TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just J

Some matches I want to see!

Guest Just J

This isn't a list ... not really ... but a thread to hear (read) what matches you all see in your crystal balls.

[insert lame joke]

Anyways, I'm gonna go out on a few limbs here, so bear with me.

1: Kurt Angle vs. Bret "The Hitman" Hart

From a business standpoint, I cannot see Vince allowing Kurt to talk about Hart as much as he has been over the past few months unless something is in the works. I know recovery from a stroke is intensive, but it also hinges a lot on your conditioning prior to the stroke ... and Hart was in damned great shape so he should be making great strides.

2: HBK vs. Hitman

This speaks for itself. IMHO, it would bring with it the kind of attention ... not mainstream ... that Tyson's involvement in WM did. Disenchanted fans would return to see this one thinking it would put Montreal to rest (finally). HBK has proven that he still has something left in the tank, and Hart's style prolly won't have been affected by his stroke (IF, and only IF, he has recovered to the point where he feels he can put on a show that will not tarnish his legacy ... *points to most of his work in WCW*)

3: Goldberg vs. Lesnar

How can this NOT happen? It's as inevitable as "Jericho/Goldberg", "Hunter/Goldberg", and Goldberg wearing the title. Like him or not, this match could sellout a PPV arena on its own.

4: RVD vs. Booker T

Yeah, I smell a Heel Turn incomming for RVD. Like someone else pointed out recently, the guy's act is as stale as seeing a McMahon wrestle on a PPV. Despite any fan appeal he had in ECW, he always had the arrogance factor and that's something they've minimized to an extreme in WWE. Also, if his back is okay, Booker's mini-tourney with Benoit back in WCW proved he can hang (okay, so Benoit slowed it down for him, but still ...). Plus there's very FEW faces on RAW, so unless they ship RVD to SmackDown (which is HIGHLY improbable because ... well ... it just makes too much sense to send him over to feud with Eddie, Benoit, Matt, etc.) so Booker will have to do ... as well as ...

5: RVD vs. Jericho

... there's a double-turn? Hey, like most of you, I think Jericho absolutely sucks as a Babyface. I still remember those God-awful skits with him and Benoit right before they went to the ring. The word "homoerotic" comes to mind immediately. The way they'd look deeply at each other withotu saying a word ... *shudders*

HOWEVER ...

Since the general feeling is that Jericho is the MVP of RAW, he's the only person who would be able to handle being the main face on the show. Booker, formerly the main face of Nitro, has been reduced to a sideshow minstrel ... gogo spinaroonie! ... and there's no one else on the RAW roster (well, no one who doesn't have leather skin) who has a proven track record as a face (and even Flair's brushes with babyfacedom were only in small doses)

6: Orton vs Helmsley

If they're serious about Orton's push ... and if Hunter is serious about wanting to beat the heel portion of the roster now that he's beaten every face ... then this is the next logical step. Unfortunately, in order for it to make ANY sense whatsoever, Hunter will have to job a few times in order for "The Legend Killer" gimmick to stick. The chances of the feud happening are far greater than the job happening .. especially since clearly the "Hunter-ition" of the word "rub" means just being in the same ring and screw laying down.

7: Benoit vs. Jericho

feh ... Benoit is not even 2nd Tier anymore on SmackDown ... get him over to RAW as either a face or heel and put him in the ring with Jericho (because there's no way Hunter will step in the ring against this guy ever again)

Anyways...

even with as large as the WWE roster is...

I really don't have any thoughts for any other feuds simply based on the track record of how the bookers have put guys together (for example: Cena is wasted on SD as well ... get him over to RAW and in the ring against Jericho and Goldberg)

Oh well...

next!

I'd rather Hitman stayed away.

Vince is the kind of man who would pull the screwjob yet again for his own amusement and hope it boasts business.

Plus if falling off a bike gives him a stroke like this, I'd rather not see him risk it. The Hart family is getting very close to a Von Erich curse at this point.

Move it, whatever. I'll stick to my current WWE ones in case.

Benoit/Lesnar - This has potential to be Brock's best match, both guys can bump for eachother and are willing to sell.

Eddy/Lesnar - Their smackdown match a while back seemed to be somewhat of an off night for Guerrero, this seems a more likely program than the above, yet it remains to be seen if they'll ever bother with a REAL push as long as taker's around.

Eddy/Show - Surprised they haven't done this yet, can't see anyone else pulling *** out of Wight, and if he's willing to sell (and he usually is, bless 'im) this could be something. It will, of course, be Eddy using everything and it's mother to win, whilst bumping all over the place. As long as he goes over (he will, I'm fairly sure) it can't be too big a disaster. They've put more stock in Eddy than they did with Rey, that's for sure.

As or Goldust/Orton, I think that you need someone with more unique offence to get a good run with Dustin. He's a good worker but just a bit too vanilla to carry people as bland and green as orton on his own. I'll say this though, I dug Goldust/Rico at insurrextion.

5: RVD vs. Jericho

... there's a double-turn? Hey, like most of you, I think Jericho absolutely sucks as a Babyface. I still remember those God-awful skits with him and Benoit right before they went to the ring. The word "homoerotic" comes to mind immediately. The way they'd look deeply at each other withotu saying a word ... *shudders*

I dunno about homoerotic, but those were probably the most annoying skits in the history of pro wrestling. They'd do stuff like this every week:

*Jericho is in his locker room warming up, when in walks Benoit!*

Benoit: *shoves Jericho* Hey man!

Jericho: *shoves him back* Hey! How are ya!

Benoit: *slaps Jericho's chest* Fine! *Slaps it again* And yourself?

Jericho: *Shoves Benoit and slaps his chest* Fine! *pulls Benoit close and looks him in the eye* Thank you! *shoves Benoit away*

Benoit: *slaps Jericho's chest* So tonight's a big night, huh?

Jericho: *Shoves Benoit* Yup! *slaps Benoit's chest and rubs his head* Tonight we fulfill our destiny!

Benoit: *slaps Jericho in the chest* I know, man! I know! *chops Jericho's chest* Who woulda thunk it...back in the days of the ECW...*slaps Jericho's chest again* all the crap in the WCW...*slaps him again* after all we've been through, that we would reach this night! *looks Jericho in the eye* You ready?

Jericho: *glares intensely at Benoit* Oh...I'm ready! *slaps Benoit's chest*

Benoit: *slaps Jericho's chest*

Jericho: *slaps Benoit's chest*

Benoit: *glares at Jericho* Good...so what will it be...Chutes and Ladders...*slaps Jericho's chest* or Candy Land?!

Jericho: *chops Benoit* I dunno...*slaps Benoit* I'd rather play Monopoly!

Benoit: *Glares at Jericho and slaps Jericho* I call thimble!

Jericho: *glares at Benoit* Good...let's do this!

*Benoit and Jericho take turns slapping each other before exiting the room*

I think Goldust did well in the wrestlemania match against RVD.

William Stephan Regal or whatever name he shall be using should be the manager for Chris Nowinski. It worked well the last time they worked together. I would like to see Nowinski get a heel reign as IC champ.

I think Goldust did well in the wrestlemania match against RVD.

William Stephan Regal or whatever name he shall be using should be the manager for Chris Nowinski. It worked well the last time they worked together. I would like to see Nowinski get a heel reign as IC champ.

True, Regal's ideal, maybe teach him some chain wrestling and that would rule. I liked them as a team. Surprised he isn't managing La Resistance, though I guess our government is dumb as well so it wouldn't work.