TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

More people watched Coach/JR than RVD/Xian

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Second Question.

If he goes on several well known radio programs and makes various statements that lead people to believe he wants to get himself fired.

a- Why Hasnt he been fired.

b- Why the hell has he IC Belt, when i can think of at least five people more over than he is who the belt would help

I'd love to see who the five people are.

I get Jericho...but he has other things going on with Austin.

The IC division is literally Christian and RVD.

Kane was the biggest ratings loser...so it can't be him.

Why is the belt on RVD? Because they need someone to main event all the house shows that Goldberg doesn't work

Good god how big is the ass on that Williams sister in Ripper's sig?!?

Meanwhile, those ratings are just depressing, no matter how you interpret or justify them.

Just big enough....just big enough...

Why the hell has he IC Belt, when i can think of at least five people more over than he is who the belt would help

Humour me.

-Hurricane (Over, Talented, Doesnt Blow Spots on a frequent basis, also doesnt publicly bitch about been left off the WM Main Card)

-The Big Red Retard (Still Moreover, despite Shane's Interference)

-Christian (Carried the Entire Ladder Match)

-Tommy Dreamer (Over, Semi-Talented, Never Complains...ever)

-Teddy Long (Humour Me)

Every single one of those people is less ready to be IC champion than RVD is.

Hurricane is pushed as too small...

Kane is the opposite of the draw he was before Shane (LOOK AT THE DROP!!!)

Teddy Long???

Tommy Dreamer??? Is the IC title going to be the darkmatch title?

Christian was a good choice.

You guys act like the IC title actually means something. He might as well have the Women's Belt for all the cred the IC Belt has right now. The previous champ needed help to beat a fucking announcer.

Very true...but they'll push the IC title as special for the next few months out of sheer necessity.

Goldberg doesn't work often enough...and the IC title will have to carry house shows and probably every other RAW.

They had to put it on someone that people at least care about...and that left Jericho and RVD.

Then Stick it Jericho, who might not be the office favourite, but at least is a draw, and isnt a liability to the company

Now that its mentioned, I'm shocked the ladder match came off as the main event instead of the tag match.

Very true...but they'll push the IC title as special for the next few months out of sheer necessity.

Goldberg doesn't work often enough...and the IC title will have to carry house shows and probably every other RAW.

They had to put it on someone that people at least care about...and that left Jericho and RVD.

They never should have put the World Title on someone who doesn't work houseshows.

Then Stick it Jericho, who might not be the office favourite, but at least is a draw, and isnt a liability to the company

Jericho IS an office favorite. He gets to wrestle each up and coming title challenger, does whatever crap they ask him to do and puts up with it, drags good matches out of nearly anybody, has a positive attitude, and has been willing to try to get angles over however possible, if not in the ring on the mic.

He's just not considered an option to be champion.

So, do we finally accept RVD is NOT a draw???

And before the RVD Freaks jump on me, hear me out, if he was a draw, and the saviour of the WWE, and at all talented, people, casuals and fans alike would have sat through the JR/Coach match and said...Man, RVD is coming up.

RVD not a draw.

Umm...have you not been paying attention....

1)nobody knew RVD was coming off. It's already been stated that people who watched the entire show forgot he was even wrestling and thought that the Tag Match was the main event. So no they wouldn't have stuck around for RVD.

2) the ratings drop off was from Coach/JR everyone tuned out after that crap. But they gradually came back and it picked up for the ladder match. Which means everyone flipped back and stayed to watch RVD/Christian. The fact that they gained back viewers says something.

3) They've been built up as useless midcarders and this match wasn't even promoted as the main event. So there was no way that they could draw a big number and the fact that they brought back fans in the first place is good.

So what were you saying again? Oh right....nothing.

nobody knew RVD was coming off. It's already been stated that people who watched the entire show forgot he was even wrestling and thought that the Tag Match was the main event. So no they wouldn't have stuck around for RVD.

I can almost buy this excuse.

I actually turned off the TV after the tag match.

However, like any person with a brain who knows how to tell time, I then noticed the clock had a bit to go until 11, and knowing Raw usually goes off a bit after 11, I turned it right back on and remembered Christian and RVD's match.

So Raw lost viewers that don't know how to tell time.

So, do we finally accept RVD is NOT a draw???

And before the RVD Freaks jump on me, hear me out, if he was a draw, and the saviour of the WWE, and at all talented, people, casuals and fans alike would have sat through the JR/Coach match and said...Man, RVD is coming up.

RVD not a draw.

No one expected him to be.

The man hasn't been pushed in almost TWO YEARS.

He just got done jobbing in every feud he's been in this year.

Exactly. Why should anyone expect RVD to be any kind of draw at all when he hasn't done anything but job for the last 18 months. RVD needs a huge push and a lot of BIG WINS to even get close to where he was a couple of years ago, and that is not likely to happen anytime soon. Right now, there is NO DRAW in the WWE. True, some guys may garner .01 or .03 more ratings then another guy, but there is no SURGE in ratings for ANYONE......not even The Rock made a difference the last time he came back.

nobody knew RVD was coming off. It's already been stated that people who watched the entire show forgot he was even wrestling and thought that the Tag Match was the main event. So no they wouldn't have stuck around for RVD.

