TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I Hate Ray

Guest Ray
Nowhere in that post did you mention it being about in-ring abilities.

You said 'Professional Wrestler' which means their job as a whole.

So Mic Skills are relevant.

Professional wrestler: one who WRESTLES professionally.

Guest Memphis

Ray.

What an utterly worthless human being. Kind of a trend around here, isn't it?

MeMphis

Guest Random Hero

^

Cock Sucker: one who SUCKS the cock

You know that doesn't even make sense. Actual wrestling is only part of a professional wrestlers job today. You more than anyone should know that, because it's the reason your beloved Benoit will never be a world champion in WWE.

Guest Random Hero

Benoit is better. Benoit's actual wrestling ability is far greater than Nash's. Nash's mic skills are better than Benoits, but the gulf between them isn't as great as it is between their wrestling ability. So on the whole Benoit is better.

Guest The Old Me

Ray, you dumbshit. Benoit is about exciting anywhere outside of the ring as watching paint dry, or watching you argue the postion of Benoit. These days Ray, you must have the total package, which Benoit does and always will lack. In this day and age, he's not world championship material Ray. Deal with it.

Guest JacK

^

Fuck that's GOLD!

And yeah, EVERYONE hates Ray, ya know, because he hates EVERYTHING. Bitch bitch bitch, that's all he ever does. Bitch about TNA putting on the show they advertise, bitch because he hates Kurt Angle for some reason, just always. It's Bitch Life!

Guest Goodear

Maybe if Banky didn't say dumb shit like Angle was a better worker than Benoit because he has Olympic gold medals, Ray wouldn't have to pin his ears back. Also if everyone actually listened to what Ray actually said instead of being all 'OMG YOU HATE ANGLE YOU SUCK!' we would be a lot better off.

Look Angle is a fun wrestler to watch and I don't think many people would deny that. But his matches simply don't hold up on a 'good wrestling' if you look at them with the least bit of scrutiny. His selling is spotty at best and terrible at worst and his matches have virtually no pyschology in them in the slightest.

Anyway, Eddie is better than both Benoit and Angle now... so meh.

Guest Rob Edwards
Ray, you dumbshit. Benoit is about exciting anywhere outside of the ring as watching paint dry, or watching you argue the postion of Benoit. These days Ray, you must have the total package, which Benoit does and always will lack. In this day and age, he's not world championship material Ray. Deal with it.

Based on ratings can you say Angle is?

Guest Memphis

^

Fuck that's GOLD!

And yeah, EVERYONE hates Ray, ya know, because he hates EVERYTHING. Bitch bitch bitch, that's all he ever does. Bitch about TNA putting on the show they advertise, bitch because he hates Kurt Angle for some reason, just always. It's Bitch Life!

Shut up, bitch.

Guest The Old Me
Ray, you dumbshit.  Benoit is about exciting anywhere outside of the ring as watching paint dry, or watching you argue the postion of Benoit.  These days Ray, you must have the total package, which Benoit does and always will lack.  In this day and age, he's not world championship material Ray.  Deal with it.

Based on ratings can you say Angle is?

Angle is the epitomy of world championship material. He can wrestle (no, not as good as Benoit), he is entertaining outside of the ring and can cut promos.

Guest Random Hero

Angle isn't the reason ratings are down. It's all the stuff that goes on around him that's the shits. Anyway Angle's hardly been given the ball to run with has he?

Guest The Old Me
Which would be why he's drawing such massive numbers?

Okay HBK drew shit numbers, so did Hart, but they both had the whole package. Are they both shit?

Dumbass, Benoit would draw JACK SHIT if given a run.

Guest Rob Edwards

When did I say Benoit would

Steve Austin would be the total package of awesome draw and awesome wrestler

Guest The Old Me
When did I say Benoit would

Steve Austin would be the total package of awesome draw and awesome wrestler

You're right, the old Austin would. I'm simply telling you Angle is the better package than Benoit ever be. You never said Benoit could draw like crazy, I simply stated that Angle could outdraw Benoit any day.

Just because someone is getting crazy ratings like Austin does not mean they don't have the whole package. Not drawing is due to their fucking creative having their heads stuck up their asses and wrestling not being the "cool" thing to follow anymore.

Guest Rob Edwards

Only to a smallish extent, there'll always be a large potential audience for wrestling, that WWE pulls in these potential viewers depends on how fresh and exciting it keeps it's uppercard which depends on the workers being pushed and the storylines being used

Benoit's streets ahead of Angle in ring, Angle's streets ahead on the mic, I'd call it fairly even, I dont see why Benoit shouldn't get a transitional reign though, who better to make the new star look like a god when taking the belt?

and as good as Angle is at comedy has he ever really cut an impassioned money promo ala Austin, Rock or Foley?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Maybe if Banky didn't say dumb shit like Angle was a better worker than Benoit because he has Olympic gold medals, Ray wouldn't have to pin his ears back.  Also if everyone actually listened to what Ray actually said instead of being all 'OMG YOU HATE ANGLE YOU SUCK!' we would be a lot better off.

Look Angle is a fun wrestler to watch and I don't think many people would deny that.  But his matches simply don't hold up on a 'good wrestling' if you look at them with the least bit of scrutiny.  His selling is spotty at best and terrible at worst and his matches have virtually no pyschology in them in the slightest.

