TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

CHAIN EFFECT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GONZO BOTCHING THE EASY DOUBLE PLAY!

GONZO SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN THAT SITUATION, IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT FAN!!

We're obviously disagreeing when it comes to this, and the argument just keeps going round and round to the same points.

Guest Choken One
t1_fan_ap.jpg

Yep...Three sets of hands reaching for the ball...hell Didnt the guy in the gray bump the "fan" anyways...

Guest Choken One
And how many runs scored on the botched DP? Zero.

Forget it. Choken's in no-sell logic mode.

How many outs would have happened if he did the play correct...TWO...

They had ONE. Then that would have been it...

THAT cost them the game...and thus loaded the bases...

Guest Dmann2000

Question...if that fan has tickets to tomorrow's game....and some crazy rich guy offered him 2 million dollars to go to the game tomorrow...should he take it?

The catch...he has to wear Marlins pariphanelia

Guest Choken One

The Bottom Line is this...

The fan screwed up one play...The Chicago Cubs did the rest of the damage to themselfs...

Chain Effect is merely a myth...

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
And how many runs scored on the botched DP?

and how many runs score on a foul ball?

Seriously, this is the worst game I've ever seen and I've watched the Cubs religiously for nine years. If that doesn't say something I don't know what does.

You must not have been around in 1984. Believe it or not, that was worse than this one. At least Wood can still salvage this thing tomorrow night.

I just hope the Cubs don't let this fuck with their heads too much. Put it out of your minds guys, or there is NO hope.

I think I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow. I feel like I need to throw up.

Guest Choken One
its so sad that we were so close to getting Cubs Red Sox as the World Series and now we'll end up with Marlins Yankees.

FOX Execs: Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

well...NY is always a good market...but yeah Anything cubs would been SB like numbers...

Guest Choken One

One, I believe...

and the Missed DP loaded the bases...which lead to them blowing the gates open...and the fan had nothing to do with the other 7 runs.

Marlins-Yankees will draw worse numbers than last year's Series, and will cost fox any momentum they might have had in building a viewership.

I know I won't be watching; it'd just be too painful.

Guest Choken One
Marlins-Yankees will draw worse numbers than last year's Series, and will cost fox any momentum they might have had in building a viewership.

New York still gives you a good market...Twice the size of last years Team combinded ya know...and people still hate the Yanks...

I know I won't be watching; it'd just be too painful.

Oh, don't worry. Much of New York won't. The front-running Yankee fans won't. The Mets fans and other fans won't. It will basically be the serious Yankee fans.....which is large, but not enough to save a TV rating.

Fox is screwed. Amazing we went from a Cubs/Sox Dream Series to the Marlins/Yankees Series from HELL!

The Marlins could probably beat the Yankees, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. But its just not as interesting as Cubs Red Sox or Cubs Yankees.

And the Marlins winning their SECOND World Series in their brief existence would somehow be amusing considering how many the Cubs/Red Sox have over the last 85-95 years.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

NO runs score on a foul ball. It's like the whole damn play never happened. So you can either:

A. Get on with your life and get Castillo out...you know, like good teams do.

B. Freak out and collapse when you're 5 outs away from the world series, then blame it on a fan and a goat. *cough*cubs*cough*

One, I believe...

and the Missed DP loaded the bases...which lead to them blowing the gates open...and the fan had nothing to do with the other 7 runs.

All right, ONCE MORE...if Alou catches the ball, here's what happens:

- Castillo is out, giving the Marlins a runner on second with two outs.

- Rodriguez singles home the first run. Runner on first, two out.

- Gonzalez muffs the ground ball, putting runners at first and second with two outs.

- Lee doubles, scoring Rodriguez. 3-2 Cubs, runners at 2nd and 3rd, 2 out.

- Farnsworth walks Lowell. Bases loaded.

- Conine flies out. Cubs lead 3-2 going to the bottom of the 8th.