I can almost buy this excuse.

I actually turned off the TV after the tag match.

However, like any person with a brain who knows how to tell time, I then noticed the clock had a bit to go until 11, and knowing Raw usually goes off a bit after 11, I turned it right back on and remembered Christian and RVD's match.

So Raw lost viewers that don't know how to tell time.

Actually most people probably saw that there were 20 minutes left and thought this..."Well the main event ended early...must be an interview...." because let's face it. What usually happens when a match promoted as the main event ends early??? Usually not another match....an interview usually with Austin or Bischoff.

Guest JMA

They could've given the IC title to Jericho, but that wouldn't been a major step down for him. Hell, even wrestling for the title is a step down for him. Is he even a main eventer anymore? RVD was a good alternative choice (seeing as how they decided to keep Jericho heel).

Guest MikeSC
RVD gets blamed, jobs to Steiner at the next Raw PPV.

They were the ME.

ME gets blamed.

Rob isn't that big a draw.

ECW learned that.

-=Mike

with that line of thinking, Coach and JR are the biggest draws on raw and should ME every show from now on.

WWE knows that they are one-pop deals.

This was Rob's (and, I suppose, Christian) chance to show that they belong at the top --- and they didn't work out.

This isn't like Benoit or Jericho, who drew a good number at FL 2K where they both ME'd and still didn't get the big push --- RVD and Christian didn't draw a respectable number.

-=Mike

RVD gets blamed, jobs to Steiner at the next Raw PPV.

They were the ME.

ME gets blamed.

Rob isn't that big a draw.

ECW learned that.

-=Mike

with that line of thinking, Coach and JR are the biggest draws on raw and should ME every show from now on.

This was Rob's (and, I suppose, Christian) chance to show that they belong at the top --- and they didn't work out.

This isn't like Benoit or Jericho, who drew a good number at FL 2K where they both ME'd and still didn't get the big push --- RVD and Christian didn't draw a respectable number.

-=Mike

You can't compare a Pay-Per-View and a 10 minute overrun on cable TV. They're two totally different situations and, as a situation, they can't be compared on the basis of success. Not to mention Fully Loaded took place in 2000, when there were a LOT more fans watching WWE Television than they are right now, 3 years later. The 3 year difference, and the PPV to free TV comparison, makes it difficult to even compare the two.

Guest MikeSC
You can't compare a Pay-Per-View and a 10 minute overrun on cable TV. They're two totally different situations and, as a situation, they can't be compared on the basis of success. Not to mention Fully Loaded took place in 2000, when there were a LOT more fans watching WWE Television than they are right now, 3 years later. The 3 year difference, and the PPV to free TV comparison, makes it difficult to even compare the two.

You do realize that you've buried RVD here, right?

If Rob can't draw a good number on free TV (well, cable), why would the WWE take a chance on him on PPV?

Jericho and Benoit were doing pretty good numbers on free TV BEFORE they got their shot at a PPV ME. Heck, RVD got a PPV ME and his number wasn't too good, either.

-=Mike

-=Mike

The fact that WWE would give RVD one shot (and one shot only) at "main eventing" and proving he's a draw, while giving guys like Nash, Luger and HHH forever and a day to try and get over on top, speaks volumes about WWE's attitude toward their fanbase.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

The fact that WWE would give RVD one shot (and one shot only) at "main eventing" and proving he's a draw, while giving guys like Nash, Luger and HHH forever and a day to try and get over on top, speaks volumes about WWE's attitude toward their fanbase.

If the crowd didn't pop like NUTS for Jericho "winning the World Title" from HHH (and let's not even attempt to claim that any pop RVD has ever received approached that), he wouldn't have gotten his push. If the crowd didn't pop for Benoit "beating" Rock on PPV (or if the number sucked), his push would've died immediately.

Everybody gets their first shot. And, unfortunately, bigger guys get more chances than smaller dudes.

-=Mike

-=Mike

If the crowd didn't pop like NUTS for Jericho "winning the World Title" from HHH (and let's not even attempt to claim that any pop RVD has ever received approached that), he wouldn't have gotten his push. If the crowd didn't pop for Benoit "beating" Rock on PPV (or if the number sucked), his push would've died immediately.

Everybody gets their first shot. And, unfortunately, bigger guys get more chances than smaller dudes.

-=Mike

The pop when he "beat" Jerhico was ridiculously huge.

Plus, has RVD ever been put in a big match that he didn't job. We would need that to have a comparable moment to judge really.

And although you like to ignore it, RVD/Christian did pop the numbers during their match. THey took it back to respectable after the abyss that the JR/Coach segment sunk the show into. So basically you are saying the RVD/Christian aren't draws because they didn't get all the viewers the rest of the show lost back.

It's a sad day for all wrestling fans out there, when a fat half crippled non wrestler fighting against a black non wrestler gets bigger ratings than an exciting wrestling match it's time for me to choose another form of entertainment.