TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Downhome, that is so ignorant. Totally not like you.

Different owner, different situation. How could they revive baseball in the city when the owner didn't give a shit and the team quickly disbanded. That WON'T happen and some of the Marlins best prospects are still in the minors.

Their affiliates won just about every minor league championship this year. Just wait.

Yep. I quit caring when Florida advanced.

Season's over for me as far as I'm concerned.

So I hope Fox is prepared for not-so stellar ratings, especially if the Yankees come back tomorrow.

-Ben

It ended the innocence that baseball was great for, It showed that baseball was truely a game for corporation profit seeking assholes, who didn't care about the game or fans...just their pockets...

The 1997 marlins basically said FUCK YOU to the fans of the game.

The 1994 strike did that just fine. There was no "innocence" left by 1997 to destroy.

Guest Choken One

Different owner, different situation. How could they revive baseball in the city when the owner didn't give a shit and the team quickly disbanded. That WON'T happen and some of the Marlins best prospects are still in the minors.

Their affiliates won just about every minor league championship this year. Just wait.

It doesn't Matter...The Florida Marlin franchise effectively stabbed the integrity of the game into it's already fragile heart in 1997.

The country has no affection for the franchise, they might have a fun bunch of guys but the country and a large part of the baseball fanbase refuse to see Florida waltz into another w.s

Yeah, I'm rooting for the Sox. Got to end SOME curse this year.

Otherwise, we get Yankees/Marlins. And besides Yanks fans and Marlins fans, NOBODY wants to see that.

You said the exact same shit earlier that people said in 1997.

I have no faith in baseball in Miami untill they can prove me wrong. If they keep this team together next year and actually are worth a damn, then I'll change my opinion.

People said a lot in 1997, same things that have been said this year. It's time for the Marlins to shut up the critics, and that's that.

<----I've been waiting 17 years for the Sox to win the Series, since I was born. My grandfather who passed away eariler this summer at the age of 76 never saw the Sox win.

Come on Boston.

My dad passed away two months ago. Of course, he never saw the Cubs or Sox win anything, grew up near Wrigley and everything. I actually thought that this year was different. I know the feeling of hoping they can win it for a deceased family member.

Guest Choken One

I like the players and coaches of Florida...I don't like the franchise untill I can see they TRUELY commited to change...

Talk about a game of the year...

Game 7, Yanks vs. Sox. Clemens vs. Pedro II.

I'd say that's a game of a lifetime.

Just imagine if the Sox DO win... Clemens' last game will be against the team he came of age with... sending him off to retirement, defeated by the man picked to replace him... as that dude from the other evil empire says "The pupil has now become the master..."

Guest BobbyWhioux
It ended the innocence that baseball was great for, It showed that baseball was truely a game for corporation profit seeking assholes, who didn't care about the game or fans...just their pockets...

No No No No NO.

The Marlins didn't say that.

WAYNE HUIZENGA, the owner of the Marlins, said that by dismantling the team, which he did to punish the peasant fans for not voting to tax themselves to build a monument [new ballpark] for the feudal lord [team owner] so he said "Screw you guys" and sold off the team.

And yes, Wayne Huizenga is a fucking piece of shit.

But that's not the players' fault.

Guest Choken One
phone_img.gifEd Bartman, (847) 272-6624, 3085 Koepke Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062 Yahoo Maps MapQuest

I'm driving.

Go find Gonzo's Home first. Then make a quick stop to Dusty's home..

Guest Choken One

No No No No NO.

The Marlins didn't say that.

WAYNE HUIZENGA, the owner of the Marlins, said that by dismantling the team, which he did to punish the peasant fans for not voting to tax themselves to build a monument [new ballpark] for the feudal lord [team owner] so he said "Screw you guys" and sold off the team.

And yes, Wayne Huizenga is a fucking piece of shit.

But that's not the players' fault.

I didnt say the players did I said the Marlins as in the franchise...

phone_img.gifEd Bartman, (847) 272-6624, 3085 Koepke Rd, Northbrook, IL 60062 Yahoo Maps MapQuest

I'm driving.

If you were worth anything, you'd delete that shit.

Seriously, just stop it with this guy. I'm as pissed as you are, but don't fucking post his personal information for everyone to see. I don't give a fuck if others do it, you shouldn't lower yourself to that of a twat.

If anyone tries anything on the guy, I hope he breaks their neck in self defense.

Yeah Fla was Jeffrey Loria now... not much of an improvement.

Yep. You want to talk about rape? Jeffrey Loria raped the Montreal Expos franchise and left it for dead. Yeah, he'd be a great guy to win a title. I will cheer for the Yankees before I cheer for this asshole.

Guest Choken One
Yeah Fla was Jeffrey Loria now... not much of an improvement.

Yep. You want to talk about rape? Jeffrey Loria raped the Montreal Expos franchise and left it for dead. Yeah, he'd be a great guy to win a title. I will cheer for the Yankees before I cheer for this asshole.

Great Fucking Point right there...

Steinbrener is more class then this guy...at least he STAYS commited to winning at any costs...

Speaking of shitty owners..I would also never root for Daniel Snyder to win a title. I have my reasons.

People need to get off that fan. Yeah sure, bash the guy, whatever...but when u want to kill the man..I say fuck you.