TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

Would a trade be good

I'm not going to get into this Edge/Angle arguement again, because lord knows I've gotten into it numerous times in the last year and a bit. My point to all this is either Angle has to face someone who is upper mid-card and not main events on Smackdown now. So, he has to face someone "below his level". Or, he could get traded to Raw and spark up the World Title scene. Or, this whole problem could get solved if WWE elevated some more talent, but apparently, that's too hard of a task for them.

fine, Angle vs Show. Show's a main event heel... although that's a little overdone as well. Hell why can't they have a face vs face feud between Angle and Eddie. It could be a matter of respect thing. And yes, Eddie needs to drop the US title. That can be where Chavo comes in.

I don't think Angle has been consistently built up to be able to give people any kind of rub, and can EASILY be relegated to the midcard because of that lacking. Someone like Rock, HHH, or Austin would never be in the low midcard like Angle/Rey opening SS 02. the inconsistency needs to stop, and I WOULD like to see a trade.

Fine Angle can be traded, but NOT for Triple H.... Hunter doesn't need to stink up the Smackdown rings. That's the good show. Send over Jericho... he's been misused, and I would mark for a Guerrero vs Jericho feud... considering the US title is a little more to Jericho's level than the IC.

Chavo with the US belt would be giving it the Christian treatment. Someone te likes of a Cena or Rey needs that belt, with chavo tryng to capture it for a while, and if he gets over could have it in a blowoff match. He shouldn't be given a belt of the magnitude I THINK they're trying to establish this new US title as.

Fine Angle can be traded, but NOT for Triple H.... Hunter doesn't need to stink up the Smackdown rings. That's the good show. Send over Jericho... he's been misused, and I would mark for a Guerrero vs Jericho feud... considering the US title is a little more to Jericho's level than the IC.

In theory, the US and IC title are on the same level. And if Jericho was traded for Angle, Angle would just take Jericho's place and not, I repeat not, be in the main events constantly. Hell, he would probably a lot worse off.

But you don't want really 2 guys to just replace eachother (Jericho/Angle). You need guys who would really be pushed or really be utilized, and I don't think a trade would give that to Jericho. I'd say he's probably not going to get a big re-packaging anytime soon on ANY show. The last time Angle and Trips were together on Smackdown, Angle was REALLY buried. I don't like him and Trips on the same show, so I guess I wouldnt be happy with a Jericho move to SD or a Trips.

Chick, Show's a main event heel. He's with Vince, ain't he? So Vince could put Show in main events and people would buy it.... (not financially buy but mentally buy)

For a 'main event heel' he sure hasn't made too many main events lately. If you complain about Angle not being a consistant main eventer, there is no way you can even consider Show to be a main eventer.

Basically, if a trade happens it has to be really something different. Someone who is going to get a big push or repackaging. The SD trade for Show saved his career. If you can do that for someone else, go for it. Just swapping show weakness and a lack of confidence in this whole split.

Dan, Jericho FITS the SD mentality.... wrestling! Angle.... fits it too... so I would rather see Jericho be traded for someone else like A-Train or Taker. Taker vs Kane would be decent.

Problem there is Jericho was brought over to Raw to beef up the wrestling for an occasional good match. That was why th Un-americans jumped and Jericho along with them. He's stuck. I'm trying to think along the lines of what actually could happen and not what I dream will happen.

I wasn't complaining about Angle not being a main eventer. Show's main evented a lot this year, and if Vince decides to put him back there, by god, he can.

That wasn't exactly refered to you. I was just using the 'board mentality' sort of speak. A lot of people on this board have this crazy notion that Angle isn't treated like a main eventer, so they don't want him facing 'mid carders'.

Well, true Dan. By this theory, the perfect candidates are Lance Storm, Goldust, Hurricane, and maybe La Resistance..... imagine La Resistance vs WGTT

La Resistance vs. WGTT would suck. You know why? Because La Resistance sucks.

Edge needs to get well soon, and he'll have the momentum to really produce. Benoit and Eddy need to be pushed REAL hard, and a person or two needs to turn heel. THEN you will have something on the SD side. There is nothing wrong with 6 or 7 strong guys at the top. That's why there are 3 sections in the card. smackdown is going through a shades of grey time because of one thing. EVERYONE is a FACE. It is ridiculous. When Brock, Vince and Show are all you have to work with, that sucks.

Edge said he got like six months left to go. Benoit=perfect heel candidate, Do his violent asshole shtick he did against Rock and we got a good angle.

CC- Of course Resistance sucks.... which is why they need a good repackaging, good rub from a good team

I would like a heel Benoit if he gets pushed, but HATE a Benoit heel title run. Benoit has gotten SO close for so long and never had a rightful long run, and to see him get a flash in the pan heel run would be sickening. He has to get that momentum he had around RR 03 (or the momentum that Eddie found) and win the title then. It would seriously be a travesty if his 1st and possibly only title run wasn't built up as something great, and not just a flavor of the month heel/face encounter.

I would like a heel Benoit if he gets pushed, but HATE a Benoit heel title run. Benoit has gotten SO close for so long and never had a rightful long run, and to see him get a flash in the pan heel run would be sickening. He has to get that momentum he had around RR 03 (or the momentum that Eddie found) and win the title then. It would seriously be a travesty if his 1st and possibly only title run wasn't built up as something great, and not just a flavor of the month heel/face encounter.

I somewhat agree with you, but at this point, any world title reign for Benoit would be a good one. It would be a travisty if the guy retired without a world title run.

My idea for a Benoit heel run.... have Benoit flip out on one of the big heels (A-Train) and crippled him. Then he decides to go after the cruisers, cripple them. Then he moves up fast.... he's just out of control, so Vince orders Angle vs Benoit.... and Benoit gets the best of him... then he targets the champion, and eventually, wins. He goes a good while as the champion, with the faces on his ass, then he loses it to someone like Eddie.

My idea for a Benoit heel run.... have Benoit flip out on one of the big heels (A-Train) and crippled him. Then he decides to go after the cruisers, cripple them. Then he moves up fast.... he's just out of control, so Vince orders Angle vs Benoit.... and Benoit gets the best of him... then he targets the champion, and eventually, wins. He goes a good while as the champion, with the faces on his ass, then he loses it to someone like Eddie.

So in order to build Benoit, you would have him kill off other wrestler's momentum? That doesn't seem quite fair.