TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

A-Train on commentary.

So, who else heard A-Train doing commentary. Man was he just boring going into bad. He was voice was just awful and kinda monotone and I just hated how he keep saying how a big man can beat a little man. Never mind that fact that Benoit has beating A-Train a few times already.

So, in other words he said nothing of note.

Guest TheGame2705

He's certainly a better talker than Brock and RVD to name a few though. Hell Lita had a job doing commentary on HeAT for a while and I can't stand her voice.

I don't mind A-Train, but he wasn't very good on commentary last night. Tazz & Cole practically had to drag comments out of him, and even then he just stuck to the 1 idea (bigger than Benoit). I've seen better speaking segments w/ him.

Yeah, he was very bad last night. And the whole "Benoit can't beat me" deal doesn't hold up since Chris has beaten him a handful of times.

If he was trying to get himself over he fail miserably.

Cole: "What if Benoit gets that move on ya?"

A-Train: "He can't...I'm big."

Cole: "German Suplex! What if he pulls that?"

A-Train: "I told you already...I'm big."

Guest nikowwf

No one could be worse than A-Train was on commentary last night....he was CAT level bag. Don't even try to compare to Brock - Brock's sentences are at least 5 words.

A-Train - IM BIG. BENOIT IS NOT. IM TOO BIG. zzz...snore

niko

Guest Polish_Rifle

Enough with the Albert pushed already! Why is he on another PPV? When was the last time Matt Hardy had a singles PPV match? I would rather see a Matt/Benoit feud than another Albert match. He was built up leading up to the last PPV and was promptly squashed by Taker. Are we suppose to believe that the Hip Hop Hippo can beat Benoit simply because he's big and hairy?

Guest wildpegasus
Enough with the Albert pushed already! Why is he on another PPV? When was the last time Matt Hardy had a singles PPV match? I would rather see a Matt/Benoit feud than another Albert match. He was built up leading up to the last PPV and was promptly squashed by Taker. Are we suppose to believe that the Hip Hop Hippo can beat Benoit simply because he's big and hairy?

I'd like to see Benoit/Hardy but prefer Benoit/A-Train as their top matches have eclipsed Benoit vs Matt Hardy. Benoit vs A-Train is going to be a great match at the PPV. All I'm worried about is that A-Train is going to beat Benoit since they keep on hammering the point in that A-Train hasn't beaten Benoit yet. Even if A-Train does get the victory at No Mercy I still suspect Benoit will go over when the feud is all said and done. It's not that I mind A-Train winning but I'm just worried that they're going to keep Benoit in the mid card forever. It kind of reminds me what they did with Bret Hart when he got stuck in the midcard while Diesel got a run with the belt.

Yeah, he was very bad last night. And the whole "Benoit can't beat me" deal doesn't hold up since Chris has beaten him a handful of times.

If he was trying to get himself over he fail miserably.

Cole: "What if Benoit gets that move on ya?"

A-Train: "He can't...I'm big."

Cole: "German Suplex! What if he pulls that?"

A-Train: "I told you already...I'm big."

Exactly. I so wish either Tazz or Cole would have said something like this,

"Well if you can beat Benoit cause you're bigger then him then why has he beaten you a handful of times and made you tap to the Crossface?"

A-Train: ......... I can beat him cause I'm bigger then him and stuff.

The best part about A-Train on commentary was the fact that he broke out damn near every generic heel line in the book.

"When I fight Benoit at No Mercy, I will show Benoit NO MERCY!"

Guest wildpegasus
Why exactly is Benoit/A-Train going to be great?

niko

Watch their previous matches. They have the chemistry thing in the ring going on with lots of great reversals, intensity and a good story of the little guy beating the odds for the victory against the superheavywieght. Their match in the world heavy tourney was great for the time alloted. A-Train's a good wrestler who knows what he's doing in the ring. Benoit's a great wrestler who's going to eat up A-Train's cool offence like a REAL Canadian to make A-Train look like a monster. The match at No Mercy will have the aforementioned good story of the little guy battling the big guy with A-Train probably going after Benoit's neck (and probably his back/ribs to a lesser extent) considering that he's now added the crossface to his arsenal. Add on A-Train's other neck wrenching manuevers and I think we have a good Benoit in peril situation which should help the bout out. I think this'll add some good suspense to the match as A-Train undobutably will put the crossface on at No Mercy and as of now I don't even know how Benoit will counter it. This'll all lead to a nice match. Hopefully, when this match is over people will finally get off A-Train's back and realise that he indeed is a good wrestler. I think we're in for a real treat here that's going to surprise some people.

*Applause for wildpegasus's post*

The only problem I forsee with the match is that Benoit is going to leave on a stretcher. That guy bumps like a fuck for A-Train in a 5 minute Smackdown match, I'm scared to see what might happen if the No Mercy match goes over 10.

