TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The theme music decline.

I wouldn't be surprised though. After all, is it not a coincidence that since last year, HHH has gained so much more clout that he's had any other male, long-haired wrestler (excluding HBK and Nash) cut their hair off?

What about Edge, Rhyno, and Kanyon?

Guest wildpegasus
If you want bad lyrics, just listen to Big Show.

Get ready for somethin' that you'll never know.

You won't see it comin', but I promise you'll know.

I love Big Show's theme. I haven't met anyone yet who's not able to resist singing the lyrics to it.

It's "Evolution is a mystery". I like it, then again I'm a Motohead fan, you have to get used to Lemmy's voice.

I can understand the lyrics in "The Game." It's just that the lyrics are uncomprehendable in "Evolution." Plus, Lemmy sounds fine in the studio. However, when you hear him live and haven't heard a song before you can't tell what the hell he's saying.

RollingSambos: I think our lyrics are better.

I wouldn't be surprised though. After all, is it not a coincidence that since last year, HHH has gained so much more clout that he's had any other male, long-haired wrestler (excluding HBK and Nash) cut their hair off?

They're on Smackdown, HHH is on Raw. However, if I see Edge come back with a Christian-esque haircut, I'll probably be wrong about that theory. The only way HHH got to Bradshaw is because before he recovered from the bicep injury, he used to be on Raw.

I have to agree with my fellow old-school metal mark, AndrewTS (at least I THINK it was you that used to have Eddie in your sig a while ago). Lemmyt is great in-studio, but live, you can barely hear a fucking word he says besides his introduction before the first song. Which, of course, is the legendary "We are Motörhead, and we're going to kick your ass." Still an awesome band, and "Evolution" is a great theme (so fuck you, AS :D).

My favorite themes in WWE are all on SmackDown.

Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, and John Cena (best theme in WWE today).

I agree with whoever said that using some old themes for newer workers (maybe RRR?), like Roberts' theme (which just owned), would go over pretty well.

And, as a general thought, I've noticed most composed-for-wrestling themes these days (WWE and TNA, since not many other US promotions compose themes specifically for their wrestlers) are pretty bland. TNA has some great themes, like 3 Live Kru's, AJ Styles', and The New Church's. But the rest are just really bland (Raven's is borderline, because it'd be great if the "chorus" didn't suck).

I have to agree with my fellow old-school metal mark, AndrewTS (at least I THINK it was you that used to have Eddie in your sig a while ago). Lemmyt is great in-studio, but live, you can barely hear a fucking word he says besides his introduction before the first song. Which, of course, is the legendary "We are Motörhead, and we're going to kick your ass." Still an awesome band, and "Evolution" is a great theme (so fuck you, AS :D).

Yeah, saw 'em live at the Post Gazette Pavillion in Pittsburgh (Motorhead, Dio, and Iron Maiden played :headbang: ).

Was a great show, but since I'm not as familiar with Motorhead as the other two, the newer songs I didn't know (picked up Hammered afterward. Didn't know they released it until then). Lemmy's voice sounds slurred live. It doesn't seem to lend itself to a live performance well at all for some reason.

The ones you know you can sing along, because you know what he's saying even if you can't exactly tell what he's singing at the moment.

I like the theme, but the lyrics suck. They probably did what they did with "The Game" and had the lyrics written by some one in WWE. However, the lyrics aren't much of an issue since you can't hear 'em anyway. Making up goofy lyrics is a lot of fun, so I can't say I really hate that aspect of it.

Also--yup, love the old-school metal. You're half-right--I had the Rock in Rio cover in my sig for a while which has Eddie in it. I had Bruce as an avatar for quite a while as well.

I'd also pretty much agree on your favorite SD theme choices, except I'd throw in Los Guerreros'. I wish that Gowen's theme didn't start out like Cena's, though.

It took a while for RVD's theme to grow on me, since the intro sounds like a toilet backing up. It's no Pantera, natch, but it's okay.

Edited by AndrewTS

Guest JRE
Lil' Kim is Trish's favorite female rapper and Coach's theme owns.

What is that NOISE that Lita uses

"Lovefurypassionenergy" by Boy Hits Car

Apparently he didn't hit the car hard enough

...That a horrible, horrible attempt at a joke.

