TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

I'm hatin' "I'm lovin' it"

McDonald's used to have fairly complex musical numbers in their commercials, full 60 second productions about the weight of the world getting you down and so forth, which, being the unusual music fan I am, I found great. Once they switched to the jingle, and eventually just a slogan, it's gotten progressively worse. I didn't care for "Have You Had Your Break Today", although it was better than "Did Somebody Say McDonalds?", and now it's at it's worst yet.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Hate that radio commercial. The late night Wendy's commercials make me want to stab as well.

Love em or hate em, in the UK at least, McDonalds commercials have struck me as some of the best produced out there for a long time, using the right celebrities, the right visual jokes, and the right music. This new direction is going to lose them millions. Young, brightly dressed irratating people and horrible techno music with perfectly fucking GHEY taglines mean they just fade into the background.

Hate that radio commercial. The late night Wendy's commercials make me want to stab as well.

You mean "Up Late with Dan & Amanda!" ?

I agree. They make me homicidal.

You know, I thought this new slogan is bad. Like awfully bad.

Worse yet, I WORK there. God, it's awful as hell. I think like 15 people have already said "your commercials suck".

I must say that the SNCF commercial so made me think that it was a Tide commerical or some kinda of cleaning company. Yet, I had the mute button on, so that might've helped.

I still remember the "Good Time for the Great Taste of McDonald's" commercials, myself.

Also, in the commercial where the "kungfu" chick kicks the dude's shake all over him, I wanted to see a nice bitchslap counter.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

You mean "Up Late with Dan & Amanda!" ?

I agree. They make me homicidal.

Yeah, and "Late Night with Lou and Al."

I don't know who these people are, but they deserve the jabbing tip of a awl or bodkin in their major muscle groups.

"My Husband snores like a Banshee."

"Have you tried a classic double with Cheese?"

Tell me how in the fuck the above conversation is supposed to make sense. Especially over the radio. Furthermore, why would this want to make me buy their hamburgers?

Kill kill kill.

I've given up trying to figure out how McDonald's thinks their new ad campaign is going to convince people to go to McDonald's. Hell, half the time I don't even know what the commercial is for until the very end. I'd be going, "Wow, this is a crap commerical. Who thought this would be a good...ohhhhhh."

Guest Choken One

what was wrong with the cute ones with the text on the screen and it disapers into one word like

Life. Good. or something like that....

Guest Putty

Remember the "Do The Arches!" ad campaign with all the people dancing around like idiots?

This remnds me of that.

I'm sick of these commercials that try and promote this "youth of today" crap. I'd hope that kids today know better then to eat shit like McDonalds.

Uh, I eat McD's. Not as much as I used too, but if I've got hunger pains, then I do.

Plus the bastards have no fridge to store food in, so it's like they MAKE us buy their food.

Bastards...

I just can't stand McDonalds, I don't like the food, the service is way slow, and they seem to put cheese on everything...even if you make it a point to say "no cheese on that"

I just can't stand McDonalds, I don't like the food, the service is way slow, and they seem to put cheese on everything...even if you make it a point to say "no cheese on that"

:lol:

Sorry, but do you know how many lamebrains change their orders and fuck with us? I mean, seriously now, it just ain't the guys that are taking the orders that have problems.

I had one customer make 15 seperate changes to a single order. And I was doing drive thru.

Guest hhheld_down

the mcdonalds around my area arent that bad, yeah the food aint the best but the service is rather good, and fries are usually warm. The slogan is awful though.

"Get the door, its dominos" is the worst of them all

But Domino's kicks ass

Blasphemer! But you're from Michigan, where you wouldn't know a good pizza if it bit you in the ass.

"Get the door, its dominos" is the worst of them all

But Domino's kicks ass

Blasphemer! But you're from Michigan, where you wouldn't know a good pizza if it bit you in the ass.

Eat my nuts with a side of coleslaw.

I happen to like Dominos. I liked Ceasers, but I've had their stuff way too much the last few years. And I really like Hungry Howies...but they're a little high.

Guest Choken One

Dominos...c'mon man...if it weren't for their cheap specials...No one would go there

Dominos...c'mon man...if it weren't for their cheap specials...No one would go there

Exactly.

I'm in college, they're LITERALLY down the road, and their shit is cheap.

Plus, I have a high tolerance for crap.

What's not to like?

Sorry, but do you know how many lamebrains change their orders and fuck with us? I mean, seriously now, it just ain't the guys that are taking the orders that have problems.