Guest wrestlingbs
He's certainly a better talker than Brock and RVD to name a few though. Hell Lita had a job doing commentary on HeAT for a while and I can't stand her voice.

No no no no no. RVD, Lita, and Brock at least do minimally decent promos. A-Train was just horrific last night. The guy deserves none of the push he's getting.

*typical dipshit anti-smark line*

You smarks need to shut up! If it was one of your smark darlings like Benoit on commentary you wouldn't be saying that! I'm better than all of you and my penis is bigger! *flexes*

Guest JMA

I'm pretty sure the line "A good big man always beats a good little man," was a quote Gorilla Monsoon started. It also fits Train's character.

Guest JMA
*typical dipshit anti-smark line*

You smarks need to shut up! If it was one of your smark darlings like Benoit on commentary you wouldn't be saying that! I'm better than all of you and my penis is bigger! *flexes*

:lol:

That was great.

Guest TheGame2705

No no no no no. RVD, Lita, and Brock at least do minimally decent promos. A-Train was just horrific last night. The guy deserves none of the push he's getting.

I admit his commentary was bad but he's definitely a better speaker than Brock, RVD, and Lita to name a few. Hell, Jesse Ventura sucked a huge cock when it came to commentary but people still like him today.

I also love this continued talk of this A-Train push. A commentary spot on one show is part of a push? Jobbing to fucking everyone but Rey Jr. and Funaki is a push? Since when? Some of you are just so damn biased against the guy. But I'm not trying to start another A-Train debate as there never is a debate for the most part. It's "he sucks" for most if not all of the arguments.

Game, some people might think he's getting a push because they're convinced he'll beat Benoit. I'm personally waiting until No Mercy to see who's getting a push. If A-Train wins, I'm pretty sure he is. If Benoit wins, hopefully he is.

Guest TheGame2705
Game, some people might think he's getting a push because they're convinced he'll beat Benoit. I'm personally waiting until No Mercy to see who's getting a push. If A-Train wins, I'm pretty sure he is. If Benoit wins, hopefully he is.

That might be true but it would only be the start of the push. I definitely wouldn't call beating everyone but Stephanie McMahon, Rey, and Funaki a push.

By the way, get on messenger :)

Exactly. This feud might be the beginning of a push. Therefore, people want it ended. Calling it a god push is riduculous, but it could very well be a push and I guess alot of people resent that.

And I'm going to eat first. I'll be on later.

Guest JMA

Well, I wouldn't call Train a better talked than RVD. That's just crazy. Unless of course you hate RVD and think everything who likes him is a sheep. :lol:

Guest TheGame2705
Well, I wouldn't call Train a better talked than RVD. That's just crazy. Unless of course you hate RVD and think everything who likes him is a sheep. :lol:

"It's cool man" is top notch interview skills

Guest JMA
Well, I wouldn't call Train a better talked than RVD. That's just crazy. Unless of course you hate RVD and think everything who likes him is a sheep.  :lol:

"It's cool man" is top notch interview skills

Damn right. Whether you like it or not (and I know you don't), many people liked RVD's mic skills when he was ECW. Are they wrong just because YOU say so? I suppose they're all ECW sheep, right? <_<

Guest Anglesault
But I'm not trying to start another A-Train debate as there never is a debate for the most part. It's "he sucks" for most if not all of the arguments.

Which is usually followed by Pro-Albert comment that looks like this

"NUH-UH! He had a good match two and a half years ago! OMG ALBERT IS THE FAT FLAIR!"

Guest croweater

This match looks as though it's either gonna be a push for Albert or for Benoit....... and God I hope it's Benoit.

Often the way they try to get the smaller Guys into the ME scene is to put them over a Big guy, for example take a look at Eddie and TBS (hopefully EDDIE~! goes over here too).

I'll wait till the final bell before I say yay or nay to this feud.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I find myself marking out for the standing-up-in-the-crossface bit, sue me.

my attorney will be in touch

Benoit will loose here, it's just a matter of how it happens. If A-Train pins him clean w/ the Derailer or Train Wreck, then he's fucked. But I don't see that happening. Benoit will still be the one who's "put over" at the end of the match because I'm calling interference by Rhyno who gores Benoit. Train covers, Benoit kicks out. Train picks up Benoit for the Derailer and hits it, Benoit kicks out. He Bicycle Kicks Benoit, who once again kicks out. Finally he finishes him off after he hits the Train Wreck.

Afterwards I can see them doing a whole "trainers attempt to help Benoit to the back but he refuses help" kinda thing.

The next night on Smackdown all you need is a simple "Brock makes fun of Benoit and says he doesn't have 'it' anymore" comment and bada-bing bada-boom you've got yourself a feud. Of course, it could progress deeper then that, mainly with the audience being led to believe that this may be the last time we see Benoit going for the title.