TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Should pulling the tights even be called cheating?

It's technically against the rules, since it can give unfair amounts of leverage to people who pull the tights.

You could make the same argument about hair - he grew it like that, so why can't the other dude pull on it?

It's a rule, it's always been a rule, so may as well stick at it.

If you want to go derivative, pulling clothing is a technical violation in American folkstyle wrestling (1 point penalty) and illegal in international freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling (1 point caution if offensive, 2 points if it prevents a score, and choice of position).

The only styles of wrestling where grabbing/pulling of clothing is allowed are the jacket styles where the clothing is meant to affect the match, such as Sambo, Glima and Judo.

So it makes sense that, in theory, tights-pulling is an offense, but not one that would require a disqualification.

The one I never got was getting DQ'd for taking off your boot and hitting someone with it. I mean, technically you could leave the boot on and kick the person with much more force than just hitting them with the sole. What's the point?

The one I never got was getting DQ'd for taking off your boot and hitting someone with it. I mean, technically you could leave the boot on and kick the person with much more force than just hitting them with the sole. What's the point?

Monsoon/JR pointed out once that the flat of the boot is legal, the toe is illegal. It's on World Tour 1996. NEVER seen that enforced.

As for the reverse atomic drop, I think it's supposed to put stress on the ass/thighs.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Monsoon/JR pointed out once that the flat of the boot is legal, the toe is illegal. It's on World Tour 1996. NEVER seen that enforced.

As for the reverse atomic drop, I think it's supposed to put stress on the ass/thighs.

Considering thats the only type of kick the females can do.

I actually don't recall anyone ever kicking with the toe...odd. I guess everyone DOES know how to work kick.

so if its illegal to pull there tights when your covering an opponent then shouldnt it also be illegal to grab onto their tights and throw them out of the ring like hogan did to savage at wmV

The one that gets me is the nutshot rule. Every once in a while you see someone get DQ'd for the nutshot. By why is it okay to due a reverse atomic drop? Why is it ok to drop them onto the top rope?

actually, an inverted atomic drop is supposed to affect the tailbone. most people now just don't sell it right.

so if its illegal to pull there tights when your covering an opponent then shouldnt it also be illegal to grab onto their tights and throw them out of the ring like hogan did to savage at wmV

Or for leverage on a vertical suplex.

I just think it's supposed to be 'morally wrong', but it can be interpreted as 'using other means to gain unfair advantage on pinfalls.'

A reverse atomic drop is supposed to affect the tailbone rather than be a lowblow. For dropping people on the top rope, in kayfabe terms, it could be argued that the ropes were just in the way or it was accidental.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Well it is illegal to use the ropes at all as well - a referee should start a count of 5 whenever a wrestler is thrown to the ropes as the ropes are just there to keep competitiors in (much like boxing).