TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Fantasy NBA League?

Dawn I'll make the same deal with you. My first round, for your second round.

I'd like that to go down really badly.

I'll accept, I'll get two first rounders back to back which'll be nice if there are any quality Centers left. I could always pick up a great PF with the #14 or something too

And it works for me as I'll get two get the 3rd and 4th pick of the second round. I'll be picking up anything that gets missed.

Choose wisely people. You could get screwed by either Dawn or myself. :D Oh and Dawn, if you want, I'd be willing to make any trade that helps you and I out.

Shit... We've got problems with Thursday now... Crap.

...ok, this choose a date thing isn't working out well... *thinks*

Ok. I've got an idea. We will start the draft next week on October 9th at 4pm MST (7pm EST). However, it'll run from then til October 23rd at 4pm MST (7pm EST). Or sooner if the draft gets finished before then.

It runs over the period of time. I will make a post of how the rounds work, who's got what pick. This will be what is up during drafting time:

a) Poster who's pick is up will post "I choose G Tracy McGrady for Pick #1, Round #1". And yes, you'll have to put down that down to make it official. And yes, the player must be bolded, italicized and underlined as well.

b) Any trades that people wish to make during the draft like "I'll give DawnBTVS, Tracy McGrady and my third round pick for Shaq and her fourth round pick". Just in case anyone feels like making a trade during the draft, ya can. And remember, the trades must be equal in players and in picks. However, trades will not be available when the final rounds start. As by then it's in the books and plus you can make the trades afterwards.

~ This includes offers for trades. So if you fell like wheeling or dealing, make it known.

c) When the first (or any) round finishes, I will post up the results and whose got what pick. No further picks will be accepted until after the results and Picking Roster have been posted up.

Is the above idea a good one for everyone?

Cool by me but erm, so there'll be a separate thread for each round? :huh:

A-Hem...*pulls out the wooden mallet and smashes it against Flik's face* I'm male I tells ya! Crap..wasted post #1500 away...*whacks Flik in the face again to redeem the wasted post*

I think so. We have a month. If we can run a round every two-three days, we shouldn't have a problem. I'm not good with set times with my schedule, but I can always drop in the college computer lab for 5 minutes and make a pick.

I've signed up as 'Better than Utah'. Which i almost certainly am. Whatever the situation with the draft is i'm fine with, i'm almost always available.

And the 3rd pick, it's nice to know i'll definately have at least one elite player on my team.

Edited by Cuban_Linx

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Hm, the stopping by and making one's pick works for me personally. I think. Oh dear God, I admit, the whole process has confused me, so there for I will end up panicking and just drafting a bunch of foreigners with good jumpers and not much else.

Do you want to start the draft tomorrow (Friday) or over the weekend?

After the attempt at the Smart Marks mock NFL draft in April, I think it was learned that you can never start too early for something like this.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Team Failure is in. No I don't know why I went with that as a name, but it'll probably fit us by the end of the season.

How many people do we got here now who are part of the draft? We might be able to get some of it done now.

Ok... Since the trading of picks is confusing the hell out of people, I'm taking it out. Plus, a lot of people didn't really understand WHY I traded a higher pick (13th pick of Round 1, 13th Pick Overall) for a lower pick but for back to back picks (3rd Pick of Round 2, 16th Pick Overall). Yes, it is a little lower, but not really much and I figured the gamble would weigh things out. However, as I said, the trading of picks and stuff is confusing people, so I'm taking it out.

And no Dawn, I'm not creating a whole thread for each new round. I just won't be accepting picks until I present who chose what after each round.

Oh and for a cleareance on who gets what pick in what round, I'm putting out the whole Draft Choosing Roster:

1st Round:

1) Marvinslunatic

2) Agent Bond34

3) Cuban Linx

4) the pinjockey

5) Will Scarlet

6) Mindless Agression

7) Mr. J

8) alkeiper

9) razateca

10) Smells the ratings!!

