TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Hot Thumbtack In The Eye

Dave Grohl's metal project

PROBOT: Music Posted Online! - Sep. 25, 2003

A "PROBOT player", featuring streaming selections from FOO FIGHTERS frontman/former NIRVANA drummer Dave Grohl's much-anticipated metal side project PROBOT, can be accessed at this location (user name: probot, password: warlock).

PROBOT's debut CD (view cover artwork by VOIVOD's Away) — which features Grohl, ex-ZWAN guitarist Matt Sweeney and FOO FIGHTERS producer Adam Kasper accompanying some of metal's most celebrated and respected vocalists, including Lemmy (MOTÖRHEAD), Cronos (VENOM), King Diamond (MERCYFUL FATE, KING DIAMOND), Tom G. Fischer (CELTIC FROST), Snake (VOIVOD), Wino (ex-ST. VITUS, THE OBSESSED), Mike Dean (CORROSION OF CONFORMITY) and Eric Wagner (TROUBLE) — is tentatively set to surface before the end of the year through Southern Lord Records.

Among the tracks that are set to appear on the 12-song effort are the following:

01. Dictatorsaurus (feat. Snake)

02. Centuries Of Sin (feat. Cronos)

03. Access Babylon (feat. Mike Dean)

04. Sweet Dreams (feat. King Diamond)

05. Ice Cold Man (feat. Lee Dorrian)

06. My Tortured Soul (feat. Eric Wagner)

07. Big Sky (feat. Tom G. Fischer)

08. Emerald Lies (feat. Wino)

09. Shake Your Blood (feat. Lemmy)

Speaking to Time magazine in early August, Grohl said of PROBOT, "It's not a platinum seller, it's not going to change the world. It's just my tribute to all those guys I worshipped when I was 16."

Samples from the album

Name: probot

Password: warlock

I must say it doesn't set the world on fire, but it is better than I expected.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm glad he's outwardly calling it what it is. At first glance, this reminds me of Tony Iommi's solo cd in a way, only with someone much less talented this time. Wasn't Sweeney also in A Perfect Circle? Or was that the other guy? I know the bass player chick was.

Mike Dean's voice is very good. It's too bad that Corrosion Of Conformity has gotten collectively worse over the years. Still decent tunes, but nothing like they used to be.

I'll have to check this out. Lemmy and Cronos are on it. LEMMY and CRONOS. THE godfathers of metal vocals.

I wonder what Zakk Wylde will say about this album, haha.

The samples sound entertaining, though i won't buy it unless it's cheap or used (or both). Nothing amazing, but it seems like it will be a great listen. I though Max Cavalera was dropping some vocals on it.

Mike Dean's voice is very good. It's too bad that Corrosion Of Conformity has gotten collectively worse over the years. Still decent tunes, but nothing like they used to be.

I'll have to check this out. Lemmy and Cronos are on it. LEMMY and CRONOS. THE godfathers of metal vocals.

I wonder what Zakk Wylde will say about this album, haha.

"This muthafucken album is a fucken piece of shit and Dave Grohl can't write metal for fucken shit, muthafucka, get me a fucken beer."