TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

Would a trade be good

You think he's magically going to go from US champ to World title contender in a span of about two monthes? My, that's pretty ambitious. When's the last time that's happened?

Brock was fucking around with the IC champ in June of 02.

And Eddie is so above the US title as this point it's laughable.

He was never going for the title though. He was just feuding with RVD for filler until his WORLD title shot at SummerSlam. The IC title was an afterthought. It was clear that he was the number 1 contender for the world title.

And I know Eddie is above the US title, but is WWE willing to admit that?

I think it would give more of a each show is differnt aspect. And i mean what better stip for the vince steph match then the winner gets a wrestler from the others side. I mean, atleast then something good could come from the match.

They should just ship Kurt Angle to Raw for HHH and be done with it.

Kurt can rebuild Raw's workrate and carry Austin's sorry gimp ass in the promo department as well as give them someone to build around who isn't damaged goods. PLUS he'll have better selection of oppenents (Jericho, RVD, Christian, Kane, Booker T, HBK) on Raw than on SD, where it's the same old Angle, Brock, Big Show, UT jack-off contest every week....

HHH goes to SD where he can have Steph and the post-production crew pipe in cheers for him for his inevitable face run (which will bomb instantly on the live show that is Raw) as well as give us an actual reason for him to go face (save the ex from her daddy).

FURTHERMORE he can work matches on SD with Brock Lesner, Edge, Benoit, and Eddy G and regain his workrate street cred as well as have fresh new opponents after scorch-earthing Raw.

So, send Kurt off to go fuck around with the Raw midcard.

...No.

Has it ever occured to you that Angle will be much more usefull in the midcard of Raw than he is right now on SD, where he's getting ready to jack off with John Cena in a pointless feud designed simply because UT has decided he wants to be main eventing again?

ESPECIALLY since Angle would HELP Raw. As I said, he's doing jack shit now and I'd rather have him on Raw, in the midcard where he can contributed instead of doing jack shit on SD like he's done since this stupid ass roster split came into effect.....

Guest Anglesault
You think he's magically going to go from US champ to World title contender in a span of about two monthes? My, that's pretty ambitious. When's the last time that's happened?

Brock was fucking around with the IC champ in June of 02.

And Eddie is so above the US title as this point it's laughable.

He was never going for the title though. He was just feuding with RVD for filler until his WORLD title shot at SummerSlam. The IC title was an afterthought. It was clear that he was the number 1 contender for the world title.

Angle in 01.

US belt in October, World title tournie in December.

ESPECIALLY since Angle would HELP Raw. As I said, he's doing jack shit now and I'd rather have him on Raw, in the midcard where he can contributed

By laying down for Randy Orton.

No.

Do you want Angle/Brock forever? Besides Taker has improved greatly recently and deserves another shot. It isn't like Taker is going to win anyways. He's fulfilling the Big Show role from the spring.

Cena makes perfect sense. He's in the same uppercard position as Eddy, and Angle is a main eventer. The only other options are Big Show & Charlie Haas as heels at the same level. Maybe, Rhyno if you stretch a bit. But you act like he's feuding with Shannon Moore.

Angle wasn't being built up though. He was already in the main events and was just briefly in upper mid card. Eddie has never been in the main events. Comparing the two is like comparing apple and oranges.

Here is the thing with Eddy. He needed the US Title, because when he first started getting over, he was fresh off a stint in the tag division. He needed to be built up first. Since then, he's been dominant, including a big win over Cena and successfully defending both titles in the same night. Currently, approximately 1/4 of each show is built around him and he is more over than RVD was in 2001. He can easily move up, if they choose too. Although personally, I would have him win in the main event of Wrestlemania. He has that much potential at this point.

I believe he's ready as well. But this isn't about what I think or believe, it's about what WWE is willing to do about it. They all the opertunities in the world to make Eddie huge. Will they, though? Interesting how you brought up RVD 2001, because the situations are pretty similar. Hopefully, WWE will actually take advantage and push Eddie like there's no tomorrow. And admittly, they are on their way. But are they willing to put him in the main events in the next two monthes? I don't know. If they push Eddie properly, he could be huge. He's entertaining, he's loved, he's a great wrestler, he's pretty good on the mic (even with the accent he's been saddled with), and his character is refreshing.

