuse me, you ain't thinking like good WWE employee. Or rather HHH.

HHH said he'd do anything to get Orton over and jobbing Rock to him would be.

Will Orton be ME material is REGARDLESS! It'll happen.

To HHH and the WWE it's Orton. Whether you (or I) like it or not.

Guest Ray
Why should the Rock be jobbed? Because he became a movie star?

Is it not obvious why?

If he's not going to wrestle anymore, he should obviously do a big job, because retiring wrestlers should always go out on their back, putting over the next generation of wrestlers.

That how, you know, you keep the business going.

Like to that personally deprived hack, Chris Benoit?

Well, that's the dumbest thing I've read all week.

But wouldn't the Rock hold all the cards?

If he feels like the WWE is about to make a huge mistake, would he really agree to come back just to job to a guy that will hurt the boys in the back he considers decent friends?

It's no longer the choice of Vince or Triple H, from what I see the choice belongs to Rock. If he doesn't want to come back and job to Randy "talent needed" Orton, then he won't.

STILL Rock holds more power than Triple H.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Triple-H is leaving for a while, he didn't put anybody over, why should Rock be expected to?

I'm sure the Rock will come back to lose...he already lost on his way out to Goldberg.

Guest Super Pissed Smark
Triple-H is leaving for a while, he didn't put anybody over, why should Rock be expected to?

Uh, because HHH is only gone for a while. By the sounds of it, Rock is done for good.

Well, shouldn't that kind of make the health of the company and the importance of building new stars more important to Triple-H than it would be to The Rock?

Considering he has been the champion who has out the msot people over, I think the rules could change this time around.

Uh, because HHH is only gone for a while. By the sounds of it, Rock is done for good.

Well, shouldn't that kind of make the health of the company and the importance of building new stars more important to Triple-H than it would be to The Rock?

That has nothing to do with anything. You said that HHH should of jobbed out (which he did to Goldberg, btw) because he was leaving. But he's only leaving for a little while. And he DID job out to Goldberg. And this has nothing to do with the Rock.

I want to see rock and HHH go one more time.

Why? It would be more about politics than actual wrestling.

Guest Super Pissed Smark
You said that HHH should of jobbed out (which he did to Goldberg, btw) because he was leaving. But he's only leaving for a little while. And he DID job out to Goldberg. And this has nothing to do with the Rock.

By that logic, since Rock DID job to Goldberg before leaving, he shouldn't have to do any more jobs either. Why doesn't it have anything to do with The Rock? Are Triple-H's actions totally unrelated to what Rock is and is no longer willing to do? Rock would've put over Booker T before last WrestleMania if Trips would've jobbed to him as well, but he wouldn't. Rock knows whoever he jobs to is immediately going to lose to Triple-H just so that Hunter can say he beat a guy who Rock lost to. See, Triple-H is better than Rock! Rock knows there is no point in him doing anything to help the WWE because it won't help itself.

Besides, Rock don't take orders from Vince no more. He's a movie star. :headbang:

I want to see rock and HHH go one more time.

Why? It would be more about politics than actual wrestling.

Oh absolutely. Their last match on Raw was just pure ass. I have to say that thier matches/rivalry has been my favorite of all time. I just wish HHH would lace the boots a little tighter (as he did with flair) and they tear it up. Just at a house show or something with a clean finish either way. I'd just like to see it. I don't care who'd win. Have a double countout in the ring.

It's great that you state all those speculations as facts. Yes, Rock did job to Goldberg before, but I think it would be better if he put over a young up and comer. Am I saying that he owes it to WWE to do so? No, not at all. But if he did come back, just one last time to say a final good bye to the fans, a last program with someone like (but not nessesarly) Orton would be great.

Thats great in an ideal world, but it wouldn't happen, so I can't wish upon it.

Guest Super Pissed Smark
but I think it would be better if he put over a young up and comer

What for?

The Rock will be back for WMXX, after that, he probably is done. And I'm fine with that. The only problem I see is with the name. It's his, but Vince gets the exec prod credit each time. Stick with Duane Johnson or something. Just not "the artist formerly known as the Rock." ANYTHING but that.

And of all this talk about Triple H and Rock jobbing and leaving, there is a bigger problem. Who did they both job to this year? Some up and coming WWE superstar? No way. The enema of rival WCW, a guy who can't wrestle, FGB.

I rarely knock on WWE, but their hypocritcal booking of rival stars "not getting as good a push" is sickening. Rock should stay away, especially since he all but handed the title to Benoit in 2000.

Sorry about that. I actually saw the interview, and I actually think the Rock handed it pretty well. He has to disassociate from WWE right now, since this movie is his first true solo "make or break" moment. Having the WWE is his back door if the movies don't take off. If his movies are successful, why shouldn't he leave?

No....there's one more thing for him to do before he leaves for good...

One big ass mega J-O-B to a young wrestler at WMXX.

I doubt it, that kind of thing isn't really necessary in today's environment.

Austin got over from WM 13 while jobbing to Bret. HHH retired Foley and went over a bazillion guys and never got over.

The only problem I see is with the name. It's his, but Vince gets the exec prod credit each time.

Actually, as has been said before in another thread (or maybe earlier in this one).

The Rock bought his name from Vince, so WWE doesn't make anymore money on the name.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Letterman was quite hung up on the fact that Rock lost his last match. I was amused that he had no idea who Goldberg was.

"Above and beyond" - yup, that pretty much describes Rock in relation to wrestling.

Guest RollingSambos
I think he has enough money to not do that. Just a hunch.

It's not just about the money. He's been making millions of dollars every year since like 1998...money isn't the issue.

You really think that if his movie career bombed he wouldn't come crawling back to WWE? He's barely over 30 and in perfect health, and he obviously craves that spotlight. What is he going to do? Sit on his porch for the rest of his life?

He's barely over 30 and in perfect health, and he obviously craves that spotlight. What is he going to do? Sit on his porch for the rest of his life?

Hence why's he's still making sure the fans realize that he still loves them.

Just in case, ya know.

Hopefully they'll find someone who could actually benefit from it.

Uh, hello. News flash.

Randy Orton's running a "Legend Killer" gimmick.

Hence Randy's in need of slaying a legend. What better one at WMXX than the Rock?

Edit: Besides Hogan at WMXX.

There is no way in HELL Hogan will job to RANDY ORTON at Wrestlemania XX. It just won't happen. Hogan is his own biggest fan, and he'd never accept a one off deal that involved the biggest Wrestlemania show since the 10 year anniversary and him jobbing to someone like Randy, who would be in Hogan's bad books anyway for just his first name.

UYI

Austin got over from WM 13 while jobbing to Bret. HHH retired Foley and went over a bazillion guys and never got over.

I see your point, but HHH got extremely over retiring Foley. It's more to do with the fact that you can't pinpoint a single occasion in some cases, Austin/Bret was a huge milestone in Steve's career, but he was never going to survive based on that for as long as he did. Whilst Austin has the feud with McMahon and all the rest, HHH made the mistake of crippling himself, overexposing himself and sucking.

Guest EternallyLazy

HHH never got over? Come on... don't let the HHHate turn into just plain ignorance. I hate the guy too, but to say he never got over is ridiculous