TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just J

Goldberg on Byte this.

It's better than he would be now though. Now, his neck is worse, he's out of ring shape, and would have a hard time bumping around (even though Jericho would do practically all the bumping, but still).

How would you build Austin/Hogan? The match of two legends? Whoops! Done that with Hogan for the past two WrestleManias already!

Hogan always carried WM (except 19) though. Hogan / Rock was good, but Austin / Hogan would be better off simply because you have the guy who made wrestling versus the guy who revolutionized it. Its almost any mark's wet dream.

How about Austin/Goldberg? Hey guys, it's Austin versus his WCW ripoff from 1998! The match would be 5-6 years too late.

That may be so, but the fact of the matter is most fans STILL want to see it happen. Mainly because fans want to see Austin kick Goldberg's ass.

Guest Choken One

Austin/Hogan would be a easier sell to the mainstream as it's a simple build

I wouldn't mind Jericho/Austin but I won't buy that Austin will return to shape just to lay down for Jericho, He will HAVE to go over and shit...

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Austin/Hogan is the only way to go, simply because that actually means something. Both guys are the definitve draws in wrestling history as we know it, & both guys have nothing aside from special attraction matches left. As much as Goldberg crippling Austin would entertain me to some degree, the finish is a foregone conclusion.

They fucked up, though. Austin/Hogan doesn't mean shit since the Rock already beat both of them at WM. Austin/Hogan should have happened instead of Rock/Hogan.

Back on topic, I still hate Goldberg, just slightly less. If he hates him to that degree (provided it's not kayfabe), the odds of 'Berg getting fed up & beating the holy hell out of HHH are higher. Will it happen? Probably not. But one can dream

Austin and Jericho have never had a good match, and with Austin crippled and Jericho hardly even a full time wrestler as it is, no good could come of that. I think Kane should have retired Austin, but they've fucked him over too much for anyone to buy it now.

Guest Loss

Have you guys ever actually listened to Byte This? The wrestlers shoot on everything except their current feud, which they kayfabe. This is how it has always been.

If Goldberg said the same thing on Wrestling Observer Live, I'd think there may be more to it. But he didn't. This may show that some of you who take pride in being "smarks", whatever the hell that means, are just as easily worked as the average fan in the arenas. Nothing wrong with that, just saying.