Having worked fast food back in the day I can understand what you're going through (oh, the stories I have to tell).

However, when I went to a McDonald's drive-thru last week, they made my double quarter pounder a single quarter pounder, despite having been charged for a double QP value meal -- they even had it in the right box, which is why I didn't check it. Basically, if my burger has a special order slip I take their word for it (I hate onions).

I don't understand why McDonalds doesn't accept credit cards at their stores. Instead of making dumb marketing campaigns, this extra convenience would make me visit the golden arches more often -- the Wendy's where I live has credit card access and I go there more than I normally would, as I do Subway.

BTW: Do you have to PAY for your meals? Free food was one of the reasons I stayed at McDonalds for as long as I did...

Having worked fast food back in the day I can understand what you're going through (oh, the stories I have to tell).

However, when I went to a McDonald's drive-thru last week, they made my double quarter pounder a single quarter pounder, despite having been charged for a double QP value meal -- they even had it in the right box, which is why I didn't check it. Basically, if my burger has a special order slip I take their word for it (I hate onions).

I don't understand why McDonalds doesn't accept credit cards at their stores. Instead of making dumb marketing campaigns, this extra convenience would make me visit the golden arches more often -- the Wendy's where I live has credit card access and I go there more than I normally would, as I do Subway.

BTW: Do you have to PAY for your meals? Free food was one of the reasons I stayed at McDonalds for as long as I did...

I actually worked at Taco Bell before Blockbuster and McDs afterwards. With my line of luck, Roger's Video is next.

As for that, it happens my friend. Thankfully, there isn't the excuse of "whoopsie, I fucked up." Solve some problems I have. Mostly likely you probably got served by some newbie in the back and s/he fucked up. Usually what happens. And yes, stupid we still charge. Actually, I once (before I worked there) had to go back to McDs 5 times in a row because the guys in the back kept fucking up my order. All I asked for was no pickle. Then again, they WERE super busy though, so I gave them some credit. The first 3 times... By the fifth, I had my money back for a $30 meal.

So yah, it happens sometimes. Nothing you can really do about it.

As for the credit card, I thought about this, and came to the very simple conclusion. There's about 150 (I think it's more but I'll use that number) countries that have McDs. That's about oh... Let's say about 500 stores per country (cause you know, some countries don't have a shitload of them and others do).

Now lets say about 12000 transactions in a week are credit card. And then let's add the average purchase of food is $10. If you multiply that up, you get nine billion dollars that has to be made sure it's ready. Now my figures are probably a bit on the low side in terms of cash spent a WEEK and then 12000 transactions. But think aobut it. 9 billion dollars a week by credit card? Ok... Maybe the creditors can keep up, but in a year's time they've got to account for almost half a trillion dollars (468 billion for those wondering what my stats are). That's nearly the entire deficit of Canada people (or was it trillion that we Canadian's are in debt?). Do you think the creditors wish to have that on their heads? Sure it might look nice and make them richer than hell, but it's a big thing to have a fuck up happen. Hence why it probably isn't done.

Oh and they actually make more than 468 billion dollars. Just so people know I'm a little less right here than I should be.

At Taco Bell, half price. At McDs it's half price. Still though, I've given up on it. I bought a burger yesterday (our McDeal was BigMac) and I almost gagged as it tasted like the awful bad. The first bite almost made me chuck it out and not feel ashamed I'd do so. Now this may not seem like a big deal to you people, but when I eat, if there IS anything left that can't readily be made into leftover meals, I will eat it even if I'm full. I just do. And even if I don't like that something, I still eat it cause I either a) paid for it or b) it was made by a person I know, and therefore it should be attemtped to eaten because they made it.

I did finish it, but afterwards, I won't eat at McDs again. Not for imitative crap that just tasted so freaking horrid. *shudders* I mean, I could put up with their food but not after that... YUK~!

And I swear to God our new slogan is the shitiest thing out there. WTF is this? Mindbenders R' Us?

Oh, I know there are questions concerning my credit-card idea, but sometimes I wonder if the cash spent on dumb marketing campaigns could be better used to try new things in order to bring in more customers. But what do I know?

And couldn't you have just taken the pickles off of your burger?

Speaking of order mess-ups, when I worked at McDonald's I could always tell when a customer walked in the store if they were a victim of a drive-thru faux pas...

