TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just J

Goldberg on Byte this.

Guest Just J
Goldberg was recently a guest on WWE.com's "Byte This!" webcast. Here is a brief recap of what was covered:

-Caller asked Goldberg which was more important, winning the WCW title or the WWE's "World Title". Goldberg said the WCW title victory was in his hometown only 6 months in the business, against Hulk Hogan, in front of 40,000 people was special to him. He also said winning the World Title considering who has held it, means a lot. He said the two were not comparable.

-Goldberg was asked if he now feels comfortable in WWE. Goldberg said he does, but there was a feeling out period in the beginning. He said the business had changed a lot during his hiatus, and it took a while to adapt. He said what he was dealing with before is nothing compared to what he deals with now.

-An email question for Goldberg asked if he saw himself wrestling at WrestleMania XX in March. Goldberg said it was an honor to be in WWE and as their champion as it is, and he would hold a match at WrestleMania high on his list. As far as who he'd see himself facing, Goldberg said he'd like what he feels everybody wants, and that's a match with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

-An email question asked about Goldberg's WWE contract expiring right after WrestleMania XX, and if he plans on sticking around longer. Goldberg said in a perfect world he would, but for now he's taking things day by day. He said re-signing is an obstacle he and WWE would have to cross when they come to it.

-A caller asked Goldberg about his match with HHH at Unforgiven. Goldberg said there's been heat with HHH since he "opened his mouth" after Goldberg cut his arm on the limo window in WCW. Goldberg said he doesn't like Triple H, and the physical hatred he has for him doesn't compare to the emotional hate he has for him.

Boy does Goldberg have a set or what?

Guest OnlyMe

It's a good job Goldberg didn't do anything unprofessional against HHH, like no selling a sledgehammer, low blow and DDT.

Nik

Good, I like that Goldberg can speak his mind and not have to worry about politics because he could just bail if he wanted to.

Loved the honesty about the 2 title wins too, good to see a non-WWE revisionist politics bullshit answer for once.

Guest ToddRoyal
Caller asked Goldberg which was more important, winning the WCW title or the WWE's "World Title". Goldberg said the WCW title victory was in his hometown only 6 months in the business, against Hulk Hogan, in front of 40,000 people was special to him. He also said winning the World Title considering who has held it, means a lot. He said the two were not comparable.

Huh? Now when he says "considering who has held it" he either means he views it as a seperate title, and HHH is amazing (which it would seem he does not mean, considering his "physical hatred" of him) or he's referring to all the people to have held it when it was still the WCW title.

Which makes no sense, because he says its not comparable to the WCW title.

My head hurts.

Caller asked Goldberg which was more important, winning the WCW title or the WWE's "World Title". Goldberg said the WCW title victory was in his hometown only 6 months in the business, against Hulk Hogan, in front of 40,000 people was special to him. He also said winning the World Title considering who has held it, means a lot. He said the two were not comparable.

Huh? Now when he says "considering who has held it" he either means he views it as a seperate title, and HHH is amazing (which it would seem he does not mean, considering his "physical hatred" of him) or he's referring to all the people to have held it when it was still the WCW title.

Which makes no sense, because he says its not comparable to the WCW title.

My head hurts.

I think he's refering to the people who have held the title (whether defuncted or re-established). And I think that was a slight against the last World Champion.

Goldberg's tights must have a portal to another dimension in his tights. That is the only way to explain how he can still walk with the watermelon sized balls he has for making this statement. Only Austin and Rock can get away with speaking against HHH even in character and given the past between Goldberg and HHH, I find it hard to believe that this was totally in character.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Jeez...while i hate both of these idiots......i sure am goona look forward to my few weeks without HHH, but when he comes back, we will never see big bad Bill ever agin on WWE TV

Both would suck and disappoint. The match would (obviously) suck, and people won't care as much as WWE would hope.

Most marks would beg to differ though.

Are you sure about that? I'm not talking from a 'smark' standpoint; I'm talking from a general standpoint. How would you build Austin/Hogan? The match of two legends? Whoops! Done that with Hogan for the past two WrestleManias already! How about Austin/Goldberg? Hey guys, it's Austin versus his WCW ripoff from 1998! The match would be 5-6 years too late.

Also, If you were Austin, would you get in the ring with Bill, given his past...legacy.

The great thing about this potential Austin-Jericho mess is that you know Jericho can be depended on to -

a- carry the entire match and do evertyhing

b- NOT POTENTIALLY CRIPPLE SOMEONE

God only knows, but apparantly its sorta set in stone as the Raw Main Event at Royal Rumble

What? The Vengeance match?. Wasnt that because Austin was buying into HHH's crap, and didnt want to put Jericho over????

What? The Vengeance match?. Wasnt that because Austin was buying into HHH's crap, and didnt want to put Jericho over????

I was thinking more the No Way Out match. To tell the truth, I barely remember the Vengence match, but I do remember the NWO match being very underwelming.

That whole Royal Rumble - Wrestlemania period was Austin on cruise control, leading up to his first walkout