The fan thing sorta reminds me of the whole Jeffrey Meier thing again, epsecially when it comes to how much momentum it sapped out of the Orioles. The Os had game 1 in hand easily and then WHAM! Yankees tie and win the game in some sort of wierd blur. I knew after that game that the Os had no chance to win the series (and it was only game 1). The Cubs don't have much of a chance..

New York still gives you a good market...Twice the size of last years Team combinded ya know...and people still hate the Yanks...

That's one market, not even a tenth of the country. No one's going to watch a Series just to see one team lose...they want to cheer for a team, and not enough people are going to tune in to see the Marlins.

Wow, that was sad. I click over, content to see Cubs leading 3-0. Turn back. 3-3. Wow. Change channel, come back, EIGHT TO THREE. Like, what the hell?

I don't blame the fan, I'd do the same thing and then probably see if I could get it autographed.

Anyways, so Jeter supposedly taunted someone in a disrespecting fashion? Huh? Can someone tell me about that?

Guest Choken One

That's one market, not even a tenth of the country. No one's going to watch a Series just to see one team lose...they want to cheer for a team, and not enough people are going to tune in to see the Marlins.

I didn't say it would be HUGE but NYY is a large market and you got a lot fans across the country...

It'll do better than last years.

Guest Choken One
Wow, that was sad. I click over, content to see Cubs leading 3-0. Turn back. 3-3. Wow. Change channel, come back, EIGHT TO THREE. Like, what the hell?

I don't blame the fan, I'd do the same thing and then probably see if I could get it autographed.

Anyways, so Jeter supposedly taunted someone in a disrespecting fashion? Huh? Can someone tell me about that?

U must be outta your damn mind...

I were that fan? I'd book a flight to Iraq because he has a better chance there

If it meant taking an out away from my team, I'm getting as far from that ball as I can. Most thinking fans would.

Heh. "Thinking fans," eh? Your devotion to your team is heartwarming, but you're so sure that, given the chance to catch a piece of history, you're going to take your eyes off the ball to make sure your hands aren't in the field of play?

Besides, there's no reason that Cy Young Candidate Mark Prior couldn't have just struck him out on the next pitch, is there?

You can run with potential scenarios in either direction.

I didn't say it would be HUGE but NYY is a large market and you got a lot fans across the country...

That's not saying much, given that it was the lowest-rated Series in 514 years. This Series will be down around Subway Series levels.

If it meant taking an out away from my team, I'm getting as far from that ball as I can.  Most thinking fans would.

Heh. "Thinking fans," eh? Your devotion to your team is heartwarming, but you're so sure that, given the chance to catch a piece of history, you're going to take your eyes off the ball to make sure your hands aren't in the field of play?

Besides, there's no reason that Cy Young Candidate Mark Prior couldn't have just struck him out on the next pitch, is there?

You can run with potential scenarios in either direction.

Why would I want to catch "a piece of history" if I knew a member of my team could catch it and make history? If you're sitting in the first row, you have to know that anything you can catch, a player can probably catch, too.

I make a play for the ball if the opposing team is in the field, but definitely not when my team is in the field.

Guest Choken One

That's not saying much, given that it was the lowest-rated Series in 514 years. This Series will be down around Subway Series levels.

514 years? I remember the classic Pilgrims/Explorers game back in 1694...REVENGE OF COLUMBUS! Damn Mayflower Bitch got her mitts on that ball and thus have cursed the Pilgrims ever since...

I'll say it's slighty above the Subway Series as well..

514 years? I remember the classic Pilgrims/Explorers game back in 1694...REVENGE OF COLUMBUS! Damn Mayflower Bitch got her mitts on that ball and thus have cursed the Pilgrims ever since...

I'll say it's slighty above the Subway Series as well..

OK, that made me laugh. :lol:

Still, the Subway Series was the second-lowest ever. In fact, the only comparable recent series in terms of teams, Yankees/Padres, was the third-lowest Series ever.