TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Plushy Al Logan

Stupid Question I have

I couldn't believe they had accumulated so quickly. It just kinda happened, one day I was at 10,000 and I just said "holy shit! How did I do that?" It makes me wonder if post whores are really aware of what they're doing.

It's pretty easy to rack up posts. I have somewhere between 7,000-8,000 of these things, and it never felt like I was going overboard.

I get the feeling my posting prime is from 28-32. 33+ I decline. Anybody acknowledge this?

*Sorry guys, all this talk about prime and that's the first thing that came into my head.

Guest The Old Me
I get the feeling my posting prime is from 28-32. 33+ I decline. Anybody acknowledge this?

*Sorry guys, all this talk about prime and that's the first thing that came into my head.

DIE!!!

The problem with Kotz, though, is he hit his prime early. The State of America was a thing of genius, and easily the highwater mark for any person. It's been over a year since he killed it--prematurely, I'd say--and what has he done since? Sure, he's an engaging fellow still, but I'm afraid he is indeed washed-up.

Guest evenflowDDT

Meh. I'm probably washed up. OAOAST-wise (which used to be a fairly large part of my identity here...even heard a rumor I'd be champ one day), I've been washed up since The In Crowd split up, with my one original idea being a huge failure of WrestleCrap proportions.

Since there seems to be a music vibe in here...I'm Cheap Trick. I still belt out the occasional Punk Princess, b-movie review, or Goldberg fucking, the hits - it's just in some county fair, with the only audience being a bunch of old drunks trying vainly to relive their past glories. Some kid's saved the evenflowDDT awards thread and sees the announcement. "THEY'RE still alive? I thought the lead singer died of an overdose? Their new material sucks anyway," he chuckles to himself. Still the band plays the hits. But one can't deny they're old. And gray. And a little weird.

Guest TSMAdmin
it's true, you are washed up. after 13 name changes and a bunch of shitty references to jason lee, how can you not be washed-up? join the club.

Ahem, its shitty references to Chevy Chase...get your head out of your ass before you try to insult me.

so, your varyious avatars of jason lee and the whole banky holden gimmick (dating back to the smarks board) wasn't you? gee, i knew the fletch gimmick sucked but we were def. trying to keep that dead corpse six feet under.

Guest TSMAdmin
The problem with Kotz, though, is he hit his prime early. The State of America was a thing of genius, and easily the highwater mark for any person. It's been over a year since he killed it--prematurely, I'd say--and what has he done since? Sure, he's an engaging fellow still, but I'm afraid he is indeed washed-up.

I would have to agree 100%. the state was a genius idea that ended when kotz's hubris got the best of him. ever since then, there have been glimpses of the state but the whole "i love kylie" thing is just... *sighs*... hey kotz, do you still have the little red riding hood kylie pic?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
it's true, you are washed up. after 13 name changes and a bunch of shitty references to jason lee, how can you not be washed-up? join the club.

Ahem, its shitty references to Chevy Chase...get your head out of your ass before you try to insult me.

so, your varyious avatars of jason lee and the whole banky holden gimmick (dating back to the smarks board) wasn't you? gee, i knew the fletch gimmick sucked but we were def. trying to keep that dead corpse six feet under.

...yes.

I've never ever has a Banky/Holden gimmick...but I am flattered you thought of me in regards to it.

And Chevy may come back, just for this mysterious TSMAdmin.

Don't push me, fucker...your authority doesn't scare me. I can talk all the shit I want....in here.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

The State owned, and not a day goes by where I don't miss it with all of my being. I had immense fun during that whole thing, and nothing has even touched its greatness since its death.

That is all.

I would have to agree 100%. the state was a genius idea that ended when kotz's hubris got the best of him. ever since then, there have been glimpses of the state but the whole "i love kylie" thing is just... *sighs*... hey kotz, do you still have the little red riding hood kylie pic?

And I seriously thought people were getting bored with it.

And yes, I do still have the picture:

2002redcape.jpg

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

I used to be past my prime, but now I'm beyond even that seeing as i never post but am always on the boards.

But, meh.

Guest Loss

I'm a total has been. I look back at posts I made in 2001 and I'm convinced I've lost brain cells between then and now.

Guest TheGame2705
I'm a total has been. I look back at posts I made in 2001 and I'm convinced I've lost brain cells between then and now.

Aye

Guest Choken One

I've become a shell of what I once was...

Hell, I can't even post whore properly these days...

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You're the champion of the music folder. That's how awesome you are.

Guest Choken One

Me or Inc?

I'm certain you meant the latter?

I mean I'm just a dumb Caputo loving fucker...Inc is well..Inc.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

And you know I'll never quit. Even if half of you dies every time..you'll never be fully dead.

Have I told you Congratulations yet? I think I have.

Champ.

I think the crowd around you has lost brain cells and hence, it's killed the desire to put forth much in the way of posting, yourself, although I still think it's good stuff when you do post.

In the eyes of some, I'm probably washed up, but that's only because I'm seen as nothing more than negative. Of course, that just comes from the part of me that remembers these boards being filled with intelligent discussion and some great threads.

My theory is this: most of the posters that made those boards so great grew up/moved on. Jay Bower's an excellent example. There was a time when he was a regular poster like me or you and wasn't even really regarded as that great of a poster for the longest time. By time he was being regarded as a great poster, he'd put most of his focus on his columns and rarely posts anymore.

In the place of these people who have moved on, are younger kids who're on their parents computer, regurgitating opinions they've heard elsewhere and presenting them not only as their own, but as facts. I'm aware I'm not too much older than a lot of these kids, but I've been around long enough and have already gone through my "growing pains" on the boards.

I think the fact that wrestling has been in a downward spiral for the two years really hurts things, as well. I don't think it's a coincidence that these boards were at their best during the same time that wrestling was also at its best. When there's good stuff out there to discuss, discussion is good. When it's bad, you've got the same old complaining about this and complaining about that, and even though it's justified complaining most of the time, it grows old.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now, since this has become more about why message boards aren't as great as they once were instead of posters that have hit their peak. I just thought I'd share some thoughts and theories with you, to see if anyone felt the same way.

Guest Loss

I'd say Game has gotten worse, but that would have required him being good at some point. So congrats, you, you're still just as relevant as you were the day you started posting on the old EZBoard.

Past my prime, and my prime wasn't really all that good anyways. I'm like a checking line winger who's dropped down to the 4th line, with the occasional healthy scratch thrown in.