11) Sandman9000

12) cartman

13) Lightning Flik

14) DawnBTVS

15) alfdogg

16) Dangerous A

2nd Round:

1) Dangerous A

2) alfdogg

3) DawnBTVS

4) Lightning Flik

5) cartman

6) Sandman9000

7) Smells the ratings!!

8) razateca

9) alkeiper

10) Mr. J

11) Mindless Aggression

12) Will Scarlet

13) the pinjockey

14) Cuban Linx

15) Agent Bond34

16) Marvinslunatic

3rd Round:

1) Marvinslunatic

2) Agent Bond34

3) Cuban Linx

4) the pinjockey

5) Will Scarlet

6) Mindless Agression

7) Mr. J

8) alkeiper

9) razateca

10) Smells the ratings!!

11) Sandman9000

12) cartman

13) Lightning Flik

14) DawnBTVS

15) alfdogg

16) Dangerous A

4th Round:

1) Dangerous A

2) alfdogg

3) DawnBTVS

4) Lightning Flik

5) cartman

6) Sandman9000

7) Smells the ratings!!

8) razateca

9) alkeiper

10) Mr. J

11) Mindless Aggression

12) Will Scarlet

13) the pinjockey

14) Cuban Linx

15) Agent Bond34

16) Marvinslunatic

5th Round:

1) Marvinslunatic

2) Agent Bond34

3) Cuban Linx

4) the pinjockey

5) Will Scarlet

6) Mindless Agression

7) Mr. J

8) alkeiper

9) razateca

10) Smells the ratings!!

11) Sandman9000

12) cartman

13) Lightning Flik

14) DawnBTVS

15) alfdogg

16) Dangerous A

6th Round:

1) Dangerous A

2) alfdogg

3) DawnBTVS

4) Lightning Flik

5) cartman

6) Sandman9000

7) Smells the ratings!!

8) razateca

9) alkeiper

10) Mr. J

11) Mindless Aggression

12) Will Scarlet

13) the pinjockey

14) Cuban Linx

15) Agent Bond34

16) Marvinslunatic

7th Round:

1) Marvinslunatic

2) Agent Bond34

3) Cuban Linx

4) the pinjockey

5) Will Scarlet

6) Mindless Agression

7) Mr. J

8) alkeiper

9) razateca

10) Smells the ratings!!

11) Sandman9000

12) cartman

13) Lightning Flik

14) DawnBTVS

15) alfdogg

16) Dangerous A

8th Round:

1) Dangerous A

2) alfdogg

3) DawnBTVS

4) Lightning Flik

5) cartman

6) Sandman9000

7) Smells the ratings!!

8) razateca

9) alkeiper

10) Mr. J

11) Mindless Aggression

12) Will Scarlet

13) the pinjockey

14) Cuban Linx

15) Agent Bond34

16) Marvinslunatic

Final Round:

1) Marvinslunatic

2) Agent Bond34

3) Cuban Linx

4) the pinjockey

5) Will Scarlet

6) Mindless Agression

7) Mr. J

8) alkeiper

9) razateca

10) Smells the ratings!!

11) Sandman9000

12) cartman

13) Lightning Flik

14) DawnBTVS

15) alfdogg

16) Dangerous A

Does that help everyone understand how the draft will go?

OK~! Sorry about being away for so long, but I found out that I had today not off. So I was at work and couldn't make a formal announcement.

Actually, the draft will be starting here shortly as it's "pick as you go". Time for the draft will be 4pm MST, 7pm EST tonight. Now then, don't panic about it being so sudden. Season starts at October 27, so the draft ends then (or earlier if finished earlier).

Confused? Let me explain further.

Basically, it's not dependant on what time, but rather when you are available to do so. So say it's third round, pick 14 (since DawnBTVS is a good example) and the pick happens over the weekend. Since we all know Dawn will be unavailable till Monday, the pick will not happen till Dawn returns.

Now then, this might cause problems. So I must (since I am the Commish) be notified of any extended absences like DawnBTVS's, and there is a three day limit to that timeline (might be a little more in Dawn's case, and only his).

[Choko: Note to Dory, Dawny is a guy. Dummy]