Guest Anglesault
Do you want Angle/Brock forever?

God I hope they don't. For what ever reason, they have made this one of the most Godawful storyline feuds on earth. At least one of them was a useless moron for the whole duration of it.

Cena makes perfect sense. He's in the same uppercard position as Eddy, and Angle is a main eventer. The only other options are Big Show & Charlie Haas as heels at the same level. Maybe, Rhyno if you stretch a bit. But you act like he's feuding with Shannon Moore.

He gonna enter a feud that will probably primarily be based on bad comedy with spectacularly average (at best) matches that will in no way help either guy.

Break out the streamers.

IT won't nessesarly be comedy. Personally, I think the only comedy will be Cena's cheapshots in his raps. The start of the feud was fine. There was no comedy, no useless segments. Don't worry AS, I don't think Cena will get pictures of Angle and write messages on the back of them, if that's what you're afraid of.

Guest Mulatto Heat

It'll either be comedy or the generic "I'm going to kick your frickin' ass" face promos that Angle has been reduced to.

He didn't even have the decency to let Cena finish his rap! It certainly would have made the segment more interesting. ^_^

Guest Anglesault
IT won't nessesarly be comedy. Personally, I think the only comedy will be Cena's cheapshots in his raps. The start of the feud was fine. There was no comedy, no useless segments. Don't worry AS, I don't think Cena will get pictures of Angle and write messages on the back of them, if that's what you're afraid of.

No, I think we'll end up with an extended version of that Angle/Cena skit we got last month.

Jesus Chick, keep up with the writer's awful comedy ideas. You're a year and a half behind.

Guest Anglesault
If it can't be a comedy angle, or a 'I'm going to kick your freakin' ass" angle, what can it be?

Forgotten? Dropped?

Guest Mulatto Heat

I was quite literal when I wrote that. Don't forget the "generic" part.

Let's look at the feud that this is supposedly the next coming of: Bret/Austin. Full of "kick your ass" promos, but none were run-of-the-mill or generic. They were full of emotion, hatred and disrespect, that I don't see happening in this upcoming feud, at all.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Me neither, CC, but apparently that's the word on the street. In fact, waiting for the bus yesterday, I overheard two kids saying the exact same thing! Then they fought over who they thought was going to win the blowoff. :lol:

Guest Anglesault
AS: I don't think that's going to happen, so any ideas genius? :)

None. I can't think of a way that both can come out of this unscathed, let alone someone's status improving.

AS: I don't think that's going to happen, so any ideas genius? :)

None. I can't think of a way that both can come out of this unscathed, let alone someone's status improving.

So let me get this straight: Angle shouldn't face mid carders, and only main eventers. So, in essense, on Smackdown, he should only face Undertaker and Brock. Whoops, they are feuding with each other! So, without facing someone on a 'lower' level than him, he has no feud.

Hmm...Brock & Taker are busy...

I know what Anglesault is trying to say. He wants Angle to feud with Vince!

I don't think Angle's big enough for that yet. Anyways, he has a feud with the super hot up and comer, Steph!

Problem with the trading would be that they would overdo it. It wouldn't be one trade it would be one after the other and they'd shoot their wad, totally giving away all the matches we haven't seen in a while and might as well kill the split. They can't have a one trade thing, they have to drag it out into some re-draft.

I'm talking about a feud right now, not in a month or so when they have time to build someone. The point is that there is no one that Angle could face that is 'on his level', so Cena is a fine and logical choice.

there is nothing wrong with building a superface with the 2nd teir belt and having him get a title shot. If he loses a close one, he still defends HIS title and the credibility is HUGE if the guy holding the belt is a world title contender. If you ask me, that SHOULD be done. A bad ass match hurts NO ONE midcarder, main eventer, or jobber. If the bring the goods for 20+, how is that really hurting anyone?

there is nothing wrong with building a superface with the 2nd teir belt and having him get a title shot. If he loses a close one, he still defends HIS title and the credibility is HUGE if the guy holding the belt is a world title contender. If you ask me, that SHOULD be done. A bad ass match hurts NO ONE midcarder, main eventer, or jobber. If the bring the goods for 20+, how is that really hurting anyone?

I always thought that was a good mentality. But then again, even though the Edge/Angle feud created some great matches, it 'killed' Kurt's credibility.