TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

I'll have to say that I agree with you Angelslayer.

Aaron F'n Boone's name will live on in infamy in terms of Yankee history even if he never does anything significant again. And you can bet that this game will be replayed for years to come on the YES Network.

By the way, I do believe that this thread qualifies as a classic...

Dames

Guest FrigidSoul

Aaron F'n Boone's name will live on in infamy in terms of Yankee history even if he never does anything significant again. And you can bet that this game will be replayed for years to come on the YES Network.

Dames

Living 45min due west of Boston I'm going to say that with this Playoff series the fellow Red Sox fans will think of Grady Little's idiocy more than Arron Boone's homer. I mean people have hung "Kill Grady" signs off the Mass Pike already

In terms of Yankee history, he'll be remembered. Does anyone remember the circumstances leading to Bucky Dent's homerun? It's mostly the HR that people talk about.

Dames

Guest FrigidSoul
In terms of Yankee history, he'll be remembered. Does anyone remember the circumstances leading to Bucky Dent's homerun? It's mostly the HR that people talk about.

Dames

Once again, living in Mass I know all too well

in the 1978 season The Red Sox were up as many as 11 games headed into the final month. Don Zimmer was manager and he completely blew it apart doing stupid shit like playing about 2 bench players a game and regulating Bill Lee to the bullpen because he didn't like him. Well the Yankees tied us on the final day of the regular season sending both teams into a one game playoff at Fenway where Bucky "Bleeping" Dent hit a two run shot to take the lead and kill the Red Sox 1978 season. Don Zimmer being buddy-buddy with Steinbrenner over those years and eventually leaving and later joining the Yankees made alot of people believe he conspired to give the lead and the pennant over to the Yanks.

It may have been 4 years before my birth but you don't live in Mass without hearing about the downfall of the 1978 Red Sox season

Aaron Boone = Chris Chambliss

Both hit walk-off home runs to win the league championship series.

Living in Kansas, I can assure you Royals fans have never refered to him as Chris "Fucking" Chambliss

But then again, KC finally got over the Yanks in '80, and got their WS win in '85, so they have nothing to be bitter about now... except for Paul Glass' tight checkbook

This thread would have been even more classic if we allowed WS talk to continue in here. Oh well.

if this thread is going to be locked soon, let me conclude with stuff I've been saying ever since I predicted the Marlins would win the wild card, back in the first WEEK OF JULY...

They are better than you give them credit for, and that includes just about all of you. Yankee fans are expecting a cake walk, and that my friends is not going to happen.

Go Marlins.

How is this thread classic. That's like saying Shane Douglas vs. Tully Blanchard was classic, just because it lasted an hour. Not that this thread is bad, but I don't remember anything memorable about it.

Guest Choken One

How the fuck is the Buffy Thread a classic too?

This one reached the same levels quicker.

Dames

This is funny looking back on this post. Is Boone even remembered after the basketball debacle and the Red Sox comeback in 04?

Guest NYankees

Dames

This is funny looking back on this post. Is Boone even remembered after the basketball debacle and the Red Sox comeback in 04?

Boone is still remembered. The Yes network and the ballpark show his homerun a ton of times throughout the season. Yankee fans do remember the fact that was pretty much his only hit as a yankee and his unclutch world series., especially in game 4.