Anyway, Eddie is better than both Benoit and Angle now... so meh.

I was totally messing around when I was proclaiming Angle's superiority because of gold medals. It was more of a shot at Ray and his ridiculous Benoit love. I can't stand people who go out of their way to be wrestling snobs, its so pretentious. That is Ray.

Guest The Old Me
Only to a smallish extent, there'll always be a large potential audience for wrestling, that WWE pulls in these potential viewers depends on how fresh and exciting it keeps it's uppercard which depends on the workers being pushed and the storylines being used

Benoit's streets ahead of Angle in ring, Angle's streets ahead on the mic, I'd call it fairly even, I dont see why Benoit shouldn't get a transitional reign though, who better to make the new star look like a god when taking the belt?

and as good as Angle is at comedy has he ever really cut an impassioned money promo ala Austin, Rock or Foley?

I liked Angle as he was leading up to NWO against The Rock before WM X-7. Some of the promos he cut there were great. And if you guys can't tell, the WWE will not push a "smark" choice, as we count for shit of their entire viewing audience. Marks think Benoit cannot get past IC or US title level, besides the occasional World Championship match, which he will fall short. Unless WWE pushes Benoit, and the fans rally behind him ala Austin in 97', he's not getting the belt.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Angle/Benoit vs. Mysterio/Edge (No Mercy) was better then Austin/Benoit.

Guest Ray
And yeah, EVERYONE hates Ray, ya know, because he hates EVERYTHING. Bitch bitch bitch, that's all he ever does.

Yeah....I hate everything....

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Ray, Benoit's 10 Germans killed the match for me. I mean...

1.) It's a farce to believe that at a world class level of wrestling 10 of the same move in a row would work without being countered at some point. Especially by the man who in kayfabe terms was the best wrestler in the world.

2.) It cheapened the move itself.

Guest Choken One

The problem with Benoit is, Besides the fact he has zero ability to carry a interview and his "intensity" makes him look stupid on countless levels.

He has an embarassing look, To present him as the head of WWE would be equal to presenting Warrior as the champion...You showcase him and any non watcher will see and think this

"God, Look at that Roided Up Freak, Wrestling is so phony"

While Angle has a more natural look as does Brock.

I'm very critical of image and I couldn't imagine Benoit promoting WWE events ala Rock, Austin, Angle, TBS whom are the best personalites WWE has, even Hunter comes off looking good when not in Kayfabe mode. Undertaker has become a solid personality as he isn't that "dead zombie" anymore...but just your standard biker.

It's more then just wrestling ability in the business of wrestling, it's about image...

Benoit has ZERO postive images to sell, hasn't shown ANY evidence of personality, and unlike Austin, Rock, Angle, or even Hunter, can't get the crowd behind him unless he busts his ass for 20 minutes...That's not what you want in your champion, You want a guy that gets a reaction right away...

Some Might argue, Wrestling's in a down period right now so why not just reward one of the best ever right now since it doesn't matter, That's real shitty business thinking right there "Well, Business isn't going well, Let's just get that transitional title run for a meaningless purpose".

Benoit doesn't need the world title, it doesn't define you, Ron Garvin is a World Champion, a transitional one at that and yet not many even recall that reign. If Benoit ever won the WWE title, it would be equal to Garvin's world title run...

Guest The Old Me
The problem with Benoit is, Besides the fact he has zero ability to carry a interview and his "intensity" makes him look stupid on countless levels.

He has an embarassing look, To present him as the head of WWE would be equal to presenting Warrior as the champion...You showcase him and any non watcher will see and think this

I'm very critical of image and I couldn't imagine Benoit promoting WWE events ala Rock, Austin, Angle, TBS whom are the best personalites WWE has, even Hunter comes off looking good when not in Kayfabe mode. Undertaker has become a solid personality as he isn't that "dead zombie" anymore...but just your standard biker.

It's more then just wrestling ability in the business of wrestling, it's about image...

Benoit has ZERO postive images to sell, hasn't shown ANY evidence of personality, and unlike Austin, Rock, Angle, or even Hunter, can't get the crowd behind him unless he busts his ass for 20 minutes...That's not what you want in your champion, You want a guy that gets a reaction right away...

Some Might argue, Wrestling's in a down period right now so why not just reward one of the best ever right now since it doesn't matter, That's real shitty business thinking right there "Well, Business isn't going well, Let's just get that transitional title run for a meaningless purpose".

Benoit doesn't need the world title, it doesn't define you, Ron Garvin is a World Champion, a transitional one at that and yet not many even recall that reign. If Benoit ever won the WWE title, it would be equal to Garvin's world title run...

I think you just made Ray's head explode.

Ray...fucking peckerhead.

Guest Choken One

I'm very critical of image and I couldn't imagine Benoit promoting WWE events ala Rock, Austin, Angle, TBS whom are the best personalites WWE has, even Hunter comes off looking good when not in Kayfabe mode.  Undertaker has become a solid personality as he isn't that "dead zombie" anymore...but just your standard biker.

I think you just made Ray's head explode.

Ray...fucking peckerhead.

Is this a good thing?