Oh, I know there are questions concerning my credit-card idea, but sometimes I wonder if the cash spent on dumb marketing campaigns could be better used to try new things in order to bring in more customers. But what do I know?

And couldn't you have just taken the pickles off of your burger?

Speaking of order mess-ups, when I worked at McDonald's I could always tell when a customer walked in the store if they were a victim of a drive-thru faux pas...

Hehe... I know what you mean, God do I know.

And um, I would've if they were still there, but when I mean they fucked up my order, they really fucked up my order. ...let's leave it at that. I just had my own nicely homemade hamburgers and I'd like to keep them in the stomach.

Oh, it's so easy. Considering they just get livid, yell, scream and hollar at you, yet you've got no idea what the problem is.

I loved this one guy, he got all mad and puffy over the fact that a large OJ (not pop, OJ) costed more than coffee and was the same size as a coffee supersize (instead of, pop). He tried picking a fight with me (I just dodged it as best as one can), my manager (who HAD explained it to her) and accused her of telling him (the guy) off over the phone yet that wasn't the case (people where right there), then tells a tale to my commanding offices that not only had my manager been telling him off and that I had also not only picked a fight with him, but also attempted to physically do him harm.

...sighs... All in a days work I guess. ;)

I loved this one guy, he got all mad and puffy over the fact that a large OJ (not pop, OJ) costed more than coffee and was the same size as a coffee supersize (instead of, pop)...

I have so much hate for customers it's not funny (I have an endless supply of these stories). Gee, I wonder why OJ would be more expensive than COFFEE. One genius wanted us to make her a breakfast sandwich at 3 p.m. My manager loved that one.

It was funny when our store started making Tuesday 29-cent hamburger night. It was also a night that the Pittsburgh Penguins were playing, which meant we were going to get hit even without this sale by people on the way to the game.

Anyway, management had NO CLUE how overwhelmed we would be (and in their defense they had no way to know). People in front and in drive-thru were ordering 10 burgers at a time, and we could only make 12 at a time per stove. There were at least two altercations, one of them almost physcial, between the hosses making the burgers and the dainty drive thru chicks waiting for their orders.

In times like this I just like getting washed up in all the chaos. I was working a register, and it just so happened to be by the ice cream machine, so I just began giving out kids ice cream cones to my customers and chatted with them. In addition, I only worked three orders at a time because what was the point of ringing up 10 orders when none would be close to being completed. Amazingly enough every customer I had understood why I was doing this! My register was the calm eye in this hurricane of mayhem that night. And of course my manager rewarded me by having me work EVERY 29-cent hamburger night.

B*tch...

I have so much hate for customers it's not funny (I have an endless supply of these stories). Gee, I wonder why OJ would be more expensive than COFFEE. One genius wanted us to make her a breakfast sandwich at 3 p.m. My manager loved that one.

It was funny when our store started making Tuesday 29-cent hamburger night. It was also a night that the Pittsburgh Penguins were playing, which meant we were going to get hit even without this sale by people on the way to the game.

Anyway, management had NO CLUE how overwhelmed we would be (and in their defense they had no way to know). People in front and in drive-thru were ordering 10 burgers at a time, and we could only make 12 at a time per stove. There were at least two altercations, one of them almost physcial, between the hosses making the burgers and the dainty drive thru chicks waiting for their orders.

In times like this I just like getting washed up in all the chaos. I was working a register, and it just so happened to be by the ice cream machine, so I just began giving out kids ice cream cones to my customers and chatted with them. In addition, I only worked three orders at a time because what was the point of ringing up 10 orders when none would be close to being completed. Amazingly enough every customer I had understood why I was doing this! My register was the calm eye in this hurricane of mayhem that night. And of course my manager rewarded me by having me work EVERY 29-cent hamburger night.

B*tch...

Working at BBV and at McD, you gain a new perspective of what sales clerks really go through. Or just people who make sales of any sort.

I know. It's stupid how some idiots just don't get simple things. Coffee beans are like just little things you grind up and can make coffee with some water (more process involved, but really all you need). With OJ, it's like pulping, squeezing, de-sugaring to some degree, and all that. Geez...

Hmph... I would've LOVED to have been there on that day, cause that sounded like fun.

Oh and it's actually smart your manager did that. You handled the situation better than your co-workers did and thusly only fair to say that your manager would've done the same to someone else had they done it.

And I must say anyone in the fast food industry, sales, or anything like that, does NOT make enough for going through the crap they do.