TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

There's another reason why Bonds walks so much. Umpires will NEVER call borderline strikes against him. There were two pitches in that at bat right over the middle at the knees including "ball" four.

You know, as a Marlins fan and having watched the entire game, there is nothing you can really say about today's game. You want Pierre to come down with that ball in the 8th, but the fact of the matter is that it was irrelevant. Schmidt was unhittable tonight and 1-0 was all that he needed.

I just have to take comfort in the fact that no one in the Giants rotation is even in the same universe as Schmidt.

And tomorrow is another day. Good game though. Beckett has turned potential into results and that is great.

Guest Choken One

Never makes a difference to me, Fox, ESPN, ABC, CBS, NBC whatever the fuck...Just show the game...

No Announcers annoy me enough and all the graphics and shit are about equal...

Holy Lord. Fick's error now has cost them three runs and Wood of all people is the one to get the runners in after the Simon gamble didn't pay off. I was about to curse everything to hell when Bako grounded into what should have been a double play but went crazy when Fick dropped it. Ortiz is out now and the Braves' pen is good but it's certainly nice to see them at this point. If Wood can keep what he's been doing up, this could be good stuff.

P.S. Wood's wife is hawt.

Honestly, though, how many pitchers are able to throw 100 pitches in a game? It can't be many more than just Wood, can it?

My one note from this game is that Atlanta should have their team taken from them. When there is that much support for the visiting team in a playoff series there is something wrong.

I don't have a problem with Thom Brennerman, he seems fine. Steve Lyons seems like he's watching a different game some of the time, or not even paying attention.

Honestly, though, how many pitchers are able to throw 100 pitches in a game? It can't be many more than just Wood, can it?

That's just the problem. I'm not so sure throwing well over a hundred pitches an inning is an apparent skill. Its something that screams to me, "Dr. James Andrews on line 2."

Johnson, Schilling, Halladay, Colon, Hudson, Mussina, Vazquez, Prior...I'm out.

I think the typical no.1 on a staff averages around 105-110 pitches per game. Unless your name is Kevin Millwood where you only average around 60.

Once you get around the 125+ mark is where you get the problems. That is what he was throwing his first couple years and what most of the Marlins pitchers were doing that cost them to blow out.

I don't have a problem with Thom Brennerman, he seems fine. Steve Lyons seems like he's watching a different game some of the time, or not even paying attention.

Brenneman I actually like...he's the best announcer they have, by far. Lyons makes me want to throw things at my TV.

Honestly, though, how many pitchers are able to throw 100 pitches in a game?  It can't be many more than just Wood, can it?

Johnson, Schilling, Halladay, Colon, Hudson, Mussina, Vazquez, Prior...I'm out.

OK. Now might be a good time for me to mention my sarcasm.