Anyways, download that whole song....I like it. it's just the entrance version cuts right into the screaming part. It's not new at all by the way, Lita was using it before the injury.

You know what theme rules? RODNEY MACKS! Yes it does.

And Jericho and RVD?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame
It's all production music. JJ doesn't even write 90% of this crap.

He writes a fair bit of it.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Yeah, but who cares? The opening lyrics are so captivating that I imagine they just blew their creative loads then and there.

You know what theme rules? RODNEY MACKS! Yes it does.

Its not too bad, I just think its funny how they use the beat of "California", the theme that was used for WM 2000.

I actually like Boy Hits Car as a band... the lyrics are somewhat crazy... as they have a song called "As I Watch The Sun Fuck The Ocean"

...but it's melodic and can drown you if you let it...

so because of that... Lita's theme doesn't sound THAT bad to me... you just have to get the whole song I guess.

I remember a time where real effort was put into every entrance song. I would find myself tossing and turning at night trying to get the Radicalz music out of my head. Same thing with T&A. They were simple tunes that had a lasting effect.

Now the music is completely forgettable. When I saw WWE live, half the time I wouldn't know which wrestler's entrance it was unless I saw the titantron (and of course when the wrestler appeared on the stage).

On a side note, I really like the Evolution theme. It's fitting for them, and it's easy to make fun of.

I haven't heard Lita's new song yet, but I really liked her old OLD song "It Just Feels Right."

Guest BDC
I actually like the Evolution theme...its not bad all.

Then maybe you can explain wht "Evolution is a Time Machine" means.

No, it's "Evolution is a pissed Marine."

That... is gold.

And the Taker theme would be a decent tune if the word "ass" didn't show up like every 3.5 seconds.

RVD's "One of a Kind" by Breaking Point and Benoit's "Whatever" by Our Lady Peace definitely top my list.

As for Lita's, you can listen to the whole song. Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, but go right ahead, the opening sounds better than the God-cursed second they cut in for her intro.

Yeah, but who cares? The opening lyrics are so captivating that I imagine they just blew their creative loads then and there.

Indeed. ::cranks it up and turns on the lights::

You all think today's theme music sucks, and yet you forget The Young Stallions coming to the ring to "Crank It Up"?

Guest Memphis

Triple H & his kick ass theme music (both his and his stables) > All of you combined.

Not that I should care, but it drives me INSANE that the FBI have that horrific techno demi-song instead of just using the mamalukes' theme. I quite like the intro to Cena's, and Christian's (the 1st version he had) but that's about it.

John Cena's song has everyone beat. Evolution is an awesome song. I'm not saying the lyrics are the greatest, but it's still awesome.

HHH's theme will always be great.

And how about for some praise for Eddie and Chavo??

WE LIE! WE CHEAT! WE STEAL!

Guest Just J
Triple H & his kick ass theme music (both his and his stables) > All of you combined.

^Best post of this thread!^

Guest Dmann2000
Our Lady Peace played the Benoit theme song second in their set in Cleveland back in August and it was AWESOME live.

Yes...."Whatever" is a damn good song period, and it took Benoit's previous cool music only track and elevated it...too bad the same hasn't gone for the man.

And OLP have said in an interview they "wished we'd never fucking done that song" because of a reason I forgot.

Guest BDC
And OLP have said in an interview they "wished we'd never fucking done that song" because of a reason I forgot.

Probably wrestling fans on thier case.

But then, it's such a sweet song.

Probably trying to sound cool and mainstream by distancing themselves from wrestling -shrug- -_-

It wouldn't surprise me. I think more bands should take advantage of wrestling by doing songs for wrestlers.

In contrast to OLP, I managed a two minute chat with Josey Scott of Saliva after a gig in Feb and we had a chat about wrestling - said he loved performing at WMX8 and that being involved with wrestling with some songs (Click Click Boom, Superstar, Always) had helped them out.

And how about for some praise for Eddie and Chavo??

WE LIE! WE CHEAT! WE STEAL!

As much as I like them, their current theme sounds too racist to me, just like anything WWE does with Eddie Guerrero (speaking in the Cheech & Chong accent, riding in a lowrider down the ramp, etc.).