TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Guest Putty
Well at least this guy won't be paraded around like a hero like that little shit from the Yankees game a few years back.

I remember seeing that kid on the Rosie O'Donnel show right after he "won" the series.

I actually think she gave him gifts.

Guest Choken One
Well, let's just pray for what's most important.....

That the kid wound up taking the foul ball home. Because if he did, *whew*, that was worth sacrificing the World Series for the Cubs.

The fan Caused ONE run...the players caused the other 7.

That the kid wound up taking the foul ball home. Because if he did, *whew*, that was worth sacrificing the World Series for the Cubs.

No, the fan caused the whole difference in the game. The pop fly to Sosa was the third out if that happens, and it's still a tie game.

It's a chain effect. If it were not for that fan, there would have been no run scored. Thanks to him, it wound up snowballing to 8 runs. Sure, Gonzalez screwed things up but they shouldn't have been in that situation. The fan caused it with his COMPLETE and UTTER stupidity.....and now he's going to wind up paying for it.

You know, I realize that it's an excruciating loss and, as a fan, you're frustrated nearly beyond words.

But don't try to sit here and post pictures of nooses and other instruments of death when you know full well that you would have reached for a ball in the NLCS if you had a chance to grab it.

You've got Wood going tomorrow at Wrigley.

If Alou makes the out, Lowell (that's who it was, right?) doesn't get the hit and there's 2 outs with a runner on 2nd. The whole dynamic of the game is changed. Now, ALL the blame doesn't go to the fan, but if he gets out of the way and Alou catches it, I think the Cubs would have won.

Guest Choken One

at least baker made sure that we knew that it was mainly for fault but like a idiot he blames the fan and not his own ass for leaving Prior on

You know, I realize that it's an excruciating loss and, as a fan, you're frustrated nearly beyond words.

But don't try to sit here and post pictures of nooses and other instruments of death when you know full well that you would have reached for a ball in the NLCS if you had a chance to grab it.

You've got Wood going tomorrow at Wrigley.

Er.....I wouldn't.....

....but then again, I know how to actually think.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Dusty blames the fan at the press conference!

Even he's fallen prey to the curse. Cubs are truly fucked.

If it meant taking an out away from my team, I'm getting as far from that ball as I can. Most thinking fans would.

Guest Choken One

Does it matter? The fan didn't do anything anyone else hasn't done before...Gonzo whom is supposdedly one of the best shortstops in the game botches what should have a surefire double play or at least one...

It's all three people's fault...You can't put ALL the blame on The god damn fan here.

Guest Choken One
a_cubfan_ft.jpg

HELLO!

What about those other fans with their hands in the air?

So it's not like he was the only one...

Castillo was the one who hit the foul ball. And thank god we've got Wood going tomorrow, but it's just tough to see the game fall apart in a matter of less than five minutes. You can blame them for leaving Prior in there for too long, but Farns is the one who gave up four more runs to put it out of reach.

a_cubfan_ft.jpg

HELLO!

Then we'd be calling for their head. As it was, that dumb shit is the one who got his hands on it.

a_cubfan_ft.jpg

HELLO!

Are we looking at the same picture?

He's the only one whose hands are anywhere close to that ball.

Guest Choken One
a_cubfan_ft.jpg

HELLO!

but they are all reaching for it aren't they?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Choken these are Cubs fans you're talking to. Don't bother.

Blame the fan. Again. CHAIN EFFECT. The ball would have been caught. Sosa would have caught the pop-up. 3 outs. Cubs would have clinched.

The Cubs got disoriented and, rightfully, pissed off after being screwed over by the fan. Which led to the catastrophe. Surely the Cubs players made mistakes. But the fan LED them to this, and should be blamed first and foremost.

Guest Choken One

CHAIN EFFECT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GONZO BOTCHING THE EASY DOUBLE PLAY!

The players should be able to make one of the easiest plays in baseball and Gonzo failed to do that...The fan had nothing to do with the play after...

He didn't make Gonzo botch it did he?

a_cubfan_ft.jpg

HELLO!

but they are all reaching for it aren't they?

Not exactly. Only that one guy in the gray jacket looks to even have his hands out and, for all you know, it could have just been a bad pose.

Everyone else has a brain and kept their fucking hands away from the ball!!